Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,983 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos". - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos". (414 Views)

Honestly, IPOB And NNAMDI KANU Has Gained My Respect Today / Policeman Inside Gutter As IPOB And Police Clash In Anambra (Photos) / Ipob And Passengers Drag And Beat A Driver To Coma In Asaba For Hitting A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos". by cascarino(m): 1:53am On Sep 15, 2017
There's this trend of some enemies of Ndigbo trying to label lPOB supporters miscreants and street urchins while those that are against them and support the torture they're going through in hands of the Nigerian army are called "the few sensible Ibos".

I was one of few Igbos that faced all sorts of insults and name callings from my people because of my unalloyed support for APC and Gen. Mohammadu Buhari during the 2015 elections. It was not by chance that my home local government was the only LGA won by APC during the past presidential election- Ideato South LGA. It was the unflinching support for APC from people like me coupled with the charisma of our illustrious son Owelle Rochas Okorocha that made it possible.
My support for Buhari was because of his anti corruption posture and his perceived integrity, which was lacking in the government of GEJ. I never knew that I was actually campaigning for an ethnic bigot whose level resentment towards my people is astronomical.

No matter what some of the enemies of Ndigbo here are saying about IPOB, the truth remains that IPOB IS A NON VIOLENT MOVEMENT. Since the inception of IPOB in 2013 till date there has not been any record of loss of life in there rallies and gatherings. So, any attempt to label lPOB violent by posting few cases of reprisal attacks by IPOB while ignoring the dehumanization and crime against humanity being perpetrated by the Nigerian army against them is very hypocritical and a mere case of giving a dog a bad name in other to kill it.
Before the invasion of the Nigerian army to the south east there has not been any case of such actions by IPOB. So, the blame for any fall out of this 'military show of force' should be heaped at the feet of the Nigerian army and not IPOB.

The most disheartening part is the rate at which some of my Igbo people who I hitherto thought are wise are now opening threads and making comments to condemn IPOB while turning blind eye to the atrocities being committed by the Nigerian army in order to be listed amongst "the few sensible Ibos" by enemies of Ndigbo who wish nothing but death and destruction for the Igboman.

I saw how one of the so called "sensible Ibos" who said that his main reason for opposing IPOB is because there actions and utterances was capable of instigating a civil war was busy earlier yesterday promoting video where he claimed that IPOB members were searching buses looking for northerners to kill, forgetting that such a video is capable of instigating hostile reaction from northerners.

There's even this same trend of trying to limit activities of IPOB to some particular states of the East by these enemies of Ndigbo by saying that 'Igbos are only in Abia and Anambra states', while Imolites are ' the wisest Ibos'. Well, to those mischief makers I am an Imolite and I refuse to be wise in that way you want it- cheering on the Nigerian army while they decimate the population of the Igbo youths. I am an IPOB sympathizer, call me whatever name you like.

Finally, I must commend some men of good conscience and all the real sensible Igbos here who though might not be IPOB members but have come out to condemn the military onslaught against IPOB and Ndigbo in extension. You have tried by rejecting the enticing Laurel called " sensible Ibos" thrusted to you by the enemies of our people by rising up to Call spade a spade.
As for 'sensible Ibos' crew who are interested in receiving praises from our enemies to massage their ego and feel learned and exposed, I leave you with this Igbo adage "obi anaghi adi aturu Mma oge ana emegbu ebula'. It is not yet late for you guys to retrace your steps and have a change of attitude.
Re: IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos". by reality1010: 1:56am On Sep 15, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu and Igbos r being attacked for demanding for REFERENDUM to self determination.They have no weapon and attacked no one.The military has killed thousands, raped women,killed pregnant women and children because the Igbos r agitating for self determination through REFERENDUM.Is REFERENDUM no more a democratic norm o principle of democracy?Why invade a man's house and start killing armless innocent Igbos at will.Where has the socalled Civil Liberty Organisations gone to?Where v the Civil Right Groups gone to?Why v they suddenly gone mute?Why killing the Igbos for asking for Self determination?In all the recorded movements in South East not a single fly was killed or attacked but the military came in shooting innocent Igbo people.If the government believes in democracy let her go for referendum.Catalonia in Spain had referendum, the Quebec in Canada had referendum too.Why cant the government allow referendum instead of killing innocent igbos.The Nigerian govt and the Nigerian Army should know that Nnamdi Kanu is not the struggle but Biafra.

1 Like

Re: IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos". by vicadex07(m): 2:56am On Sep 15, 2017
A neutral Yoruba like me resent Ipob because of the hate speeches which dey propagate against anybody including igbos who don't agree with them.

I specifically remember how kanu instructed Ipob members to stone kumuyi or Adeboye if they ever step foot in the South east.

How do you think Yorubas and non Yorubas who revere this people will feel about your agitation.

Numerous threads was created here to address such issues but all you people did was hurl insults upon insults on anyone who dared to disagree with your idealogy.

Hate speeches the way kanu propagate its is similar to want ignited the Rwandan genocide. I hope its not too late for you boastful people to listen.
Re: IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos". by fergie001: 3:05am On Sep 15, 2017
Peace,not WAR
Re: IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos". by ipobarecriminals: 3:09am On Sep 15, 2017
angry shocked shocked cool angry grin cheesy wink Abeg,allow our gallant military to do their job.We should commend them for neat job well done...Nothing work until they instill koboko sense inside the Abia lunatic hunchback skull.God bless Nig

(1) (Reply)

Faces Of Yahoo Boys Apprehended By EFCC For Internet Fraud / Listen Nigeria! A Revelation For The Future-gospel. / PHOTOS: Northern Governors Visit Rivers Gov. Wike Over IPOB Crisis ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.