Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Resign To Take Care Of The Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Resign To Take Care Of The Baby (2360 Views)

His Wife Earns Four Times His Salary And Someone Must Resign / Woman Gives Birth To Baby Without Arms In Ogun (the Baby Pictured) / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by bechex(m): 7:05pm On Feb 27, 2010
Hi all,

I was talking to a married lady colleague of mine and she sought my advice on a Family issue.

She got married about a year and 4 months ago, and recently had a baby girl. The baby will be 6 months old in March and the mother only recently resumed from her maternity leave. Her husband is complaining about her job and the toll its having on the baby. He has demanded that she resign and be a house wife to take care of the baby and others to come.

There are no family members to assist with taking care of the baby and the Husband does not dig the idea of a day care or nanny.

Any advice for my friend please, cause i dont know what to say to her
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by coolier(f): 7:40pm On Feb 27, 2010
Tell her to heed the words of her husband. So long as he can comfortably look after her and the baby, she has nothing to worry about. When the baby is all grown she can go back to work.
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2010
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 27, 2010
Will the job wait for her until the kids grow older?
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2010
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by Sissy3(f): 2:03am On Feb 28, 2010
take care of your family first. the baby is still too young
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by Outstrip(f): 5:13am On Feb 28, 2010
I think she should stay home if the man can handle everything financially. Are you guys in Nigeria? Taking 1 year off to raise a child is not a bad idea. She should have no problem going back into the work force
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by bechex(m): 1:39am On Mar 02, 2010
Thanks guys for all your comments and advice. I guess there is a consensus on what should be done. I really appreciate all d advice, I will communicate this to her and keep u posted on stuff.
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by Livvvvy(f): 11:37am On Mar 02, 2010
Depends on her type of Job, if her job demands so much from her then she should forget the job but if it demands less, which means she can as well run home early to see her baby, then she should discuss it with her husband so that they can come to a conclusion on how to settle the matter.

As for me, my job demands less. I have time to go home early. I have a nanny who leaves immediately i am back from work, and it has been working fine for me and my baby.
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by bechex(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2010
Hi all
Thanks once again. My colleague has decided to resign. she will be leaving at the end of the month. The husband has promised to set her up with a business but she is yet to come up with one which she would like to go into. Thanks
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by jumie(f): 11:01am On Mar 23, 2010
interesting
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by Busybody2(f): 10:24pm On Mar 23, 2010
Better inform your friend to quickly make up her mind on what business she wants to do before the Husband changes his mind and again DEMANDS that he wants her to be an housewife only, lest you come back to open another thread lamenting how he doesn't give her enough shopping allowance to cover her sanitary towel.
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by disturbia: 10:47pm On Mar 23, 2010
If the husband wants her to take care of the family, he should pay her "salary" every month or open a business for her.
Because guys at the end of the day will be the ones complaining that the amount they spending is too much and that she is not helping out in anyway. I have witnessed this type of situation, where the woman agreed to be a housewife some years later the guy starting complaining about the amount of money he was spending on the home front and that the woman is not assisting in anyway. When she told him that he was the one that wanted her to be a housewife, the husband said so does that mean out of the money I give you, you could not start up a business.

For a woman who is used to having her own money it will be difficult. Whatever she wants to buy, she needs to collect the money from the husband? No
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by spoilt(f): 2:00am On Mar 24, 2010
A good husband will never make his wife do anything. Whatever happened to compromise?
Re: Resign To Take Care Of The Baby by JajaZ: 7:46am On Mar 24, 2010
disturbia:

If the husband wants her to take care of the family, he should pay her "salary" every month or open a business for her.
Because guys at the end of the day will be the ones complaining that the amount they spending is too much and that she is not helping out in anyway. I have witnessed this type of situation, where the woman agreed to be a housewife some years later the guy starting complaining about the amount of money he was spending on the home front and that the woman is not assisting in anyway. When she told him that he was the one that wanted her to be a housewife, the husband said so does that mean out of the money I give you, you could not start up a business.

For a woman who is used to having her own money it will be difficult. Whatever she wants to buy, she needs to collect the money from the husband? No
True talk. Either way, womenfolk often stand to be the losers.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With This Neighbour? Please Advise / My Marriage Was A Mistake, I Regret Marrying Him. / God Punish My Husband – Angry Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.