Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,998 members, 7,866,774 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 03:24 AM

The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 (2836 Views)

Python Dance: What Army Told Me About Killing Of Igbos – Ohanaeze Leader, Nwodo / Python Dance: What Army Told Me About Killing Of Igbos – Ohanaeze Leader, Nwodo / Nnamdi Kanu: Tune In To Channels TV NOW! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by babyfaceafrica: 8:37am On Sep 21, 2017
Noted..next
Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by agentofhell(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2017
nobody said Igbo shouldn't secede if they want, but, calling my tribe bastard because we said we can't kowtowed in his direction is intolerable, calling some people fool, uttering hate speeches and calling for killing of a particular section in you milieu isn't acceptable and no responsible govt will allow his country to burn just like KANU has promised. tell KANU if he's alive that he should learn from freedom fighters before him

1 Like

Re: The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22 by Kazim88: 9:09am On Oct 06, 2017
johnydon22:
Just this morning I was on a mission to purchase groceries for breakfast in a nearby small market here in Enugu, I was greeted by a scene; armored vehicles and soldiers speeding through.

This was not an everyday sight surely and is bound to spark up malicious feelings amongst the people.

This is the recent operation by the Nigerian army in the South Eastern part of Nigeria, this is not only ill thought, I beg your pardon to use the word idiotic on the part of who ever proposed or ordered such an unnecessary exercise.

The issue of Biafra and Igbo secession transcends IPOB, there are many Igbo groups and persons who even though are not under the IPOB umbrella still nurture and allow themselves to bask in the possibility of a separate country.

A saying goes “If you are ignorant of History, you will repeat the same mistakes made in history”

After the civil war, Nigerian government was determined to totally erase every trace of the war from the Nigerian structure and history, it is impossible, it is a silly move and it is still to this day the chords that play the music the python dances.

It Is a typical black man tactic to ignore, cover up and pretend issues do not exist as a means to solve it, If you try to pretend a problem do not exist to achieve peace, you do not solve such problem rather you postpone it. You may have a pretentious peace for a while but surely the circle must repeat itself.

This is the scenario played in the anecdote of the Nigerian/Biafran tuggle.

We chose to run away from history, we chose to pretend; the ghost of history will forever haunt us, the shadow of the Nigerian/Biafran war will forever prey our sick minds.

An igbo adage says “The best way to kill a serpent is to cut off it’s head”

But right before us Nigeria wanted to kill a serpent by pretending it doesn’t exist, if that is not the highest mark of moronity I wonder what else is.

The Nigerian-Biafran civil war is a reality, today more than 4 decades after this battle, the war is far from being over, maybe quietness have being achieved but make no mistake – Quietness should and must never be mistaken for peace.

Today the ghost of Biafra is still lurking in the very fabrics that holds Nigeria, in the very foundation that makes our collective goals.

Have we ever wondered why more than 4 decades after the war, the idea of Biafra is yet to be erased from the heart and minds of the Igbo people majority of those today who did not witness the war?

It is because the Python is not dead, Nigeria chose to pretend it is, today the same python is dancing in the East.

Operation Python dance in the history of military operations I have known through out my young life is by far the most Ill thought, quietness by forceful coercion can never bring peace.

Since inception I have applauded the IPOB organization for utilizing hard cut civil disobedience in their upheaval for Biafra, the response to this tactic will determine the fate of this country and by far will alter the course of our history either for good or worse and from what I have seen Nigeria is on the sure path to the wrong move.

In any clamor for political attention, individuals or group have two options before them;

1. Civil disobedience

2. Violence

The IPOB have chosen Civil disobedience, the response from the Nigerian government and majority of the people divided along ethnic lines and bigotry instead of objective judgment will lead this towards all out Violence.

The Python is dancing in the East, the army have claimed this is to safe guard the life, property and maintain peace in the region but the opposite is the case – the Python’s dance is causing that which it aims to prevent.

So what is the music of the python?

Who is playing the tunes?

What type of tune is the python dancing to?

Since the inception of this exercise; we here in the south feel more insecure, we feel more threatened and the peace in the region have been terribly rippled – so what exactly is the tune of the Python’s dance?

Since the Python started dancing: there is unrest in Abia and Rivers State.

Since the Python started dancing: Enugu, Anambra, Ebonyi and Imo is paranoid

Since the python started dancing: more than a dozen is dead and many injured.

So why is the Python dancing since it’s dance is directly responsible for that which it claims to prevent?

The greatest enemy of Justice is not lie but silence of the truth in the face of Injustice, if Nigerians do not come together and condemn what is wrong to be wrong the monster nurtured will touch every corner of the country.

Fighting for peace is just as effective as having sex to maintain virginity: Fighting may bring submission, quietness but let these never be mistaken as peace.

An Igbo adage says:

“Nwata na agba igede amaro na Igede bu egwu Mmuo, Onye na agba no na nsogbu, Onye na Aku Igede no na nsogbu, onye na ekiri no na nsogbu”

this literally means in English:

“The Child who dances Igede do not know that Igede is the dance of the spirit, he who dances is in trouble, he who plays is in trouble even he who watches is in trouble.

The Igede music is playing today in country, it concerns some and most are indifferent, many applaud such colossal abhorrence and injustice but as our forebears say “Igede is the dance of the spirit” everyone somehow shares in the repercussion.

I advocate for peace, I advocate for the argument of the aggrieved to be heard and given a fair considerations on it’s merits.

By Johnydon22.

When I see some "Educated" Nigerians celebrating current local silence as it relates to Biafra as Peace at last.. I am shocked.

When I see some derailing Kanu, that he "ran"... That the battle has been won, once and for all. the Army even declared so... I shake my head.

Then I remembered your article...atleast they are still NIGERIANS with working brain... that could see Beyond now and could join the dots.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Amaechi And Wike Fight - What I Noticed From The Pics / The Rise And Fall Of Buhari; An Analysis From The London Economist Magazine. / The Cooking Stove Controversy: APC And It's Federated Liars.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.