Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,650 members, 7,820,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Leadership And Management - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Leadership And Management (531 Views)

Leadership And Management: Skills For Advancing Your Career / Frandek Leadership And Performance Management Training / 8 Kobe Quotes That Will Challenge Your Views On Competition, Leadership And Deat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leadership And Management by Humility017(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
An Employee makes a MISTAKE. He comes to me asking for my help.
The only thing is, I am not his direct Manager. He said if his manager knows about this, she will make a big issue and will use it to give him a poor rating.
This puts me in a really sticky situation. He is not on my team but he is a very hardworking employee. He just isn’t a ‘Kiss Up’ as his manager wants him to be.
So I go on the system, use my authorization and simple as that, the mistake is corrected. Nobody knows. It ends there. He was very happy.
Later on, two of my employees were absent (sick) and he volunteered to stay back to help my remaining team meet a tight deadline.
What baffles me is how some managers never get this:
* If you go to the moon and back for employees, they will do the same for you.
* If you want loyalty from employees, you must first give it.
* You can’t expect loyalty from employees if you keep throwing them under the bus
It’s reassuring to have a manager who’s got your back.
#Leadership and Management
by Brigette Hyacinth
Re: Leadership And Management by Humility017(m): 8:36am On Oct 21, 2017
[b][/b][size=8pt][/size] Hello
Re: Leadership And Management by Humility017(m): 8:37am On Oct 21, 2017
hello

(1) (Reply)

Work That Will Benifit Me. / Six Changes You Should Consider Making In 2018 / Enhance Your Intelligence and Creativity Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.