Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Can A Foreign Company Purchase Land In Nigeria? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can A Foreign Company Purchase Land In Nigeria? (2220 Views)

Call Bench Mark For Your Properties Purchase, Land, Houses, Oil And Gas, Etc / Purchase Land In Affordable Prices Alng Lag/ibadan Express Way After Rccg Camp. / How To Purchase Land Or Property From Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A Foreign Company Purchase Land In Nigeria? by zexyworm: 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2010
Can a Foreign Company purchase land in Nigeria? Do I need a Nigerian partner, or need to form a partnership or joint venture with a local Nigerian? Anyone has a link to real estate laws in Nigeria, especially governing foreign companies?
The land in question would most probably be located in Lekki or Victoria Island, and would eventually be developed into a mixed use highrise property.

Any help/insight would be appreciated. I already have some Nigerian [i]candidate [/i]partners but I need to know I'm not being suckered into a 419!

Thank you.
Re: Can A Foreign Company Purchase Land In Nigeria? by olubuffett: 3:08pm On Feb 27, 2010
you certainly can, lawyer will be best to answer ur question on how best to go about it, am sure his around some where oh man is eating Eba give him 5Min's. need 2 increase my potfolio b4 you buy all the goodies.
Re: Can A Foreign Company Purchase Land In Nigeria? by estman: 9:27pm On Feb 27, 2010
yes,a foreign company can purchase land here in Nigeria,infact it will be better if they want to use it for a commercial purpose.

right now,we have 4 plots of land that our client leased for 30years,he wanted to erect a high rise building with a chineese company but the deal flopped due to the logistics was not put in place,right now my client wants a foreign company that can take up the land and developed it.

the property is located in the heart of victoria island,precisely off ajose adeogun.so if you are intrested,i can set up meeting between you and end seller,no broker involved,i speak directly with end seller.

thanks as i wait for your response.

Jacob
jacobproperties@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Lists Of Available Property For Lettings In Egbeda/akowonjo Area / 3 Bedroom Flat For Sale At Abraham Adesanya Estate with Pictures. / Benin City:100 By 50 Plot Of Land At Ekosodin Back Of Uniben Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.