Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,370 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Yah Ardua Might Still Be In Saudi Arabia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yah Ardua Might Still Be In Saudi Arabia (557 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Hosts Imam In Saudi Arabia While On Pilgrimage Duty..photo / Asari Dokubo On Pilgrimage In Saudi Arabia (Pictures) / Yoruba and Northern Nigerians Beheaded In Saudi Arabia (2008 article)- refresher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yah Ardua Might Still Be In Saudi Arabia by akelliah(m): 8:08pm On Feb 27, 2010
In search of the president
Meanwhile, the whereabouts of the president continue to be a source of concern. Mr. Yar'Adua has not been seen in public since November. As reported by NEXT yesterday, neither the Acting president nor the members of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) have been allowed access to the president since his return home.

Also causing concern is the noticeable absence of the president's personal physician, Salisu Banye. Mr. Banye is believed to be a member of the team that accompanied Mr. Yar'Adua on his medical trip to Jeddah. However, although the president's aides and his family have since returned to the country, Mr. Banye has not been sighted.

"Even his family, who live in Andy Uba's house here in Abuja say that they have not seen him since the president came back," a source close to the doctor's family said to NEXT.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5533025-146/jonathan_moves_to_restructure_presidency_.csp

this yar ardua people are playing with us someone should be used to teach them how not to play with the entire nation.
Re: Yah Ardua Might Still Be In Saudi Arabia by Gtitan: 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2010
To be honest, I believe that the President is well within the country. I believe he returned as stated and is probably still receiving some level of medical care. However, I also believe that his state of health is not as described by the popular Nigerian politicians. I believe the President is still very ill and completely incapable of performing his service as the nations number one citizen. To this end, i see this whole thing more as a guise by the Northern members of the PDP to create a scenario in which they can keep a sick president in office in other to assure their interest.

I think it is time for Nigerians to speak up and say no to political screen play writers and special effects/stage managers for once in their history. Must everything about this country reveal the level of corruption that has persisted for so many years now? I mean, I beg to ask the question, why would it have been so hard in the first place to instill the Vice President as Acting President when the President had been incapable of performing his duties for more that 4 months? And now that it has become obvious that he cannot perform his functions as president efficiently, why is there so much debate about replacing him with the Vice President? This whole phenomena of Nigeria and it corrupt political system just keeps getting worse. Now some people, whoever they are, just decided to go down to Saudi Arabia, and bring the man down to Nigeria as an indication that he is alive and is still the president, this is so, as mentioned earlier, to secure their interest by making sure the Vice President is still in Acting Capacity rather than a full president. What can I say, definitely a Northern agenda, indicating that this nation has not risen beyond ethnicity and foolish ideas that have never resulted in progress.

I am not Nigerian, but I pray that Nigerian speak with one voice on this issue and say NO!!!!! This is country neither belongs to the Southerner or Northerner. It belongs to everyone that qualifies as a Nigerian and hence, the right to lead and to be lead must be determined by all Nigerians. If the president is ill, then he should step down from power and allow the fate of Nigeria be determined by a more capable Nigerian. If he is alive and well and fit to rule, then let him step into the light where Nigerians can see him and believe that they still have a leader who can lead them. For 5 months this country had no leader, in fact, this was a country without a mouth piece in the face of the world, well are they saying that Nigeria does not need a leader because, she has been without leadership for 5 months now, How can the selfish or self centered interest of a few greedy, corrupt individuals be the fate of an entire nation??

INACTIVE CITIZENRY. A phenomenon known to Nigeria and many other African countries. The right to ask questions and demand answers was taken away by the military rulers. But they are gone now, and this is the time to ask questions and get answers. Nigerians should stop sitting on their buts and act like everything as far as their country is concerned is THEIR BUSINESS!!!!!!!!! Keeping a sick man in power is completely foolish and an insult to the people of Nigeria, its taking them for granted and calling them fools. To lead is a privilege and not a right that belongs to a few. Nigerian should get on the radios, organize peaceful protest, drag people to court, make enough noise so the world can hear, IT IS ENOUGH. ENOUGH OF THIS FOOLISHNESS AND MADNESS.

(1) (Reply)

What Kind Of Training Do Political Prisoners Get While In Prison? / Yar'Adua’s Aides Fingere.d in Big Rip-off of NNPC / Govt Rules Out Resource Control

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.