Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

This Is Why I Love The Citizenry Of Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is Why I Love The Citizenry Of Nigeria (498 Views)

Why I Dont Like Calling My Friends & Family In Nigeria - UK Based Lady (pic/vid) / Beautiful Pictures Of Abeokuta, Ogun State That Will Make You Love The City / 5 Reasons Why I Love Lagos City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why I Love The Citizenry Of Nigeria by Chineydum: 8:48pm On Sep 14, 2017
Nigeria is undisputedly the giant of Africa. Blessed with natural resources and favourable weather conditions, Nigeria is a tourist’s haven.

Amidst the numerous endowments and blessings bestowed upon the country living in Nigeria is not as picturesque and rosy as it seems. Citizens still live between 1-2 dollars per day.

The bedevilling insurgency of the Boko Haram menace and the militant groups, a rise in kidnapping and the recession that is taking its toll on the face of majority of the populace.

Nigerians are survivors and will find a means of survival no matter how hard the economy becomes, and they won’t stop there as they will also rise above the circumstance.

Nigerians will never give up and give into mediocrity.

Thus the cliché among the citizens, one that strongly embodies their Nigerian mindset is this ‘‘ Naija go better’’ meaning that Nigeria will get better no matter what the current situation may look like. It embodies hope, strength, and unity among a people that believe in change.

It speaks the mind of a people that believe in a tomorrow of better things, a people that see light after the tunnel, a people with an optimistic mindset. Little wonder why the citizens of this ever green country have risen from the lowest of points to the zenith of success.

Innovation

Nigerians will never settle for less than the best. Their belief in a better condition drives them for more, to seek ways in which the good can become better. They will create situations that foster growth and progress of their desired goal.

And because of this innovative nature, Nigerians are usually bored with the old methods, ideas, leaders and ways of doing new things and achieving tasks. Hence another word that is on the mouth of every Nigerian and the topic of discussion among the citizenry is change.

Positivity

Nigerians have seen bad days, they have been through hardships, inter communal clashes, insurgency, insecurity and unemployment. Yet they still look on to the brighter side.

Engage a Nigerian in a conversation and before long you’ll hear them talk about how the country is blessed, the sense of calm in the atmosphere, the binding cord of love that has been evading the outbreak of war. Nigerians are intentionally positive.

They don’t dispute their woes and challenges but practise gratitude for the blessings they have.

Grit

A Nigerian will be the last one in the pack to call it quits. A Nigerian will not give up under the toughest circumstances. They will fight to the end for what is rightfully theirs.

They think long term progress and growth so they are willing to endure present hardship, unfavourable conditions and bad leadership because they believe that they will get to the land of their dreams.

Their belief popularised by the common saying ‘‘naija go better’’ keeps them going regardless of present challenges. They see beyond the current discomfort into the desired future of bliss, peace, security and national development.

Creativity

You can’t take it away from Nigerians. They harness their ability to bring a dynamic and unique perspective towards things. Nigerians can boast of very talented citizens in sports, education, and arts.

They approach every situation with a dynamic perspective in order to get the best out of it. Whether it be a national problem or a recession, only Nigerians can make a joke out of their current situation for relief of stress.

Passion

Want to feel the passion of Nigerians? Walk into the stadium when the Nigerian team is playing. The energy is high, atmosphere is pumped up and you can literally feel the passion in the air.

This is a peculiar trait to every Nigerian. Nigerians are enthusiastic individuals, goal getters and individuals with extremely high spirits towards any endeavour they undertake.

Successful people are always passion driven towards their work. Their fire and zest remaining ever burning till the end is reached.
Re: This Is Why I Love The Citizenry Of Nigeria by lonlytroy(m): 3:21am On Sep 15, 2017
Are you even in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I Love The Citizenry Of Nigeria by Chineydum: 3:27am On Sep 15, 2017
lonlytroy:
Are you even in Nigeria
Yes I am
Re: This Is Why I Love The Citizenry Of Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 15, 2017
I love this op..... cheesy
Re: This Is Why I Love The Citizenry Of Nigeria by Chineydum: 7:48am On Sep 15, 2017
shervydman:
I love this op..... cheesy
Thanks. I think it's time people begin to see Nigerians in another light

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Guy's Sad Encounter With Airpeace: Tampered Checked In Luggage And More. / Edo Records Highest Number Of Libyan Returnees / Traveling To Malta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.