Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Dog And Baboon Soaked In Blood Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dog And Baboon Soaked In Blood Speech (756 Views)

I've Learnt My Lessons, Says Blood-soaked Voter Who Survived An Attack In Kano / Corper Soaked In Lagos After A Party Member Beat Him Up. Video / Photos Of Wike's Body Soaked With Water While Commissioning Projects Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog And Baboon Soaked In Blood Speech by Nemesis1: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
Re Dogs and Baboons. ~ Bucky Hassan.

"God willing, by 2015, something will happen.

They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way.

If what happened in 2011 (alleged rigging) should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, dog bloody baboon bloody.’’ ~ Muhammadu Buhari. May 2012.

"Kare jini biri jini" translated as "Dog bloody baboon bloody", the proverb or idiom PMB quoted, means:
A fierce competition'. 'A tough fight where neither side will give up'.

It is often used in a sporting context to describe hard fought sports matches.

If I say 'It is raining cats and dogs', do you believe cats and dogs will fall upon you from the skies if you go outside? Of course not. grin

You understand it is an English idiom that means it is raining heavily.

How some twisted 'kare jini biri jini' to mean physical violence is impossible to understand.

If PMB says 'kare jini biri jini' about Nigeria playing Cameroon in the World cup qualifiers, would anyone think he means that Nigerian players should physically beat up and violently injure the Cameroonians?

Lol.

Of course not. They would know he means 'It will be a hard fought match. Do not give up'. ~ Bucky 2017.

**As PMB spoke in Hausa, it is actually others who translate it as 'the dog and baboon will be soaked in blood'. The literal translation is 'dog bloody baboon bloody.'

Credit-Angela Uyi Dpa

www.facebook.com/istandwithbuhari

Dabullit
Omenka
TonyeBarcanista
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Kindly sort this out
Re: Dog And Baboon Soaked In Blood Speech by madridguy(m): 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2017
Now pigs and idiots blood.
Re: Dog And Baboon Soaked In Blood Speech by queennsekxy(f): 12:26pm On Sep 13, 2017

1 Like

Re: Dog And Baboon Soaked In Blood Speech by Ajisebioyolaari: 12:36pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nice POV
Re: Dog And Baboon Soaked In Blood Speech by laudate: 2:27pm On Sep 13, 2017
I didn't realise PMB spoke in Hausa. sad I had always thought he made that statement credited to him, in English. Well, what do you know? We live and learn everyday.... undecided
Re: Dog And Baboon Soaked In Blood Speech by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
I'm here for the bright lights cool
Re: Dog And Baboon Soaked In Blood Speech by Nemesis1: 7:07am On Sep 14, 2017
TheCabal:
I'm here for the bright lights cool

Nice , but what's your take on the topic

(1) (Reply)

UN Lends Megaphone To Genocidal Military Dictator Buhari- Huffington Post / Naija Newspapers: Today's The Punch Newspaper Headlines [19 September, 2017]. / Press Release From Alaigbo Development Foundation. (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.