Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,197 members, 7,825,756 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Announces Exit, Reveals Next Move - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Announces Exit, Reveals Next Move (386 Views)

Co-founder / Paul Allen, Microsoft Co-Founder Is Dead / It’s Time To Delete Facebook Said By " Brian Acton " Whatsapp Co-founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Announces Exit, Reveals Next Move by olajay86(m): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2017
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/09/whatsapp-co-founder-brian-acton.html

Brian Acton, co-founder of WhatsApp, now owned by Facebook Inc​,​ ​has announced plan to leave the messaging service company​.

​He made the disclosure in a Facebook post on Tuesday.

Acton said, “​After 8 years at WhatsApp, I have decided to move on and start a new chapter in my life.

​”​I am very fortunate at my age to have the flexibility to take new risks and focus on what I’m passionate about. I’ve decided to start a non-profit focused at the intersection of nonprofit, technology and communications.

​”I​t’s something I’ve thought about for a while, and now it’s time to just focus and execute. I’ll have more to share in the coming months.

​”​This decision is, of course, a tough one. I’m proud of what our team has accomplished in only a few years, and it’s humbling to see that so many people rely on WhatsApp every day.​”​

A Stanford alumnus, Acton co-founded WhatsApp with Ukrainian immigrant Jan Koum in 2009. The duo worked at Yahoo before starting WhatsApp.

The​y hit big in 2014 when Facebook agreed to pay $19 billion to buy it, although the price ended up rising to $22 billion thanks to share-based components to the deal.

WhatsApp is the world’s most-used messaging app today with over one billion monthly users, that’s more than double the 450 million it had at the date of the acquisition.

Re: Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Announces Exit, Reveals Next Move by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
Re: Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Announces Exit, Reveals Next Move by Kingdolo(m): 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nice
Re: Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Announces Exit, Reveals Next Move by finnestdope(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2017
Men with Vision.

He has achieved one goal and now he is up for another.

Kudos Man, i admire you cool
Re: Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Announces Exit, Reveals Next Move by netbeans1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2017
Wow smiley
Re: Whatsapp Co-founder Brian Acton Announces Exit, Reveals Next Move by moneychannel: 11:11pm On Sep 13, 2017
Is it free Internet for Africa you're venturing into Bryan?

(1) (Reply)

Earn 250K Monthly When You A Take A Course With Us! / How To Increase Traffic On A Youtube Channel / Best E-commerce Setup For Digital Product Downloads Check Out Demo Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.