Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Christians, please advise. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, please advise. (597 Views)

Dear Christians,please Say Something About This / Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. / Jehovahs Witnesses that believe they are the only True Christians.Please come in (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, please advise. by Hardeysolution(m): 1:22am On Sep 14, 2017
I have a friend that took me as a mentor. I however always told her not to but as a normal friend. She has a mentor before that disappointed her and made her come to me. That her mentor is a member of her church and even their youth pastor.
They have a fellowship that they hold and she invited me. Because the guy heard about me from her and has heard me speak which I think is the reason for giving me the chance to minister yesterday at their youth vigil.
Yesterday, they were praying warfare prayers and of course very right. When I was to minister, I made them to understand that The devil didn't steal anything from them but was a transaction that we made possible with our disconnection from our source. I told them Jesus has fought the battle and won and all powers are with him so the devil is powerless and we shouldn't give him credit for what he's not. I also said there's nobody capable of doing a real child of God because we bear the mark of Christ. I told them that any problem we have is a result of we not hearing him.
After this, the guy called me and said what I was saying was too big for the people that are still growing. He said they called the vigil to encourage them to battle the problem and pray out their destinies and I was sure I was only making it clearer to them because God told me before I started that this isn't the first time they would pray that prayer and won't be the last time. Then I identified them as the problem. That they need to connect back to Jesus. In plain words, he said I quoted him that why should they fight any battle. He also said he identified that people weren't ready to pray when I finished speaking. He said its their doctrine and what they believe and it's working for them. I told him I was sorry.
This night, the girl who took me as her mentor whom he was mentoring before called me and said the guy called her and gave her a command to stop talking to me and to even stop seeing me or she should leave the exco of the youths programme if she can't do that. I don't know what to tell her. I said I will get back to her.

Please, I need just serious answers.
Thank you
Re: Christians, please advise. by PWEETYWIZZY(f): 1:43am On Sep 14, 2017
For church again, why d Mr. Former Mentor dey plant seed of discord among u too. Pray for him abeg
Re: Christians, please advise. by OliveCynosure(f): 2:06am On Sep 14, 2017
He's just as ignorant as his members
Please, pray for them using Ephesians 1;17-18. The eyes of their understanding has to be flooded with light!

1 Like

Re: Christians, please advise. by marshalcarter: 2:27am On Sep 14, 2017
mehn....let's wait for the elders
Re: Christians, please advise. by Colorado4sure: 2:48am On Sep 14, 2017
For church ooo
Re: Christians, please advise. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:59am On Sep 14, 2017
They put themselves in the bondage of fear that God has liberated us from.

They're many pastors like this.

Paul didn't talk about the so called demons all the time.

Instead, he taught about having a relationship with God.

Once in a while, one should pray about evil.

But this is not the ultimate. Having a good
relationship with God is the key.

It is sad. Very sad. Christians living in fear.
Re: Christians, please advise. by Hardeysolution(m): 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
OliveCynosure:
He's just as ignorant as his members
Please, pray for them using Ephesians 1;17-18. The eyes of their understanding has to be flooded with light!
thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Christians, please advise. by Hardeysolution(m): 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
Originakalokalo:

They put themselves in the bondage of fear that God has liberated us from.

They're many pastors like this.

Paul didn't talk about the so called demons all the time.

Instead, he taught about having a relationship with God.

Once in a while, one should pray about evil.

But this is not the ultimate. Having a good
relationship with God is the key.

It is sad. Very sad. Christians living in fear.
It's well. God will help us all. Thank you
Re: Christians, please advise. by pennywys(m): 12:01am On Sep 15, 2017
Hardeysolution:

I have a friend that took me as a mentor. I however always told her not to but as a normal friend. She has a mentor before that disappointed her and made her come to me. That her mentor is a member of her church and even their youth pastor.
They have a fellowship that they hold and she invited me. Because the guy heard about me from her and has heard me speak which I think is the reason for giving me the chance to minister yesterday at their youth vigil.
Yesterday, they were praying warfare prayers and of course very right. When I was to minister, I made them to understand that The devil didn't steal anything from them but was a transaction that we made possible with our disconnection from our source. I told them Jesus has fought the battle and won and all powers are with him so the devil is powerless and we shouldn't give him credit for what he's not. I also said there's nobody capable of doing a real child of God because we bear the mark of Christ. I told them that any problem we have is a result of we not hearing him.
After this, the guy called me and said what I was saying was too big for the people that are still growing. He said they called the vigil to encourage them to battle the problem and pray out their destinies and I was sure I was only making it clearer to them because God told me before I started that this isn't the first time they would pray that prayer and won't be the last time. Then I identified them as the problem. That they need to connect back to Jesus. In plain words, he said I quoted him that why should they fight any battle. He also said he identified that people weren't ready to pray when I finished speaking. He said its their doctrine and what they believe and it's working for them. I told him I was sorry.
This night, the girl who took me as her mentor whom he was mentoring before called me and said the guy called her and gave her a command to stop talking to me and to even stop seeing me or she should leave the exco of the youths programme if she can't do that. I don't know what to tell her. I said I will get back to her.

Thank you
Na ur type no d gree make person sleep for night, making noise everywhere say u d do church. anyways, I was just passing by I saw this trash I stopped by to comment
Re: Christians, please advise. by EzeBenEphraim: 12:21am On Sep 15, 2017
This is easy... You continue to be obedient to Yah, and the young lady needs to do the same also.You cant force anyone to do anything. The truth in Christ is better than any smooth and beautiful lie/deception.

1 Like

Re: Christians, please advise. by Hardeysolution(m): 4:57am On Sep 15, 2017
pennywys:
Na ur type no d gree make person sleep for night, making noise everywhere say u d do church. anyways, I was just passing by I saw this trash I stopped by to comment
thank you
Re: Christians, please advise. by Didov1(f): 11:13pm On Sep 15, 2017
lol..two mentors having issue over mentorship..isokay..dnt bother ur self,the guy is jst been childish and jealous.plainly jealous.,jst ignore him and pray 4 him,cox i think thats d best thing to do nw,..
Re: Christians, please advise. by ichuka(m): 1:48am On Sep 16, 2017
@OP
You have done your part,it's now left for her to decide which part to take.
Funny but true,that most Christains struggle from self impose positions mainly caused by there pastors/mentors instead of the victorious position provide for us.
They like "DOING" instead of "RESTING"
They love "BATTLING and STRUGGLING"instead of "DECLARING and DEFENDING"
Still pray and talk to her sha.
Your path is the right one.
Re: Christians, please advise. by uvalued(m): 2:06am On Sep 16, 2017
Hardeysolution:
thank you
why for what? rather condemn those words formed against you.
Re: Christians, please advise. by segunojo866: 2:08am On Sep 16, 2017
Hardeysolution:

Thank you
Jesus Christ is dead

(1) (Reply)

A Foundation Builds A Bungalow For A Widow Who Lived In A Mud House (pics) / Must Churches Play Loud Music To Serve God? / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(sun. 03/12/2017) Tithing Is Trusting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.