Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,859 members, 7,821,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned (3639 Views)

I Never Condemned Buhari's Government Totally - Obasanjo / Reuben Abati: The Python Does Not Dance / "The Anaconda And The Python": Shehu Sani Replies Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by laudate: 2:36am On Sep 15, 2017
chrismastre5:
this is below your standard, u did not even address the OP's write up but rather chose to breath hatred into ur reasoninig
So what standard are you talking about? And which hatred? Isn't it Kanu that has been breathing and spreading his campaign of hatred everywhere, by threatening fire and brimstone, up and down? All I did was to point it out. sad
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by BLSYNG: 2:37am On Sep 15, 2017
FriendNG:

What of the act of illegality committed by ipob and Kanu against all Nigerians? You're happy with that.

To set the record straight army only came to pass and exercise but not to kill. But what happen, u think it your papa land and Biafra nation. You stone the zoo army
What illegality are you talking about? I thought he has a case in court with FG. He has not been convicted yet even after series of disobedience of court order by FG. The question is why would FG send Army to harass law abiding citizens in Abia State? What happens to charging Nnamdi Kanu to court with another offence if you think he has broken any laws of the land?
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by reality1010: 2:39am On Sep 15, 2017
laudate:

You still don't get it do you? sad It is wrong for Kanu to seek for self-determination, using hate speeches, vitriolic language and venomous rhetoric against other ethnic groups, and the state. undecided Ask Rwanda how the war between the Tutsis and Hutus started. How many times must someone repeat this for you to get it? shocked

Secondly, by throwing stones and missiles at the army, your people unwittingly turned themselves into combatants, and the army has enough backing under the law, to arrest them for such acts! sad

And Kanu started by calling for secession initially, before changing his tune to referendum. sad Referendum does NOT exist in the constitution as of now. The only way it can get there is if your political reps play their part in drafting a bill, to insert that clause into our legal lexicon. And there are steps that need to be taken before a referendum can be obtained. It is done through political means, which your House of Reps members must raise on the floor of the chamber and lobby enough votes to get an assent to it. undecided
You only heard loud and clear his hate speech but u did hear luad and clear his call for referendum.When has hate speeches been noticed in Nigeria?Alot of Nigeria remands Igbos how they were massacred during the civil war and made to starve,is it not hate speech?More killings have happened outside the SE against the Igbos and before the killings someone must v made hate speech.Although i condenm hate speech but they r saying that referendum is what they need is it wrong.You said referendum is not in our constitution so they canno get it.Let me ask u, how was Bakassi ceded to Cameroon?Is Nigeria not supposed to oppose it because referendum or plebiscite was not in the constitution?If the bunch of people u call illiterate know better what referendum is how come educated people frown at it.Nigeria came into existence by Lugard after the British government conquered various ethnic group seperately.And at a time all the groups came together to pusue d agenda of one Nigeria on justice and equity.Who ever feels he s tired shoud be allowed to go.Europe is what it is today because of self determination principle.I firmly believe all the ethnic groups can do better than Europe.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by FriendNG: 2:42am On Sep 15, 2017
BLSYNG:

What illegality are you talking about? I thought he has a case in court with FG. He has not been convicted yet even after series of disobedience of court order by FG. The question is why would FG send Army to harass law abiding citizens in Abia State? What happens to charging Nnamdi Kanu to court with another offence if you think he has broken any laws of the land?

They did not went to harass anybody rather to exercise but you people stone them because it is Biafra not Nigeria.

No army will just attack you just like that. You saw them passing u stone them. is that your road, Nnamdi KANU road or Nigerian road.

KANU ask ipob to burn down Nigeria if the Court order his rearrest

1 Like

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by freeze001(f): 2:43am On Sep 15, 2017
MalcoImX:
What you're asking for is for some to be above the law or the law itself. On what authority are you calling what the state is doing illegal? Kanu has been challenging everybody, even the security forces and all you do is to still abuse the state and hail him. The state has been patient with him, but he cannot be allowed to constitute an alternative government. This guy says he is a British citizen; he should go and challenge the UK government by calling for a referendum and independence of Northern Ireland.

He has already been subjected to civilian authority of arrest, detention, bail and an ongoing trial. It is illegal to move in on a subject or matter that is sub judice or do u not know that? The state has applied for the revocation of his bail so why the urgency and drama around him rather than wait for the appointed court date? The same government accords him too much relevance and importance then turns around to query his enjoyment of same for what?

Have you read the constitution and the provisions for deployment of the army in civilian areas? Have u read Femi Falana's position which itemises the clear illegality of this military operation? Are u not worried that a democracy is under so much militarisation in peace time? Was there any external threat to Nigeria? Was there or is there an insurrection in the East? Have civilian police and security agents been so overwhelmed to warrant the assistance of the Army? Is there even a collaboration between the Army and the Police on this invasive operation in the East? They don't even have similar stories; the Police reports that the Army was testing newly fixed equipment while the Army refutes same and says it's a military operation of show of force which is curiosly carried out on a built-up civilian street rather than on major roads or sparsely populated areas as is the norm.
Have you read the judgment of the court on the Ekiti state election and use of the Army for civilian policing functions?

I call this military action illegal on the authority of the Constitution and existing court judgments. Every other consideration is immaterial.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by BLSYNG: 2:45am On Sep 15, 2017
laudate:

So what standard are you talking about? And which hatred? Isn't it Kanu that has been breathing spreading his campaign of hatred everywhere, by threatening fire and brimstone, up and down? All I did was to point it out. sad
He's in court already with FG. Campaign of hatred or even the so called hate speech is not well defined and by the way our dear President Buhari is the father of hate speeches and campaign. It's still no reason for the brutal illegalities going on. So, brother, for the good of your much needed one-Nigeria, condemn the actions of FG and Army in strong terms entirely.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by laudate: 2:47am On Sep 15, 2017
reality1010:

You only heard loud and clear his hate speech but u did hear luad and clear his call for referendum.When has hate speeches been noticed in Nigeria?Alot of Nigeria remands Igbos how they were massacred during the civil war and made to starve,is it not hate speech?More killings have happened outside the SE against the Igbos and before the killings someone must v made hate speech.Although i condenm hate speech but they r saying that referendum is what they need is it wrong.You said referendum is not in our constitution so they canno get it.Let me ask u, how was Bakassi ceded to Cameroon?Is Nigeria not supposed to oppose it because referendum or plebiscite was not in the constitution?If the bunch of people u call illiterate know better what referendum is how come educated people frown at it.Nigeria came into existence by Lugard after the British government conquered various ethnic group seperately.And at a time all the groups came together to pusue d agenda of one Nigeria on justice and equity.Who ever feels he s tired shoud be allowed to go.Europe is what it is today because of self determination principle.I firmly believe all the ethnic groups can do better than Europe.

Guy, you can keep writing long epistles up and down...but trust me, it would not get you your referendum. sad You can shout from now till next year, and do more sit-at-home protests, your referendum will definitely NOT come that way. Your political reps from your region, have to take the bull by the horn and insert it into the constitution. Once it becomes part of the law, then you can have your referendum.

Hate speeches are regarded in Nigeria. shocked Don't be fooled. If they were not, you would not have so much tension between different ethnic groups today. Kindly recall that it was Zik who opposed the inclusion of a secession clause in the constitution, in the '60s. If he had not done so, maybe there would have been no need for this conversation, today. sad You would have been able to activate the clause and get your republic.

You keep citing examples from Europe without putting them in proper context. So I will not engage you in a debate, because you have refused to see the truth. End of story. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by laudate: 2:52am On Sep 15, 2017
BLSYNG:

He's in court already with FG. Campaign of hatred or even the so called hate speech is not well defined and by the way our dear President Buhari is the father of hate speeches and campaign. It's still no reason for the brutal illegalities going on. So, brother, for the good of your much needed one-Nigeria, condemn the actions of FG and Army in strong terms entirely.

Come and force me to condemn it, nah! undecided I dey my house. You think you can get everything by belligerence, ba? shocked Continue playing the ostrich by claiming you do not know what hate speech is, or what it sounds like. At least, we can all recall what Kanu said and when. The internet never forgets. This excerpt below, is an example:

bilms:
Beautiful words of the most peaceful IPOB
The below statements were extracted from the various videos of the most peaceful agitator, Nnamdi Kanu.

"Nigeria should prepare for war, we are coming to annihilate you, my secret service are already studying the zoo and strategising."

"If you find anybody in your village asking after Radio Biafra, kill the baboon Awusa Fulani or Yoruba bastard. Let them keep searching as we keep tweeting for #Biafra."

"Buhari is a Terrorist he should be killed."

"By the time we finish dealing with the animals in the zoo, there'll be none left to tell the story.

"We are assembling weapons and we need some more money to thoroughly equip our military to enable us unleash mayhem on Nigeria."

"Nigeria is a zoo and everybody living in that Godforsaken zoo deserves to die."

"Kumuyi should be stoned and dealt with thoroughly if he comes to Aba for his planned crusade."

"The imbecilic Goodluck Jonathan is a disgrace to humanity and deserves to be skinned alive for handing over to an Hausa goat."

"Niger Deltans are cowards; we know what to do to them. Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Rivers, Edo and Cross Rivers State are our territory and anybody who tries to oppose us will be crushed."

"No Ibo man should attend any Church where the pastor is a Yoruba man, they are criminals and fools."

"Its either Biafra or death..."

2 Likes

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by MalcoImX: 2:55am On Sep 15, 2017
BLSYNG:

Even at the height of BH, the army cannot separate those who are out to cause trouble. In all cases, they go on a mission based on intelligence, and if you come to a block they mounted, a simple act of raising your hand or dismounting on a bicycle or motorcycle will see you home safely. But when you confront the army, pelt them with stones or say they won't pass a certain route - then you're lucky if you're not levelled.
It is the most daring of challenge to say they won't pass a certain area or they shouldn't be in your states, as if your states are not part of the country.
Sometimes, I just feel that you guys are not aware of what you're up to. These operations are not restricted to your areas. They are everywhere that the state perceived as fragile. In Borno, for e.g., where they face the threat of BH, they named it "Operation Lafiya Dole." When translated it means something like – 'Peace Must Be Restored At All Cost.'

1 Like

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by laudate: 3:23am On Sep 15, 2017
MalcoImX:
Even at the height of BH, the army cannot separate those who are out to cause trouble. In all cases, they go on a mission based on intelligence, and if you come to a block they mounted, a simple act of raising your hand or dismounting on a bicycle or motorcycle will see you home safely. But when you confront the army, pelt them with stones or say they won't pass a certain route - then you're lucky if you're not levelled.
It is the most daring of challenge to say they won't pass a certain area or they shouldn't be in your states, as if your states are not part of the country.
Sometimes, I just feel that you guys are not aware of what you're up to. These operations are not restricted to your areas. They are everywhere that the state perceived as fragile. In Borno, for e.g., where they face the threat of BH, they named it "Operation Lafiya Dole." When translated it means something like 'Peace must restored at all cost.

You dey mind dem? sad Ask the people of Baga in Borno state what happened. The army levelled their town in a rather barbaric, unfortunate manner. cry In Lagos, the army launched Operation Awase in Ikorodu and Arepo, to flush out militants in the Lagos creeks who were breaking pipelines. The people of Lagos did not throw stones at them, or engage them in a missile throwing exercise. This was in 2015. undecided

By throwing stones, missiles, bottles and various objects at the army, the IPOB civilians unwittingly turned themselves into combatants. Such actions cause civilians to lose the protection they enjoy, in the course of any conflict. sad

Rule 6 of the 1949 Geneva Convention makes it clear that "Civilians are protected against attack, unless and for such time as they take a direct part in hostilities." The rule whereby civilians lose their protection against attack, when and for such a time as they take a direct part in hostilities, is also contained in Article 51(3) of Additional Protocol I, of the 1949 Geneva Convention on Protection of Civilian Persons in Armed Conflict. It is also reiterated in Article 13(3) of Additional Protocol II, which states that civilians are immune from direct attack “unless and for such time as they take a direct part in hostilities.” https://ihl-databases.icrc.org/customary-ihl/eng/docs/v1_rul_rule6

I guess that is why some people have kept their own counsel with regard to this matter. undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by reality1010: 3:28am On Sep 15, 2017
laudate:

Guy, you can keep writing long epistles up and down...but trust me, it would not get you your referendum. sad You can shout from now till next year, and do more sit-at-home protests, your referendum will definitely NOT come that way. Your political reps from your region, have to take the bull by the horn and insert it into the constitution. Once it becomes part of the law, then you can have your referendum.

Hate speeches are regarded in Nigeria. shocked Don't be fooled. If they were not, you would not have so much tension between different ethnic groups today. Kindly recall that it was Zik who opposed the inclusion of a secession clause in the constitution, in the '60s. If he had not done so, maybe there would have been no need for this conversation, today. sad You would have been able to activate the clause and get your republic.

You keep citing examples from Europe without putting them in proper context. So I will not engage you in a debate, because you have refused to see the truth. End of story. undecided
There is something about u which i v noticed.You failed to learn from reality.No one expects Nigeria to give referendum, it comes from UN whether it is in the constitution or not.Pls learn this properly. To what i noticed about u,u jump from one opinoin to another having not settle ur marginal knowledge on the current issue.Late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe in one of the conferences before independence kicked against the inclusion of seccession clause.Ahmadu Bello and Awo spoke in support of the inclusion but when it was Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe's turn he spoke against it to the consternation of the British officials. They knew him as the champoin of Nigeria's independence struggle with his Zikist movement and hard stance against the British because of his American education but he suprised them. At the end he was ask why he opposed seccession clause he said he knew the British would never allow it and that they were expecting him to accept it but he surprised everyone by doing what they like. He said Ahmadu Bello and Awo would v turned to oppose the inclusion later because the British r more comfortable with the two people and advise them alot.I guess this little history will help u.Get better books and read not the ones written by tribalist.You can google Zik's speeches on youtube to listen to some of his life interviews and speech which i believe is better because u will do better thinking than when someone tells u lies.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by laudate: 3:37am On Sep 15, 2017
reality1010:
There is something about u which i v noticed.You failed to learn from reality.No one expects Nigeria to give referendum, it comes from UN whether it is in the constitution or not.Pls learn this properly. To what i noticed about u,u jump from one opinoin to another having not settle ur marginal knowledge on the current issue.Late Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe in one of the conferences before independence kicked against the inclusion of seccession clause.Ahmadu Bello and Awo spoke in support of the inclusion but when it was Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe's turn he spoke against it to the consternation of the British officials. They knew him as the champoin of Nigeria's independence struggle with his Zikist movement and hard stance against the British because of his American education but he suprised them. At the end he was ask why he opposed seccession clause he said he knew the British would never allow it and that they were expecting him to accept it but he surprised everyone by doing what they like. He said Ahmadu Bello and Awo would v turned to oppose the inclusion later because the British r more comfortable with the two people and advise them alot.I guess this little history will help u.Get better books and read not the ones written by tribalist.You can google Zik's speeches on youtube to listen to some of his life interviews and speech which i believe is better because u will do better thinking than when someone tells u lies.
You are the one that fails to learn from reality. sad So because the British would not support it, Zik decided to oppose the secession clause? Sorry, that excuse cannot hold water, as the British would have left Nigeria after independence, and as such would not have a say with regards to the Nigerian constitution, any more. Oga, go back and read the account of what transpired during that event very well. undecided

And referendum does NOT come from the UN, if your country does not already have a referendum clause inside its constitution. sad The UN merely supervises the conduct of a referendum. Please Oga, talk to those who actually know about the process! shocked

2 Likes

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by reality1010: 4:05am On Sep 15, 2017
laudate:

You are the one that fails to learn from reality. sad So because the British would not support it, Zik decided to oppose the secession clause? Sorry, that excuse cannot hold water, as the British would have left Nigeria after independence, and as such would not have a say with regards to the Nigerian constitution, any more. Oga, go back and read the account of what transpired during that event very well. undecided

And referendum does NOT come from the UN, if your country does not already have a referendum clause inside its constitution. sad The UN merely supervises the conduct of a referendum. Please Oga, talk to those who actually know about the process! shocked
I kindly advise u to read and watch real life speeches and interviews of Zik i didnt say u should rely only on what tribalist v written. I mean it will help u. Secondly u think referendum was included in Sudanese constitution and Ethopia constitution?What about the ceding of Southern cameroon immediately after independence and Bakassi under OBJ.No country wants break up but with more civil disobedience pressure will come on the country to do the needful.Was military rule in Nigerian constitution?While military was in power, was it the constitution that made Nigeria to revert to democracy?I beg go sleep so that u go wake up go read watin i de tell u.Im not supposed to be dishing out this knowldge bc u r not paying me.When next u post on me i will charge u to educate u.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by laudate: 4:12am On Sep 15, 2017
reality1010:

I kindly advise u to read and watch real life speeches and interviews of Zik i didnt say u should rely only on what tribalist v written. I mean it will help u. Secondly u think referendum was included in Sudanese constitution and Ethopia constitution?What about the ceding of Southern cameroon immediately after independence and Bakassi under OBJ.No country wants break up but with more civil disobedience pressure will come on the country to do the needful.Was military rule in Nigerian constitution?While military was in power, was it the constitution that made Nigeria to revert to democracy?I beg go sleep so that u go wake up go read watin i de tell u.Im not supposed to be dishing out this knowldge bc u r not paying me.When next u post on me i will charge u to educate u.

Go back & read the judgement of the International Court of Justice ICJ concerning Bakassi. It was a court order that gave Bakassi to Cameroun, and NOT a referendum!! shocked Your problem is that you and your people do not want to follow the proper process of getting the referendum clause inserted into the constitution. You even went as far as to draw that ridiculous analogy with military rule. Military rule came by way of a coup d'etat. Is that the route you want to follow? So why are you citing it as an example??

On October 10, 2002, the International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruled on the protracted boundary dispute between Nigeria and Cameroun. The Court examines point by point 17 sectors of the land boundary and specifies for each one how the above-mentioned instruments are to be interpreted (paras. 91, 96, 102, 114, 119, 124, 129, 134, 139, 146, 152, 155, 160, 168, 179, 184 and 189 of the Judgment).

In Bakassi, the Court decides that the boundary is delimited by the Anglo-German Agreement of 11 March 1913 (Arts. XVIII-XX) and that sovereignty over the Bakassi Peninsula lies with Cameroon. It decides that in this area the boundary follows the thalweg of the River Akpakorum (Akwayafe), dividing the Mangrove Islands near Ikang in the way shown on map TSGS 2240, as far as a straight line joining Bakassi Point and King Point.

As regards the maritime boundary, the Court, having established that it has jurisdiction to address this aspect of the case -- which Nigeria had disputed -- , fixes the course of the boundary between the two States’ maritime areas.

In its Judgment the Court requests Nigeria expeditiously and without condition to withdraw its administration and military or police forces from the area of Lake Chad falling within Cameroonian sovereignty and from the Bakassi Peninsula. It also requests Cameroon expeditiously and without condition to withdraw any administration or military or police forces which may be present along the land boundary from Lake Chad to the Bakassi Peninsula on territories which pursuant to the Judgment fall within the sovereignty of Nigeria. The latter has the same obligation in regard to territories in that area which fall within the sovereignty of Cameroon.

The Court takes note of Cameroon’s undertaking, given at the hearings, to "continue to afford protection to Nigerians living in the [Bakassi] peninsula and in the Lake Chad area". http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2002/dec/273.html; www.icj-cji.org

Oga, the United Nations can never insert any clause into your constitution, which was NOT originally there. shocked What they can do is to advise your govt to insert the clause, or work with your lawmakers to pass a bill, which would then form part of your law. Please go and educate yourself!! sad

The case of South Sudan was different. undecided South Sudan had many problems. It's been at war since 1959. They fought a war to separate from the North of Sudan, and after years of battle, a ceasefire was brokered, and then as part of the ceasefire agreement, a referendum was accepted by both parties , and the UN was called in to supervise it.

In fact the 2005 Interim National Constitution of the Republic of Sudan contained clauses on referendum. sad There was a clause on the Southern Sudan Referendum Act provided in Article 220 of that Constitution! shocked Please, I cannot continue spoon-feeding you with info. All the facts are in public domain. Pls read it up, before you come back in here, to recycle your fallacy. undecided
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by Episteme2(m): 7:00am On Sep 15, 2017
reality1010:

Honestly i wonder why some people r senseless and little in thinking like the small rocks in plateau state.Biafra is beyond NNamdi Kanu.Why he was in prison the agitation was there and more in foreign countries.The agitation is deep inside the people.What is the Army going to achieve by killing innocent people whereas what they believe is in their minds.Families from Father, mother to children believe in Biafra.Old men and women dance when they hear about it in the East.Many r ready to forego their investment for Biafra to come.Many outside r ready to give their best for it to come.They r saying that they need referendum not war but the military is taking war to them and some of u r supporting them.You can kill the man but not the struggle.Ask South Africans about the struggle against aparthied.This Biafran struggle will create more nationalism among the Igbos and give them courage to persevere against any odd.In better society the government provides opportunity for referendum.The govt works towards it to convince people against voting for secession and at the end the aim of those calling for it will be defeated.Government should summon courage and do the right things and stop kiling innocent civilians.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by BLSYNG: 7:16am On Sep 15, 2017
MalcoImX:
Sometimes, I just feel that you guys are not aware of what you're up to. These operations are not restricted to your areas. They are everywhere that the state perceived as fragile. In Borno, for e.g., where they face the threat of BH, they named it "Operation Lafiya Dole." When translated it means something like – 'Peace Must Be Restored At All Cost.'
Can you prove clearly that there was any breakdown of public order or security or any insurrection that would warrant sending Army to a civilian environment? No South Eastern state can be proven to be ruffled. It's just a needless and premeditated provocation to force a peaceful group to arm carrying.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by MalcoImX: 7:40am On Sep 15, 2017
laudate:

You dey mind dem? sad Ask the people of Baga in Borno state what happened. The army levelled their town in a rather barbaric, unfortunate manner. cry In Lagos, the army launched Operation Awase in Ikorodu and Arepo, to flush out militants in the Lagos creeks who were breaking pipelines. The people of Lagos did not throw stones at them, or engage them in a missile throwing exercise. This was in 2015. undecided

By throwing stones, missiles, bottles and various objects at the army, the IPOB civilians unwittingly turned themselves into combatants. Such actions cause civilians to lose the protection they enjoy, in the course of any conflict. sad

I guess that is why some people have kept their own counsel with regard to this matter. undecided

I don't know what these people want. The army are in Nigeria's territory and cannot be withdrawn. If you confront the army and go as far as throwing stones at them, they'll definitely respond.

1 Like

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by MalcoImX: 7:56am On Sep 15, 2017
BLSYNG:

Can you prove clearly that there was any breakdown of public order or security or any insurrection that would warrant sending Army to a civilian environment? No South Eastern state can be proven to be ruffled. It's just a needless and premeditated provocation to force a peaceful group to arm carrying.
The government can assess situations and take appropriate measures. You cannot be allowed to constitute yourselves into 'independent territories' within a sovereign nation. It is Nnamdi Kanu that was provoking the government to take appropriate measures to protect its sovereignty, just as it was the leadership of BH that provoked the Nigerian government to send troops into towns in Borno and many NE states. What you were doing - confronting the security forces, disobeying laws, burning police stations, etc. is an exact replica of what BH did before the full onslaught of military.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by reality1010: 9:24am On Sep 15, 2017
laudate:

Go back & read the judgement of the International Court of Justice ICJ concerning Bakassi. It was a court order that gave Bakassi to Cameroun, and NOT a referendum!! shocked Your problem is that you and your people do not want to follow the proper process of getting the referendum clause inserted into the constitution. You even went as far as to draw that ridiculous analogy with military rule. Military rule came by way of a coup d'etat. Is that the route you want to follow? So why are you citing it as an example??

Oga, the United Nations can never insert any clause into your constitution, which was NOT originally there. shocked What they can do is to advise your govt to insert the clause, or work with your lawmakers to pass a bill, which would then form part of your law. Please go and educate yourself!! sad

The case of South Sudan was different. undecided South Sudan had many problems. It's been at war since 1959. They fought a war to separate from the North of Sudan, and after years of battle, a ceasefire was brokered, and then as part of the ceasefire agreement, a referendum was accepted by both parties , and the UN was called in to supervise it.

In fact the 2005 Interim National Constitution of the Republic of Sudan contained clauses on referendum. sad There was a clause on the Southern Sudan Referendum Act provided in Article 220 of that Constitution! shocked Please, I cannot continue spoon-feeding you with info. All the facts are in public domain. Pls read it up, before you come back in here, to recycle your fallacy. undecided
I v come again to put u through.Some of u Nairaland ppl learn to destroy urselves.U r quick to copy and paste links from internet thinking everyone is daft to eat up those thrash that r not peer reveiwed.Ur problem is that u can do better logical analysis and put ur arguement in the context of ur discussion. U sent UU ICJ ruling on Bakassi as binding to why Nigeria must cede Bakassi without refering to the issue of referendum and plebscite in the constitution.Do u know that countries reject ICJ ruling when it is not in conformity with their political system?Even ICJ knows that one of its major shortcomings is that its rulings must be considered in a political context.Check US vs Nicargua and others.Alot of us have questioned the rationale behind Nigeria ceding bakassi without a referendum or plebscite.As i educate u experts wei is not happy with it.
Another bluff from u is on the Sudanese case.You said they fought war for yrs and then brokered agreement with a referendum and the UN came in to conduct it.Pls is it how it happened?So u expect Biafrans to fight war for so many years and then Nigeria and Biafra will broker peace for referendum?As at the 2005 u mention how come there was no referendum in the Sudanese constitution all the years they v been fighting.Why would Sudanese govt accept it and include it?What really made d Sudanes govt to v a rethink for such inclusion?So u can decieve ppl on Nairaland that Sudan and South Sudan agreed on their own for cease fire and inclusion of referendum?What about the roles of international communities and the UN in forcing them to peace and the threat on Bashir president of Sudan?Pls when u read u do proper analysis and not swallowing every word.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by Episteme2(m): 9:24am On Sep 15, 2017
MalcoImX:
The government can assess situations and take appropriate measures. You cannot be allowed to constitute yourselves into 'independent territories' within a sovereign nation. It is Nnamdi Kanu that was provoking the government to take appropriate measures to protect its sovereignty, just as it was the leadership of BH that provoked the Nigerian government to send troops into towns in Borno and many NE states. What you were doing - confronting the security forces, disobeying laws, burning police stations, etc. is an exact replica of what BH did before the full onslaught of military.
The laws and the constitution of the land are made for both the citizenry and the government, none has the prerogatives to break them. If you have a case against Nnamdi Kanu or feel he has breached the law, you can only drag him to court and prove your case so that he can be convicted for whatever crime you're charging him for. Second, it's an act of terrorism on its own for FG to send Army to a peaceful civilian environment without any unmistakable proof of breakdown of public order and security or insurrection. In a nutshell, the Nigerian Army has no business in a peaceful civilian environment more especially when the Nigerian Police is there.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by Ngozi123(f): 9:29am On Sep 15, 2017
reality1010:

Honestly i wonder why some people r senseless and little in thinking like the small rocks in plateau state. Biafra is beyond NNamdi Kanu. Why he was in prison the agitation was there and more in foreign countries. The agitation is deep inside the people. What is the Army going to achieve by killing innocent people whereas what they believe is in their minds. Families from Father, mother to children believe in Biafra.Old men and women dance when they hear about it in the East.Many r ready to forego their investment for Biafra to come.Many outside r ready to give their best for it to come.They r saying that they need referendum not war but the military is taking war to them and some of u r supporting them.You can kill the man but not the struggle.Ask South Africans about the struggle against aparthied.This Biafran struggle will create more nationalism among the Igbos and give them courage to persevere against any odd.In better society the government provides opportunity for referendum.The govt works towards it to convince people against voting for secession and at the end the aim of those calling for it will be defeated.Government should summon courage and do the right things and stop kiling innocent civilians.

Exactly. Do they think that the children witnessing these abominable acts committed by the Nigerian Army in the South-East will grow up to love Nigeria? Our parents and grandparents were bullied into Nigeria and had to make the best out of the terrible situation they were put in. However, one can only be subjugated for a fixed time and this new generation of Igbos refuse to live in a country that has sought to hinder and even sabotage their progress as a people. One can only imagine how (Igbo) nationalist our Igbo children will be once they reach maturity. I know that my children will definitely be so smiley.

No more Nigeria, no more anti-Igbo paranoia.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by MalcoImX: 9:35am On Sep 15, 2017
Episteme2:

The laws and the constitution of the land are made for both the citizenry and the government, none has the prerogatives to break them. If you have a case against Nnamdi Kanu or feel he has breached the law, you can only drag him to court and prove your case so that he can be convicted for whatever crime you're charging him for. Second, it's an act of terrorism on its own for FG to send Army to a peaceful civilian environment without any unmistakable proof of breakdown of public order and security or insurrection. In a nutshell, the Nigerian Army has no business in a peaceful civilian environment more especially when the Nigerian Police is there.
We all love you. We don't have much to say but to make some observations. If with all Nnamdi has said and done you haven't seen anything wrong, I wonder if it's after he caused ethnic cleansing and war that you'd see the implications of his acts. Believe me, all Kanu's rhetorics were exactly the types employed pre-Rwandan genocide. This guy must recant for all to have peace. Don't allow him test the resolve of the state - and worse for the Igbo, he has alienated, with your supports, all who could have influenced him and events.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by reality1010: 9:39am On Sep 15, 2017
laudate:

I v come again to put u through.Some of u Nairaland ppl learn to destroy urselves.U r quick to copy and paste links from internet thinking everyone is daft to eat up those thrash that r not peer reveiwed.Ur problem is that u can not do better logical analysis and put ur arguement in the context of ur discussion. U said UN ICJ ruling on Bakassi is a binding case to why Nigeria must cede Bakassi without refering to the issue of referendum and plebiscite which is not in the constitution.Do u know that countries reject ICJ ruling when it is not in conformity with their political system?Even ICJ knows that one of its major shortcomings is that its rulings must be considered in a political context.Check US vs Nicargua and others.Alot of us have questioned the rationale behind Nigeria ceding of bakassi without a referendum or plebiscite which is very very bad.As i educate u experts wie on international studies is not happy with it.
Another case from u is on the Sudanese.You said they fought war for yrs and then brokered agreement with a referendum and the UN came in to conduct it.Pls is it how it happened?So u expect Biafrans to fight war for so many years and then Nigeria and Biafra will broker peace for referendum?As at the 2005 u mentioned, how come there was no referendum in the Sudanese constitution all the years they v been fighting from 1959?Why did it take 46years to insert it just few months to independence?What is it that persuaded Sudanese govt to do so even at a short time?Let me check u up,tell me,is it d decision of the President, or the country as a whole or pressure from outside that was instrumental to the cease fire and referendum in the Sudan/South Sudan case?Why would Sudanese govt accept it and include it?What really made d Sudanes govt to v a rethink for such inclusion?How come it was quickly arranged into South Sudan's law after they were not even a country? Sorry im taking u into international logic.So u can decieve ppl on Nairaland that Sudan and South Sudan agreed on their own for cease fire and inclusion of referendum?What about the roles of international communities and the UN in forcing them to peace and the threat on Bashir president of Sudan?Pls when u read u do proper analysis and not swallowing every word.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by Goke7: 9:40am On Sep 15, 2017
Episteme2:

the Nigerian Police that had its station burnt? the burnt police station lay credence to the reason why the army had to be called in. The boko harm terrorists also burn down police stations. Truth must be told, you guys should stop justifying intentional break down of the law.

Morality is different from the law.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by laudate: 9:45am On Sep 15, 2017
reality1010:

I v come again to put u through.Some of u Nairaland ppl learn to destroy urselves.U r quick to copy and paste links from internet thinking everyone is daft to eat up those thrash that r not peer reveiwed.Ur problem is that u can do better logical analysis and put ur arguement in the context of ur discussion. U sent UU ICJ ruling on Bakassi as binding to why Nigeria must cede Bakassi without refering to the issue of referendum and plebscite in the constitution.Do u know that countries reject ICJ ruling when it is not in conformity with their political system?Even ICJ knows that one of its major shortcomings is that its rulings must be considered in a political context.Check US vs Nicargua and others.Alot of us have questioned the rationale behind Nigeria ceding bakassi without a referendum or plebscite.As i educate u experts wei is not happy with it.
Another bluff from u is on the Sudanese case.You said they fought war for yrs and then brokered agreement with a referendum and the UN came in to conduct it.Pls is it how it happened?So u expect Biafrans to fight war for so many years and then Nigeria and Biafra will broker peace for referendum?As at the 2005 u mention how come there was no referendum in the Sudanese constitution all the years they v been fighting.Why would Sudanese govt accept it and include it?What really made d Sudanes govt to v a rethink for such inclusion?So u can decieve ppl on Nairaland that Sudan and South Sudan agreed on their own for cease fire and inclusion of referendum?What about the roles of international communities and the UN in forcing them to peace and the threat on Bashir president of Sudan?Pls when u read u do proper analysis and not swallowing every word.

Is it a lie that Sudan fought a war for many years?? shocked How come you didn't even know that fact? You keep repeating the same questions over and over like a toddler. sad You and your people know how to argue rather blindly. You want to sit back, fold your arms and let govt insert referendum clause into the constitution, without you lifting a finger to follow due process to get it done. Why should the govt do so? Are they the ones who want a new republic? Isn't it your people? Every responsible govt is committed to defending the territorial integrity of its nation. undecided

I keep telling you, that there are political processes to follow to get a referendum. undecided Go and study how South Sudan got its own referendum. Study how other nations got their own, before you come back in here to start recycling half-truths and conjecture, that do not hold any water. You obviously did not even know that Sudan fought a war for several years, before brokering a ceasefire which now led to the drafting of a new constitution, which contains clauses on referendum. That was why you were asking me earlier if referendum was in their constitution! sad

UN cannot force any country to accept any clause. Neither can they impose any referendum on any country, without its cooperation. They respect the sovereignty of nations. They can only broker peace and ceasefires in volatile situations, by making warring parties come to the negotiation table. Pls educate yourself on the limits of the powers of the UN! undecided

You also asked: "You said they fought war for yrs and then brokered agreement with a referendum and the UN came in to conduct it.Pls is it how it happened?...... As at the 2005 u mention how come there was no referendum in the Sudanese constitution all the years they v been fighting.Why would Sudanese govt accept it and include it?What really made d Sudanes govt to v a rethink for such inclusion?" Oga, Google is your friend. Do proper research before you come back in here to make a fool of yourself, with further questions like this! shocked

Nobody is asking you Biafrans to start a war or follow the path of South Sudan. sad I am merely showing you the series of events that took place, which led to them getting a referendum. Same thing with the issue of Bakassi. Cameroun took Nigeria to ICJ court in the '90s to be able to get Bakassi. Nigeria initially rejected the ICJ ruling, but later accepted it, after they saw it was pointless to contest the ruling. If Cameroun had NOT taken Nigeria to the ICJ, they would never have gotten Bakassi. Study the sequence of events that led to the breakaway of each territory, before coming back to ask questions like a schoolkid. Stop arguing blindly! shocked

Oga, you are not paying me for a tutorial. sad Educate yourself and stop spewing illogical statements. This is the last time I will give you any info. I do not like lazy students like you, who refuse to do their homework! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by reality1010: 9:49am On Sep 15, 2017
MalcoImX:
We all love you. We don't have much to say but to make some observations. If with all Nnamdi has said and done you haven't seen anything wrong, I wonder if it's after he caused ethnic cleansing and war that you'd see the implications of his acts. Believe me, all Kanu's rhetorics were exactly the types employed pre-Rwandan genocide. This guy must recant for all to have peace. Don't allow him test the resolve of the state - and worse for the Igbo, he has alienated, with your supports, all who could have influenced him and events.
And what do u say of President Buhari's statements that had reactions than Nnamdi Kanu's statements?What do u say of statements from Ango Abdullahi and Tanko yakasia?What about the one from Oba of Lagos?What about the one from Obasanjo?What about the ones u people say of ur bravery and joy in killing millions of Igbos in the Civil War?Dont u think those statement are scurrilous and slanderous?Tell me who is more educated between these two,Nnamdi Kanu made hate speeches but none of his supporters have acted on any nor have they carried arms not even attacking someone and President Buhari's speeches that u acted on and killed thousands of ppl even corp members?Dont u reason that Ipobians r more reasonable and rational than u that is quick to dagger someone?You can kill them but you can't kill the spirit behind Biafra!
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by omenka(m): 9:54am On Sep 15, 2017
laudate:

Biko, who is this one, nah?? shocked Why are you people writing long epistles up and down? When Kanu was busy insulting, vilifying and condemning whole ethnic groups, and urging his IPOB supporters to kill any awusa, yorroba etc., they could find, where were you lot? shocked

When Kanu was busy demonizing entire tribes, and pouring venom on them left, right and centre, while threatening to burn down the country in which they lived, in a way that would make Somalia look like child's play, where were you? shocked Did you ask him to stop? Did you caution him on his utterances? Did you dissociate yourselves from him? undecided

Many of you hailed him as your Messiah and applauded his hate speeches. sad When he was recruiting his own secret service personnel and hoisting his own flag on Nigerian territory, did you tell him his actions smacked of treason? shocked No, a lot of you secretly urged him on, seeing him as some kind of Scarlet Pimpernel. sad

Now, the chickens have come home to roost, because Kanu's actions have bred an equal and decisive reaction from the Nigerian Army, you are asking the same people he derided and visited with scorn, venom, hate and bile, to rise up and condemn the army on Kanu's behalf. Biko, let everybody carry his own cross. Including Nnamdi Kanu! sad

Those who cautioned him, especially from his ethnic group were not just ridiculed, but humiliated in the most grotesque way possible, both online and offline. Their identity was questioned, their reputation besmirched and their ancestry ridiculed, without a second thought, by Kanu's acolytes using gutter language. They forgot one valid fact: the freedom to swing your arms, ends where the next man's nose begins. sad

On a final note, that last quote from Henry David Thoreau which says: “Whatever the human law may be, neither an individual nor a nation can commit the least act of injustice against the obscurest individual, without having to pay the penalty for it”, applies vividly to Nnamdi Kanu. He should pay the penalty for his actions and his campaign of hate. Like my friend Graphiti would say: "Make everybody hol' im mama brezz!" undecided He who sows the wind, shall end up reaping the whirlwind. All the long epistles in the world, would not change that. Now, lemme go and sleep! undecided
God bless you richly bow and for the rest of your life, amen.

2 Likes

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by reality1010: 10:02am On Sep 15, 2017
laudate:

Is it a lie that Sudan fought a war for many years?? shocked How come you didn't even know that fact? You keep repeating the same questions over and over like a toddler. sad You and your people know how to argue rather blindly. You want to sit back, fold your arms and let govt insert referendum clause into the constitution, without you lifting a finger to follow due process to get it done. Why should the govt do so? Are they the ones who want a new republic? Isn't it your people? Every responsible govt is committed to defending the territorial integrity of its nation. undecided

I keep telling you, that there are political processes to follow to get a referendum. undecided Go and study how South Sudan got its own referendum. Study how other nations got their own, before you come back in here to start recycling half-truths and conjecture, that do not hold any water. You obviously did not even know that Sudan fought a war for several years, before brokering a ceasefire which now led to the drafting of a new constitution, which contains clauses on referendum. That was why you were asking me earlier if referendum was in their constitution! sad

You also asked: "You said they fought war for yrs and then brokered agreement with a referendum and the UN came in to conduct it.Pls is it how it happened?...... As at the 2005 u mention how come there was no referendum in the Sudanese constitution all the years they v been fighting.Why would Sudanese govt accept it and include it?What really made d Sudanes govt to v a rethink for such inclusion?" Oga, Google is your friend. Do proper research before you come back in here to make a fool of yourself, with further questions like this! shocked

Nobody is asking you Biafrans to start a war or follow the path of South Sudan. sad I am merely showing you the series of events that took place, which led to them getting a referendum. Same thing with the issue of Bakassi. Cameroun took Nigeria to ICJ court in the '90s to be able to get Bakassi. nigeria initially rejected the ICJ ruling, but later accepted it, after they saw it was pointless to contest the ruling. If Cameroun had NOT taken nigeria to the ICJ, they would never have gotten Bakassi. Study the sequence of events that led to the breakaway of each territory, before coming back to ask questions like a schoolkid. Stop arguing blindly! shocked

Oga, you are not paying me for a tutorial. sad Educate yourself and stop spewing illogical statements. This is the last time I will give you any info. I do not like lazy students like you, who refuse to do their homework! angry

I v come again to put u through.Some of u Nairaland ppl learn to destroy urselves.U r quick to copy and paste links from internet thinking everyone is daft to eat up those thrash that r not peer reveiwed.Ur problem is that u can not do better logical analysis and put ur arguement in the context of ur discussion. U said UN ICJ ruling on Bakassi is a binding case to why Nigeria must cede Bakassi without refering to the issue of referendum and plebiscite which is not in the constitution.Do u know that countries reject ICJ ruling when it is not in conformity with their political system?Even ICJ knows that one of its major shortcomings is that its rulings must be considered in a political context.Check US vs Nicargua and others.Alot of us have questioned the rationale behind Nigeria ceding of bakassi without a referendum or plebiscite which is very very bad.As i educate u experts wie on international studies is not happy with it.
Another case from u is on the Sudanese.You said they fought war for yrs and then brokered agreement with a referendum and the UN came in to conduct it.Pls is it how it happened?So u expect Biafrans to fight war for so many years and then Nigeria and Biafra will broker peace for referendum?As at the 2005 u mentioned, how come there was no referendum in the Sudanese constitution all the years they v been fighting from 1959?Why did it take 46years to insert it just few months to independence?What is it that persuaded Sudanese govt to do so even at a short time?Let me check u up,tell me,is it d decision of the President, or the country as a whole or pressure from outside that was instrumental to the cease fire and referendum in the Sudan/South Sudan case?Why would Sudanese govt accept it and include it?What really made d Sudanes govt to v a rethink for such inclusion?How come it was quickly arranged into South Sudan's law after they were not even a country? Sorry im taking u into international logic.So u can decieve ppl on Nairaland that Sudan and South Sudan agreed on their own for cease fire and inclusion of referendum?What about the roles of international communities and the UN in forcing them to peace and the threat on Bashir president of Sudan?Pls when u read u do proper analysis and not swallowing every word.
You v forgotten ur position of arguement so soon,how come?All i want u to learn is at what time referendum was considered for them?What were the factors surrendering it?Al Bashir on his own would not v allowed referendum up to this time im key boarding u.So how come he accepted?Let me give u the answer:pressure from outside.Same pressure on Nigeria to revert to civilian rule in 1999.Same pressure for the Apartheid govt to dismantle apartheid and release Mandela.All these pressures come with civil disobedience, actions and reactions.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by BLSYNG: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2017
Goke7:

the Nigerian Police that had its station burnt? the burnt police station lay credence to the reason why the army had to be called in. The boko harm terrorists also burn down police stations. Truth must be told, you guys should stop justifying intentional break down of the law.

Morality is different from the law.
Hmm, people and their reasoning. At what point in time was the police station burnt? Before or days after the operation Python Dance. Ask yourself a simple question, what was the situation of things before the deployment of Army? And you are here talking about what ensued from the provocative and needless python dance.
I wonder what you call truth. Was there any breakdown of law before the operation python dance? See you and truth.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by reality1010: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2017
omenka:
God bless you richly bow and for the rest of your life, amen.
What do u make of Buhari hates speeches that led to deaths of hundreds of people even educated corpers like u once were?How about Ango Abdullahi,Oba of Lagos,Tanko Yakasia, Obasanjo and others even the ones about the killing of the Igbos in the CIVIL WAR?Why can you be ractional for a second?Has Nnamdi Kanu's IPOB attacked on any hate speeches from him?How come Buhari and his people acted on his hate speeches?Do u know hates speeches were behind the killing in the North, killings that recently took place in the South West between the huasa community and Yoruba people?If the Igbos can not act on Nnamdi Kanu speeches it show that the one that sales gala on the road is more reasonable and sensible than u, bc u acted and killed on buhari's speeches and other speeches from his people.
Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by reality1010: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2017
BLSYNG:

Hmm, people and their reasoning. At what point in time was the police station burnt? Before or days after the operation Python Dance. Ask yourself a simple question, what was the situation of things before the deployment of Army? And you are here talking about what ensued from the provocative and needless python dance.
I wonder what you call truth. Was there any breakdown of law before the operation python dance? See you and truth.
Thank u.These are questions begging for answer and which they will never answer till they go down to grave.

2 Likes

Re: The Needless Dancing Movements Of The Python Nigerians Never Condemned by Marcelo290(m): 10:15am On Sep 15, 2017
This write up just made my day

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bendel Separatist Movement Launches Radio Bendel / Duke/adesina Running Under Apga/3rd Force Should Defeat Buhari Easily / T B Joshua's On 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.