Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms (1980 Views)

FFK Replies Sultan: 'If Christians Had Taken Up Arms, Nigeria Would Have Burnt" / Sultan: Muslims Will Not Be Provoked To Take Up Arms To Fight / IPOB Hasn't Cancelled Anambra Election Boycott, Decision Not Reached- Prof Nwala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by smellingmenses: 7:43am On Sep 14, 2017
The punch

Kanu, in the statement, hinted that the leaders of the IPOB intended to meet to vote on whether to drop their non-violent approach, and instead, use force to confront the Nigerian Army.

Parts of the statement read, “In view of the concerted effort by the oppressive Nigerian state to shatter the peace and tranquillity of the South-East and the rest of Biafraland through military intimidation, it has become necessary for me to clarify why, regrettably, I may not be able to attend Friday’s meeting with the South-East governors as earlier agreed, for three main reasons.

“We are currently busy attending to our dead and injured from this latest round of unprovoked military onslaught against innocent civilians in our own land. All the casualties so far were shot by men of the Nigerian Army deployed in my house and those stationed along motorways leading into Umuahia, my hometown.

“I have been reliably informed also that a detachment of this same soldiers, responsible for the murder of innocent unarmed IPOB family members, have now been stationed near Enugu to ambush and assassinate me on my way to the meeting with the governors on Friday.

“On that same Friday, the 15th of September, 2017, the leadership of IPOB, through the instrumentality of the Directorate of State, headquartered in Germany, will be meeting to vote on the viability or otherwise of continuing our struggle in this non-violent manner.

“There is urgent need to begin the process of defending ourselves in the face of relentless murderous attacks from the Nigerian state.”

Kanu explained that the prevailing situation in the South-East was not conducive to meaningful discussions with the governors.

“Accordingly, we will not engage in any meeting with anybody until the atmosphere is conducive and peaceful enough to allow for such,” he said.

In the same vein, he warned anti-Biafra Igbo, whom he described as “collaborators and agents of the oppressor”, to immediately go into self-imposed exile.

http://punchng.com/kanu-backs-out-of-talks-with-seast-govs-policeman-killed/

1 Like

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Lastking147(m): 7:45am On Sep 14, 2017
U
Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2017
Hahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by AntiWailer: 7:48am On Sep 14, 2017
They should please take.

After killing them they should say na genocide

Bunch of f00ls.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by SaIamRushdie(m): 7:49am On Sep 14, 2017
Bunch of îdiots. I used to support IPOB & Kanu but not after i watched this video. IPOB are armed terrorists.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by smellingmenses: 7:49am On Sep 14, 2017
modelmike7:
Hahahahaha
Hope bubu is happy
Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2017
This would be a death knell to the whole struggle and it would be a delight to millions to see these people sacked. It is time for sensible igbos to rein in this Ipob guys before trouble begins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2017
smellingmenses:

When they start bombing as far as Lagos don't complain

Igbos bomb Lagos? Please come and bomb Lagos. We are waiting for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by babyfaceafrica: 7:53am On Sep 14, 2017
Exactly what the army wants..you don serve to their hands...I pity una

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by GrandGarcon: 7:55am On Sep 14, 2017
Another fake news
Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by GrandGarcon: 7:58am On Sep 14, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
Exactly what the army wants..you don serve to their hands...I pity una
punch is not rhe best place to get news about IPOB, this is all fake news, it is to make IPOB look bad, but they will fail.
Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by babyfaceafrica: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2017
smellingmenses:

Guerilla warfare loading... Army will not have it funny.
lol..you must be joking.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by agbangam: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2017
Carry arms and be termed terrorist. America will now gladly sell efficient and sophisticated arms to Nigeria. I just pity dat state cos dey may end up looking like Allepo in Syria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 14, 2017
smellingmenses:

You are proving to be unintelligent.

Igbos should come and bomb Lagos na. Even Hausas with all their craziness have not bombed Lagos in the almost 10 years of Boko Haram. We are waiting for igbos to play into our hands and make the mistake. Mr Intelligent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 14, 2017
There are many Mansions in Lagos own by Igbo people but they have Hausa men as their gateman. Yet, they allow these their northern brethrens guiding their life to establish small kiosk where they sell biscuit, and all sort of small goods and services like shoe polish and shoe repair.
The Igbos here do not only trust the Hausa man with his life, he also allow him own a shop upon his land for the distribution of good and services.
Pls, stop judging the Igbos and Hausas by the ignorant attitudes of their folks in far East and far North who have never leave their home to know that their is more to life than just hate and antagonism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by smellingmenses: 8:04am On Sep 14, 2017
abiodunalasa:
There are many Mansions in Lagos own by Igbo people but they have Hausa men as their gateman. Yet, they allow these their northern brethrens guiding their life to establish small kiosk where they sell biscuit, and all sort of small goods and services like shoe polish and shoe repair.
The Igbos here do not only trust the Hausa man with his life, he also allow him own a shop upon his land for the distribution of good and services.
Pls, stop judging the Igbos and Hausas by the ignorant attitudes of their folks in far East and far North who have never leave their home to know that their is more to life than just hate and antagonism.

In the same vein, he warned anti-Biafra Igbo, whom he described as “collaborators and agents of the oppressor”, to immediately go into self-imposed exile.

Did you read this?
Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 14, 2017
smellingmenses:

I am not. When you open wars on at least five fronts then be prepared... Bombs going off in Lagos and sokoto

Just do it please and grant our fervent wish. Alot of Yoruba legal personnel are researching property forfeiture and will file several processes in court to claim abandoned properties. Just play into Yoruba hands and bomb Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by smellingmenses: 8:05am On Sep 14, 2017
Alcatraz005:

Just do it please and grant our fervent wish. I am a legal practitioner and I will file several processes in court to claim abandoned properties. Just play into Yoruba hands and bomb Lagos.
File. Claim and jump down 35 storey building to be eaten by a dog
Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 14, 2017
smellingmenses:

You are a very useless person. You are a enemy of this country!

All these your posts are mere sound bites. Bomb Lagos and grant Yorubas their fervent wish to see you outta our lands.

1 Like

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by SamzackD(m): 8:08am On Sep 14, 2017
angry

Review what has started already

They just killed any case they had with the Nigeria army, they had better withdraw their case from the ICC or Amnesty International, and go about their business like this entire KANU saga never happened
Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 14, 2017
smellingmenses:

We Yoruba fe ki ibo waa pelu wa

If you like speak all the Yoruba in the world, that doesn't stop the fact that we are waiting for igbos to make the mistake of bringing conflict into yorubaland. There are millions of clannish Yoruba nationalists who want to see igbos gone and they would be delighted for igbos to make the mistake of granting them the opportunity of evicting a tribe that has proven to be embarassed Don't lemme say what is in my mind! Just make the mistake of bombing Lagos and claim responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Ipob To Review Decision Not To Take Up Arms by Princewill1(m): 8:16am On Sep 14, 2017
it's about time

" And from the days of John the
Baptist until now, the Kingdom of
Heaven suffereth violence, and
the violent take it by force."

Mathew 11:12

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Ayo Fayose Storms Drinking Joint To Celebrate Christmas (pics,video) / The Desperation Of Die-hard Buharists In Pictures! / IPOB Commends Middle Belt On Calling For “takuruku Republic”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.