Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities (5526 Views)

Which Course Has More Job Opportunities After Graduation in Nigeria? / The 7 Courses To Replace Mass Communication Degree In Nigeria / Mass Communication Degree To Be Phased Out As Professors Submit New Curricula (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities by trisha01(f): 7:07am On Sep 13, 2017
M
Re: Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities by castrol180(m): 7:23am On Sep 13, 2017
Op, your enquiry is a very good and nice one, but mind you do not try to compare sleep with death as law and the so called mass communication are in a lot of ways distant to one another. Seems you have that mind of being a puppet under one organisation as regard getting job or working for someone, if that is your talent or what you hold dearly to your mind then go for mass communication as we have many communicators today especially females working as secretary, clerk, sales rep, and so on, the print and electronic media could only take fewer of the graduates of mass communication being produced annually by the higher institutions of learning. The only way to practise for the majority left out is to become freelancer and not today when even untrained person is practising the work. How many time have you heard that a quack communicator has been arrested or an untrained journalist but we have heard of fake lawyers arrested on so many time. In law you can set your own private practice up and be doing your business on, even if is only property law, a unit of law that you are executing it is a big thing as you cut your percentage on every deal not to talk of contract law, signing of agreement and representing client at the law court.

Law is a big daddy to mass communication.
Law is a professional course, while in the case of the other one except you are talented in speaking, talking like parrot you may end up not getting any job with radio, television or online stations but a mere office girl. You will always see many adult and olds still aspiring to study law after their first or second degree but it is not the case in the mass communication.

@op, if you have the privilege, I implore you to go for law and later you can still practise as a communicator by obtaining a diploma or certificate in journalism or better still Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism in any institute of journalism as we have it all over the state in Nigeria. Kemi Omololu Olunloyo is a trained pharmacist but today she is a journalist communicating heavily that is a role of mass communicator. Many bloggers are not trained journalist but today they are reaping from that mass communication area.

P/s: from my observation of your post, you are not an independent minded person, you want to rely on an organisation or individual for your ends meet which is very bad. And I encourage you to free your mind from slavery or serving another man like you otherwise you become a se x tool in the hand of your boss in the office and in the Plateau hotels.
#myhalfword

Ftc dedicated to the men of the bench and bar (the learned) and the great communicators in the house

1 Like

Re: Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities by Promxy94(m): 7:33am On Sep 13, 2017
Some kind of questions people ask per se?
Law lacks job opportunity that's a fallacy
I read law u create ur job for yourself, by your network connections,that's if u can comprehend what I meant.
Re: Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities by colossus91(m): 7:45am On Sep 13, 2017
Non if you dont have connections!! grin
Re: Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities by trisha01(f): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2017
castrol180:
Op, your enquiry is a very good and nice one, but mind you do not try to compare sleep with death as law and the so called mass communication are in a lot of ways distant to one another. Seems you have that mind of being a puppet under one organisation as regard getting job or working for someone, if that is your talent or what you hold dearly to your mind then go for mass communication as we have many communicators today especially females working as secretary, clerk, sales rep, and so on, the print and electronic media could only take fewer of the graduates of mass communication being produced annually by the higher institutions of learning. The only way to practise for the majority left out is to become freelancer and not today when even untrained person is practising the work. How many time have you heard that a quack communicator has been arrested or an untrained journalist but we have heard of fake lawyers arrested on so many time. In law you can set your own private practice up and be doing your business on, even if is only property law, a unit of law that you are executing it is a big thing as you cut your percentage on every deal not to talk of contract law, signing of agreement and representing client at the law court.

Law is a professional course, while in the case of the other one except you are talented in speaking, talking like parrot you may end up not getting any job with radio, television or online stations but a mere office girl. You will always see many adult and olds still aspiring to study law after their first or second degree but it is not the case in the mass communication.

@op, if you have the privilege, I implore you to go for law and later you can still practise as a communicator by obtaining a diploma or certificate in journalism or better still Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism in any institute of journalism as we have it all over the state in Nigeria. Kemi Omololu Olunloyo is a trained pharmacist but today she is a journalist communicating heavily that is a role of mass communicator. Many bloggers are not trained journalist but today they are reaping from that mass communication area.

P/s: from my observation of your post, you are not an independent minded person, you want to rely on an organisation or individual for your ends meet which is very bad. And I encourage you to free your mind from slavery or serving another man like you otherwise you become a se x tool in the hand of your boss in the office and in the Plateau hotels.
#myhalfword

Ftc dedicated to the men of the bench and bar (the learned) and the great communicators in the house
Thanks i appreciate your response .
Re: Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities by Deicide: 9:05pm On Sep 13, 2017
Go 4 Law
Re: Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities by killemslim(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2017
Promxy94:
Some kind of questions people ask per se?
Law lacks job opportunity that's a fallacy
I read law u create ur job for yourself, by your network connections,that's if u can comprehend what I meant.
Re: Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities by killemslim(m): 9:41pm On Sep 13, 2017
castrol180:

#myhalfword

See wetin Op write see wetin only you write to advise Op...Nigerians sef.
Op for real just follow your heart and develop yourself by acquiring useful skills. Basically the best you can get being educated these days is the knowledge of survival through your stay in school. Keep your hustle tight. Your instincts and Hustle should always go together
Re: Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities by castrol180(m): 9:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
trisha01:
Thanks i appreciate your response .
It's a pleasure

(1) (Reply)

How Jamb Exam Is Being Marked / Unilorin Post UTME Past Questions. / Pakistani University Text Book Shows Difference Between Real And Fake Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.