Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora Akunyili’s Latest Bombshell - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora Akunyili’s Latest Bombshell (936 Views)

Gov. TA Orji - Pioneering Governance With Lies / Saharareporters: Dora Akunyili's Resignation Letter / I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora Akunyili’s Latest Bombshell by AloyEmeka5: 5:21am On Feb 28, 2010

I’m fed up with lies about Yar’Adua – Dora Akunyili’s latest bombshell

Posted To The Web: Saturday, February 27, 2010 - Jide Ajani
Tag: health Dora Akunyili President Umaru Yar’Adua

Dora Akunyili

Information Minister, Professor Dora Akunyili has dropped another bombshell saying she is fed up with the “lies” told by some presidential aides about the health of President Umaru Yar’Adua.
She also says the president’s return on Wednesday has “actually exaggerated uncertainty, confusion, anxiety, fear and concern, not just by Nigerians but by the international community”.

However, four American doctors are due in Nigeria this weekend to attend to the ailing President.

They are expected to collaborate with some Nigerian doctors to reappraise the President’s health status.

Professor Akunyili whose February 5th memo to the Executive Council of the Federation, EXCOF, forced a change in the official position on the President’s health, told Sunday Vanguard and two other newspapers in Abuja, (See Full Interview on cover section ) that the confusion trailing the return of the President from Saudi Arabia could not be blamed on him because “he is peace loving” and the rule of law he preaches” is from his heart”.

“I believe that it is people around him that are gaining from the confusion; people around him that are doing to him today what 100 million political enemies cannot do to him”, she said, adding: “He has done a lot for this country and suddenly, a few people are rubbishing it. They stole him into this country in the night”.

Expressing personal frustration at her inaccessibility to information on the President’s health status, she said: “You manage information if you have information. We did not have information that our President was travelling to Saudi Arabia until we read it in the news, and when he was in Saudi Arabia we hardly got information.

“We never had a comprehensive channel of getting information that we are sure of and most of the information sometimes, they don’t add up and it gets very disturbing. When they don’t add up, you feel very awkward reporting such information.

Although she admitted that her February 5th memo was a turning point in what she called “the politics of Yar’Adua’s illness”, and goaded some people into action at various levels, one of her children in the USA, who read it on the internet called on phone and asked “What is wrong with Mummy? Is she on drugs?”

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=16366&z=31
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora Akunyili’s Latest Bombshell by DrKitaun(m): 6:28am On Feb 28, 2010
Let her resign honorably instead of moaning abt lack of info! Why is she d minister of info n she is in d dark always ?
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora Akunyili’s Latest Bombshell by illusion2: 7:30am On Feb 28, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

Let her resign honorably instead of moaning abt lack of info! Why is she d minister of info n she is in d dark always ?
Very silly comment. Read the entire interview before spewing such nonsense !  angry

When last did you hear of a minister coming out to tell the truth with such boldness? 

This is the reason most well meaning Nigerians prefer to remain docile,once you come out for the truth ,no one will back you up,they'd rather make such silly comments like Kitaun.  sad
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora Akunyili’s Latest Bombshell by jaybee3(m): 7:36am On Feb 28, 2010
Kitaun is def thumbs up cool. Best way to take a bold stance/statement is non other than resigning then give damning statements about current state of affairs.
However, i do agree with Dora's spin that this is certainly not the time to jump the ship as it will only throw the country into further confusions. We need all the stability we can get.
Who sad this democracy thing is ever going to be easy
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora Akunyili’s Latest Bombshell by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 28, 2010
Dora's bold and audacious statements are definitely what we need to through Turai's cabal into further confusion not her resignation.
Re: I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora Akunyili’s Latest Bombshell by babapupa: 8:22am On Feb 28, 2010
four American doctors are due in Nigeria this weekend to attend to the ailing President?

Shey den don clear this with turai?

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria - Barack Obama Us - Plots Military Strategy For Nigeria’s ‘breakup’ / It Is Official - Nigeria Is Off The Country Of Interest Terrorist Watch List / Latest News: Nigeria And China Involve In Huge Oil Deal ($23b)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.