Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

Not For That Reason - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Not For That Reason (343 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not For That Reason by fanxcel(f): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2017
Short Story - BREVA
by Fancy Excel

The stars glimmered brightly overhead. Eva standing in front of her closet, deciding on her outfit for a date with her boyfriend, to make a lasting impression since she was going to his place for the first time.
Aww don't know what to wear as she always wear comfortable attire for classes, and a properly tailored suit tucked into the corner of her closet for events that actually require business casual. The need for outings and more importantly, Dates, to dress in a nice blouse or fancy dress is limited when the majority of the day is spent jetting from one corner of campus to the other. (Phone rings)!!
Hey babes, will be right over in a jiffy, I love you bye bye! (Sighed) and dropped the phone. She quickly jumped in on a black mini dress and a pink high heel and zoomed off.
(Knock knock)...Her boyfriend opened the door, looking cute as always, her heart skipped as she falls inlove with him all over again focusing on him above the fact that she was here tonight with him. She’d give anything to kiss him, feel his lips on hers, warm and urgent, making her heart slam so hard against her ribcage it just might burst out of her chest.
Come in! you look exceptionally beautiful my Love, Eva bits into the corner of her bottom lip and toyed with a tendril of her hair. “It also sounds vexingly strenuous.
Welcome to my abode,What can I get you my love? Jerry asked,
Nice place you've got babes, anything soft would do, She said as she started scrolling through her phone.
He served her some juice. Do you like it my love? Yes babes thanks, She replied. Did I mention I love you too; Jerry said. She rolled her eyes with a smile, warmth heats her face as she steer deeply into his big brown eyes.
forward and he kissed her on the lips and she responded. Breathless when the kiss ended, with the corners of Jerry's mouth tilt with that cocky half grin of his and melt her heart. Even now, she felt the unfamiliar flutter in her belly that made her both excited and anxious to kiss him again.
Both staring at each other's eyes, He cut in; holding Eva's phone, now let's view some of your pictures, okay babes, Eva replied as she leaned on him.
Who is this guy holding unto you like this huh? He asked as he's scrolling through the phone; that's my cousin, she replied. Okay, he said still scrolling, he asked again, who are these people; they are my course mates. Both went on and onp with it until they got to a girl's photo and He waited on Eva to tell him who she was but She was already shivering upon seeing the photo and He asked her who the girl was but Eva's heart seized, her mouth opened but said nothing and he scrolled passed until he asked again,
My love who is this woman? Both of you look alike, but Eva was still shivering and He took notice, my love what is it? Are you okay? Jerry asked, tapping Eva before she realized that she was with someone, No I mean thank you, I’m okay babes; Eva replied. No I don't think so my love; please talk to me, is it the kiss? I'm sorry about that.
No babes it's not that, Eva replied faintly, did you really not know who that was?; who, Jerry said, Eva grabbed the phone and scrolled back to the photo, this girl ( facing it to Jerry); No I really don't know who she is my love, is she a student here?.
You really don't know her? Eva asked faintly continously, I said I don't know her, Jerry replied; on and on about the photo arguing.
A knock on the door, as a guy walked in on both of them arguing, how far? What's going on here, the guy asked as he sat down on the couch and upon seeing this guy, Eva fainted. Oh my gosh what is happening? The guy rushed to assist Jerry in restoring Eva. I don't know man, I'm as confused as you are, Jerry replied .

To be continued...

(1) (Reply)

The Essential Core Of Plots / 1st Of October / I Need A VERY GOOD Fiction Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.