Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Seattle Mayor, Ed Murray Resigns Following Child Sex Abuse Allegation - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Seattle Mayor, Ed Murray Resigns Following Child Sex Abuse Allegation (411 Views)

Ecuador's Youngest Mayor, Brigitte-Garcia & Her Aide Assassinated / Hungarian President Novak Resigns Over Sex Abuse Case Pardon. / Meet Amarachuka Enyia, Kanye West Supports Mayor Of Chicago Contestant With $73K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seattle Mayor, Ed Murray Resigns Following Child Sex Abuse Allegation by GistMorer: 7:03am On Sep 13, 2017
Mayor of Seattle, Ed Murray announced his resignation today, hours after new sexual abuse allegations surfaced against the embattled politician.

His announcement comes after his cousin granted an interview to the Seattle Times alleging abuse, the latest in a series of allegations against the mayor. His cousin is the fifth person to accuse Murray of child sexual abuse.

Murray denied the allegations, as he has in the past and said he was resigning effective 5 p.m. Wednesday so the scandal would no longer overshadow his office.

According to him, 'while the allegations against me are not true, it is important that my personal issues do not affect the ability of our city government to conduct the public's business. To the people of this special city and to my dedicated staff, I am sorry for this painful situation'.

Council President Bruce Harrell will become mayor upon Murray's resignation.

GistMore: http://www.gistmore.com/seattle-mayor-ed-murray-resigns-following-child-sex-abuse-allegation

[img]http://alexis.lindaikejisblog.com/photos/shares/59b84f4eec13d.PNG[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seattle Mayor, Ed Murray Resigns Following Child Sex Abuse Allegation by kynbasil01: 7:08am On Sep 13, 2017
lipsrsealed
That's happening in sane clime.. here our case is different. ..we have a jihardist,sick and supper clueless president but he wunt resign
Re: Seattle Mayor, Ed Murray Resigns Following Child Sex Abuse Allegation by mike404(m): 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2017
HES A democRATgrin WHERE IS ALHAJI LUCASBALO AKA ABBEYBAILEY
Re: Seattle Mayor, Ed Murray Resigns Following Child Sex Abuse Allegation by Abbeybailey(m): 12:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
mike404:
HES A democRATgrin WHERE IS ALHAJI LUCASBALO AKA ABBEYBAILEY
Why don't you go tend to your hungry parents in the village instead of worrying about a country you will never step your Kwashiokor ravaged body on.

1 Like

Re: Seattle Mayor, Ed Murray Resigns Following Child Sex Abuse Allegation by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 15, 2017
If his own cousin is accusing him, then hmmm. But let me not assume. He's innocent until proven guilty.

(1) (Reply)

Catalans Defy Riot Police To Vote In Independence Referendum / Rwandan President Reportedly Arrests Mother And Daughters Over Presidency Plan / [video] Pinch Me If You Don’t Believe I’m Real – Putin To Nigeria Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.