Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,363 members, 7,850,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

"Mega City Turned Open Dump Site,"what Is Lagos Streets Becoming? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Mega City Turned Open Dump Site,"what Is Lagos Streets Becoming? (413 Views)

Residents Lament As Ogun Major Roads Turn Dump Site (Photos) / COVID-19 In Ecuador: Cardboard Coffins, Over 100 Bodies Litter The Streets / Black Smoke Coming From Lagos Dump Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Mega City Turned Open Dump Site,"what Is Lagos Streets Becoming? by Poetrylyre(m): 9:12am On Sep 13, 2017
We can do without this mess in Lagos...Is your area better?

First, let me quickly make a confession. I personally took these photographs at various locations in Lagos 'Mega' City. Some of the areas visited are: Ikoyi by Falomo, Apapa on Creek road, Meiran by Model Secondary School, Ogba by Excellent Hotel, Oshodi by Bolade bus stop and Ikeja by Awolowo House.

Before I make my comment, I want to acknowledge the fact that Lagos State Governor, Akinwumi Ambode is trying his best to give Lagosians dividends of democracy. But my fear is that if we are not careful, we may end up derailing the governor's effort as we did to his predecessor in office -former Governor Tunde Fashola.

I say this because I feel Fasola would have done more than he did if Lagosians, especially members of the fourth estate of the realm, didn't praise him beyond bounds as if he was not voted to provide essential services for electorates.

He was celebrated to high heavens within the first three years of his administration. What did we see at last -complacency! He relaxed and at this stage, he was generally perceived to be arrogant. This explains why his second term in office was like a disaster.

Now, Ambode has started well but I think he is doing what he was voted in to do. Instead of allowing the little he has done to go to his head, members of the public should be the watchdogs, for him to know where the shoe pinches.

Except we are deceiving ourselves, Lagos of today is dirty and one wonders why the state government has failed totally in the area of refuse collection. In the last 8 months, it has been promise and promise of a new era but the dirt is still in every nooks and crannies of the city. Again, is your area better?

https://blacknub.com.ng/2017/09/13/mega-city-turned-open-dump-sitewhat-lagos-streets-becoming/

Re: "Mega City Turned Open Dump Site,"what Is Lagos Streets Becoming? by madridguy(m): 9:15am On Sep 13, 2017
Ambode Ambode Ambode, wake up from your slumber. Nigerians are naturally stubborn, Lagosian need iron hand. Everywhere is messed up, the PSP zero, Lawma are trying but the PSP companies are terribly hell. Wake up, Ambode so you wont drag Lagos State backward.
Re: "Mega City Turned Open Dump Site,"what Is Lagos Streets Becoming? by BlackDBagba: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2017
undecided
Re: "Mega City Turned Open Dump Site,"what Is Lagos Streets Becoming? by thorpido(m): 9:29am On Sep 13, 2017
Yes Lagos is very dirty of recent.Refuse everywhere.I learnt the government is working on a new sanitation arrangement and that's why that sector is asleep right now.

1 Like

Re: "Mega City Turned Open Dump Site,"what Is Lagos Streets Becoming? by okonja(m): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2017
Samething happening here in some places of Karu Abuja
Re: "Mega City Turned Open Dump Site,"what Is Lagos Streets Becoming? by IdeyFindWife: 10:03am On Sep 13, 2017
Don't deceive yourself, unless the public gets involved in the process with government and all hands get on deck to ensure a culture of proper waste disposal, management, waste recycling and imbibing the "Reusable" culture, y'all will soon be buried in dirt!

Lagos is quite over-populated with enough shanties, ghettos and slums-like settlements quickly thriving everywhere there's any little free space. Example are your 'Under-Bridge' communities with no defined measures or contracted agencies to manage their waste.

The way it is going, it is obvious that Lagos waste may not end up in Lagos alone. MoU's should be drawn up with neighboring states for solid and liquid waste mgt. State govt should create lesser road-blocks with incentives for pro-Green investors to recycle the wastes while pple stop pooing and dumping shii everywhere. It's an eye-sore, damn!

BlackDBagba:
undecided

You are everywhere booking space...you don turn land-seller cheesy?

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Having A Haircut / Writers And Preferably Health Writers I Have Work For You / How To Make Baby Diaper Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.