Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos" (264 Views)

Honestly, IPOB And NNAMDI KANU Has Gained My Respect Today / Policeman Inside Gutter As IPOB And Police Clash In Anambra (Photos) / Ipob And Passengers Drag And Beat A Driver To Coma In Asaba For Hitting A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos" by cascarino(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
There's this trend of some enemies of Ndigbo trying to label lPOB supporters miscreants and street urchins while those that are against them and support the torture they're going through in the hands of the Nigerian army are called "the few sensible Ibos".
I was one of few Igbos that faced all sorts of insults and name callings from my people because of my unalloyed support for APC and Gen. Mohammadu Buhari during the 2015 elections. It was not by chance that my home local government was the only LGA won by APC during the past presidential election- Ideato South LGA. It was the unflinching support for APC from people like me coupled with the charisma of our illustrious son Owelle Rochas Okorocha that made it possible.
My support for Buhari was because of his anti corruption posture and his perceived integrity, which was lacking in the government of GEJ. I never knew that I was actually campaigning for an ethnic bigot cum military dictator whose level of resentment towards my people is astronomical.
No matter what some of the enemies of Ndigbo here are saying about IPOB, the truth remains that IPOB IS A NON VIOLENT MOVEMENT. Since the inception of IPOB in 2013 till date there has not been any record of loss of life in there rallies and gatherings. So, any attempt to label lPOB violent by posting few cases of reprisal attacks by IPOB while ignoring the dehumanization and crime against humanity being perpetrated by the Nigerian army against them is very hypocritical and a mere case of giving a dog a bad name in other to kill it.
Before the invasion of the South East by the Nigerian army there has not been any case of such actions by IPOB. So, the blame for any fall out of this 'military show of force' should be heaped at the feet of the Nigerian army and not IPOB.
The most disheartening part is the rate at which some of my Igbo people who I hitherto thought were wise are now opening threads and making comments to condemn IPOB while turning blind eye to the atrocities being committed by the Nigerian army in order to be listed amongst "the few sensible Ibos" by enemies of Ndigbo who wish nothing but death and destruction for the Igboman.
I saw how one of the so called "sensible Ibos" who said that his main reason for opposing IPOB is because there actions and utterances was capable of instigating a civil war was busy earlier yesterday promoting video where he claimed that IPOB members were searching buses looking for northerners to kill, forgetting that such a video is capable of instigating hostile reaction from northerners.
There's even this same trend of trying to limit activities of IPOB to some particular states of the East by these enemies of Ndigbo by saying that 'Igbos are only in Abia and Anambra states', while Imolites are ' the wisest Ibos'. Well, to those mischief makers I am an Imolite and I refuse to be wise in that way you want it- cheering on the Nigerian army while they decimate the population of the Igbo youths. I am an IPOB sympathizer, call me whatever name you like.
Finally, I must commend some men of good conscience and all the real sensible Igbos here who though might not be IPOB members but have come out to condemn the military onslaught against IPOB and Ndigbo by extension. You have tried by rejecting the enticing Laurel called " sensible Ibos" thrusted to you by the enemies of our people by rising up to Call a spade a spade.
As for ' the sensible Ibos' crew who are interested in receiving praises from our enemies to massage their ego and feel learned and exposed, I leave you with this Igbo adage "obi anaghi adi aturu Mma oge ana emegbu ebula'. It is not yet late for you guys to retrace your steps and have a change of attitude.
Re: IPOB And "The Few Sensible Ibos" by generalbush(m): 12:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
cascarino:
There's this trend of some enemies of Ndigbo trying to label lPOB supporters miscreants and street urchins while those that are against them and support the torture they're going through in the hands of the Nigerian army are called "the few sensible Ibos".
I was one of few Igbos that faced all sorts of insults and name callings from my people because of my unalloyed support for APC and Gen. Mohammadu Buhari during the 2015 elections. It was not by chance that my home local government was the only LGA won by APC during the past presidential election- Ideato South LGA. It was the unflinching support for APC from people like me coupled with the charisma of our illustrious son Owelle Rochas Okorocha that made it possible.
My support for Buhari was because of his anti corruption posture and his perceived integrity, which was lacking in the government of GEJ. I never knew that I was actually campaigning for an ethnic bigot cum military dictator whose level of resentment towards my people is astronomical.
No matter what some of the enemies of Ndigbo here are saying about IPOB, the truth remains that IPOB IS A NON VIOLENT MOVEMENT. Since the inception of IPOB in 2013 till date there has not been any record of loss of life in there rallies and gatherings. So, any attempt to label lPOB violent by posting few cases of reprisal attacks by IPOB while ignoring the dehumanization and crime against humanity being perpetrated by the Nigerian army against them is very hypocritical and a mere case of giving a dog a bad name in other to kill it.
Before the invasion of the South East by the Nigerian army there has not been any case of such actions by IPOB. So, the blame for any fall out of this 'military show of force' should be heaped at the feet of the Nigerian army and not IPOB.
The most disheartening part is the rate at which some of my Igbo people who I hitherto thought were wise are now opening threads and making comments to condemn IPOB while turning blind eye to the atrocities being committed by the Nigerian army in order to be listed amongst "the few sensible Ibos" by enemies of Ndigbo who wish nothing but death and destruction for the Igboman.
I saw how one of the so called "sensible Ibos" who said that his main reason for opposing IPOB is because there actions and utterances was capable of instigating a civil war was busy earlier yesterday promoting video where he claimed that IPOB members were searching buses looking for northerners to kill, forgetting that such a video is capable of instigating hostile reaction from northerners.
There's even this same trend of trying to limit activities of IPOB to some particular states of the East by these enemies of Ndigbo by saying that 'Igbos are only in Abia and Anambra states', while Imolites are ' the wisest Ibos'. Well, to those mischief makers I am an Imolite and I refuse to be wise in that way you want it- cheering on the Nigerian army while they decimate the population of the Igbo youths. I am an IPOB sympathizer, call me whatever name you like.
Finally, I must commend some men of good conscience and all the real sensible Igbos here who though might not be IPOB members but have come out to condemn the military onslaught against IPOB and Ndigbo by extension. You have tried by rejecting the enticing Laurel called " sensible Ibos" thrusted to you by the enemies of our people by rising up to Call a spade a spade.
As for ' the sensible Ibos' crew who are interested in receiving praises from our enemies to massage their ego and feel learned and exposed, I leave you with this Igbo adage "obi anaghi adi aturu Mma oge ana emegbu ebula'. It is not yet late for you guys to retrace your steps and have a change of attitude.

You shouldn't be bothered about the so called online Igbo's. They are all Hausa's and Yoruba's. They are living a frustrated life in Nigeria, and wish that no one would leave Nigeria. Hence the reason for their fruststions for Igbo's wanting to leave.

I am not Igbo, but I equally attached to the Biafran dream.

Time will tell.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Police To Enforce Ban On IPOB Activities / Aroms Aigbehi Calls For The Release Of Kidnapped Amb Osayamore Joseph / Inequality In Nigeria: Which Are You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.