Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

In search of a heartrobe - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / In search of a heartrobe (700 Views)

In Search Of A Creative Short Story Writer / In Search Of A Woman By Avatarmode / A Boy In Search Of His Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In search of a heartrobe by generaliy: 11:42am On Sep 15, 2017
Bolanle was my betrothed, aponbepore, Eleyinju ege.
She was a beauty to behold, the one every guy would gladly bring a barn of yams and ten gourds of palm wine for dowry.

Oh, how glamorous she walks in her customised iro and buba laced with cowries made by the famous iya Saka's gifted hands. cool
Those were the days when she displayed so much elegance in the traditional aso oke, with perfectly styled gele and "tiro" glorifying her smiling face, oh, Bolanle rewa gan, Bolanle was so beautiful! shocked

And then, seven moons passed since Bolanle went to the city,
She came back with some mutilated accents, Bolanle now meows like a cat, she speaks from the nostrils! undecided

My own Bolanle now deride the same "Ujesha" dialect we both sang to each other with every night under the baobab tree along baale's path.
A "gudu morin", "aa jiire bi" from me was now replied with "watafuck ees dait", mo daran, Ibosi ara adugbo! angry

Bolanle no longer reads love poetry with me anymore, she now talks to her phone like a lunatic, they say it's called "selfish", modaran, is Bolanle now a fish seller? Her mother was known for making Adire ke! And even if she's going to sell fish, is it to a phone nitori Olorun? What happens to taking a stall in Oja oba? Or has the white man increased his witchcraft to the extent he now has markets on phones? Walaful! grin grin

Then on a fateful day, I got so angry and decided to go to the city myself to beg whoever Bolanle must have offended over there to forgive her, and if such wouldn't forgive, I was ready to fight them with ibante, the ever effective amulet of our forefathers,coupled with the aluwo, the ring of warriors, Bolanle must be cured of this lunacy. undecided undecided

It's been 7 moons already, and I'm no longer interested in going back to Ayedaade, I had found Nataasa, and she's sweet like the berries in my grandpa's farm by the village stream. cheesy cheesy cheesy

In reality, I now think the real Ayedaade is in the city, what more life could be better than this? grin grin

Little did I know the efficacious effectiveness of my village witches, they still followed me to this faraway city, for when I had made about four hundred pounds in 9 months, from working round the clock like an old man's dangling balls, I asked Nataasa to be my wife...

And she asked for her own dowry... Ibosi, is this how the city people behave?
I heard it's called "Proposal"

And when I asked what is it that would make her become the channel through which the nation in my loins would be brought to earth...
Nataasa asked for a selfish-device

She said it's an "eye-phone"

And it costs a thousand pounds

Mogbe! Not even the eyes of the dreaded Osumare, the famed ancient rainbow that rises with the beauty of the heavens, bringer of good fortunes would cost that much! shocked shocked

I remembered Agbabiaka's farmland of 3 hectares is up for sale.
I withdrew my entire four hundred pounds,
And to the village I went. cool cool

My forefathers wouldn't forgive me
If I spent my entire life savings on a single skirt.

I will make a few more pounds from the kolanut farm
And marry seven maidens from our neighbouring Iwajowa village, with seven pounds each.

I will have enough to still compete for the ilufemiloye title, and win without a fight, pounds speaking!

"I can not come and kill myself"

Mi o le wa ku! grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: In search of a heartrobe by generaliy: 11:44am On Sep 15, 2017
https://www.facebook.com/Generaliy/posts/10212558168526672?notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&notif_id=1505467823894939

lalasticlala , ees not like i have killed a snake o, but you can still move this to permanent site
Re: In search of a heartrobe by generaliy: 11:51am On Sep 15, 2017
seun
lalasticlala

Thank you
Re: In search of a heartrobe by generaliy07(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2017
Lalasticlala
Seun
Ishilove please review
Re: In search of a heartrobe by generaliy: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2017
Happy sunday Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Imbube African Book Festival & Award 2017 / 20 Things You Must Know As A Human / Dynasty Of The House Of Jehu. Series One: The Triplet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.