Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,432 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Acting On The Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Acting On The Word (312 Views)

Undergraduate, Suel Ambrose Slumps, Dies Acting Jesus Crucifixion Drama / Seminarian Slumped And Died While Acting Passion Of Christ Drama In Imo (photo) / Acting On The Healing Anointing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Acting On The Word by tsquare299(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2017
TEXT: Matt 7:24-25

24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

TOPIC: ACTING ON THE WORD

My last post was eight tips togetting closer to God, an important tip to getting closer to God is ACTING ON THE WORD. In today’s article, I will write on this important tip “ACTING ON THE WORD”

Believing demands action, creates action. Acting on the Word is doing the Word, it is letting Christ act through you. Acting on the Word, then, gives God an opportunity. Giving the Word its place in our life is giving Christ His position of Lordship. The term “believe” is made simple when we know that it is acting on what God has spoken.

Matt 7:24-25
24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

The rock is doing the Word. He that does not do the Word never builds upon a solid foundation. Hearer, readers and preachers of the Word must become a doer or else the entire structure that he builds will be destroyed. The wise man is the doer of the Word, the other hears but does not act upon it, such a person is a sense knowledge hearer. He is a mental assenter and indefinite hoper, but he is not a doer. Such a person responds to reason instead of the Word. His spiritual life is built on sand.

We can tell whether a man is building on the sand or on the rock, by noticing whether he is practicing or not, whether he is acting on the Word.

James 1:22-25 “Be ye doers of the Word and not hearers only, deluding your own selves. For if anyone is a hearer of the Word and not a doer, he is like a natural man beholding his natural face in a mirror: for he beholdeth himself and goeth away, and straightaway forgetteth what manner of man he was.”

THE HEARER/LISTENER/READER

This category of people has knowledge of the Word and they think knowledge is all that is necessary in Christianity. It is the doer of the Word, the man who practices it, lives it, walks in it, that builds it into his own life, whom God honors.

We may know the Word, we may be familiar with the original languages of the scripture (Greek and Hebrew). We may know the history of the Word, but that is all wasted energy if we do not live the Word, practice it.

When you come to a hard place, and need money, you resolutely turn to the Lord, because you know that “my God shall supply every need of yours” when you are tempted to sin, you resolutely turn to the Lord because you know that “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin. Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.”

You have taken your place. You act the art of a real believer. Instead of turning to sense knowledge and beggarly elements of the world, you turn to the Father.
Or if a loved one is sick, instead of being frightened, you remember the Word: “surely He hath borned our sicknesses and carried our diseases. And we have come to esteem him as the One who was stricken, smitten of God and afflicted with those diseases.”
We act on the Word, we do not fear, we are not disturbed because we know that the Word says that with His stripes we are healed. Or if some calamity has come, some rumour, the adversary has stirred things to our detriment, we know that the Word tells us in Isaiah 54:17, “no weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper, and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment, thou shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me.”
John 15:7 “if ye abide in me and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you.” The doer abides in Christ, and His words are living in him in the measure that he lives them, does them, practices them.

All his decisions are made by the Word. He is living in the realm of the living Christ. The word lives in the doer, he lives the Word. He is the fruit bearing branch- a real doer.

In conclusion, I want to remind you that you can do all things through Christ which strengthens you, you can be an actor of the Word because all things that pertain to life and godliness have been given you by His divine power that lives and works in you. You can do more than you could imagine, think, wish and pray for (Ephesian 3:20), stop giving excuses for disobeying the Word, LAUNCH INTO THE POWER OF HOLY SPIRIT IN YOU AND START LIVING THE WORD.
SHALOM
www.logos6715..com
Re: Acting On The Word by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 17, 2017
Beautifully written & blessed post.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lecrae Releases 'broke' Off His Upcoming Project / The Biggest Event Is Here Again!! / Resisting God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.