Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York (1043 Views)

UNGA 74: President Buhari Spotted With UNGA President In New York (photo) / President Buhari Departs For Hometown Daura For Sallah Celebration(photos) / President Buhari Departs For UK For Medical Check-up - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
PRESIDENT BUHARI DEPARTS FOR NEW YORK TO ATTEND UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY

President Muhammadu Buhari departs Abuja Sunday for New York, to join other world leaders at the 72nd Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 72).

The high point of the President’s visit will be his participation in the General Debate during which he will deliver the country’s National Statement.

The theme for this year’s Debate is: “Focusing on People: Striving for Peace and a Decent Life for All on a Sustainable Planet.”

President Buhari will join other world leaders at the welcoming reception to be hosted by the UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres, and also hold a bilateral meeting with the UN scribe.

Equally, the Nigerian leader will hold a lunch meeting with President Donald Trump of the United States of America, along with other world leaders.

During the General Assembly, Nigeria will participate in high level meetings on ‘Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Building Momentum for Change,’ the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, a High Level Event organized by the African Union under its Theme of the Year: ‘Roadmap on the Demographic Dividend: from Commitment to Action,’ among others.

At the events, President Buhari and members of his delegation will strive to project Nigeria as a strong moral force and responsible member of the international community.

Nigeria’s commitment to global peace, security and development will also be reaffirmed and where necessary, the need for increased international cooperation in the fight against corruption.

Other priorities for the Nigerian delegation at UNGA 72 include strengthening human rights institutions; the rule of law; support for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) as a result of terrorist acts and recent flooding, and mitigating the effects of Climate Change.

The Nigerian delegation will also canvass the support of UN member states for the Buhari Administration’s efforts towards combatting illicit financial flows in order to foster sustainable development.

The President will be accompanied by the governors of Zamfara, Ebonyi and Ondo States, and key cabinet ministers.

President Buhari will transit through London on his way back to the country.

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
September 15, 2017

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1717820128513122&id=1452287068399764
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
Safe journey
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by BrainBuckz: 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2017
Whatever.

Not saying I hope his plane crashes and he alone perishes. God forbid! Not saying Nigeria would be better off if the aboki never returns. Who am I to say? Not saying I don't give a crap about that imbe.cile. How could I?

Just saying... Whatever!

1 Like

Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by kollinz1234(m): 3:03pm On Sep 15, 2017
Hopefully he will give answers to the madness going on amongst soldiers and civilians in the south eastern part of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by patval(f): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2017
9PBLIVE:
PRESIDENT BUHARI DEPARTS FOR NEW YORK TO ATTEND UNITED NATIONS GENERAL ASSEMBLY

President Muhammadu Buhari departs Abuja Sunday for New York, to join other world leaders at the 72nd Session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 72).

The high point of the President’s visit will be his participation in the General Debate during which he will deliver the country’s National Statement.

The theme for this year’s Debate is: “Focusing on People: Striving for Peace and a Decent Life for All on a Sustainable Planet.”

President Buhari will join other world leaders at the welcoming reception to be hosted by the UN Secretary General, Antonio Guterres, and also hold a bilateral meeting with the UN scribe.

Equally, the Nigerian leader will hold a lunch meeting with President Donald Trump of the United States of America, along with other world leaders.

During the General Assembly, Nigeria will participate in high level meetings on ‘Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Building Momentum for Change,’ the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, a High Level Event organized by the African Union under its Theme of the Year: ‘Roadmap on the Demographic Dividend: from Commitment to Action,’ among others.

At the events, President Buhari and members of his delegation will strive to project Nigeria as a strong moral force and responsible member of the international community.

Nigeria’s commitment to global peace, security and development will also be reaffirmed and where necessary, the need for increased international cooperation in the fight against corruption.

Other priorities for the Nigerian delegation at UNGA 72 include strengthening human rights institutions; the rule of law; support for Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) as a result of terrorist acts and recent flooding, and mitigating the effects of Climate Change.

The Nigerian delegation will also canvass the support of UN member states for the Buhari Administration’s efforts towards combatting illicit financial flows in order to foster sustainable development.

The President will be accompanied by the governors of Zamfara, Ebonyi and Ondo States, and key cabinet ministers.

President Buhari will transit through London on his way back to the country.

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
September 15, 2017

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1717820128513122&id=1452287068399764
loll....dullard fighting against female assault when he staged operation Python dance in Aisha pussy right from eight years.
the legendary incompetent media aides trying to sound as if dullardino will be a more important guest than Sudan president

1 Like

Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by greatiyk4u(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
Safe Journey the man of integrity

Just be rest assured that python will keep dancing to curtail the activities of the IPOB miscreants while you stay away.
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
When is he going to London?
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by victorDanladi: 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
kollinz1234:
Hopefully he will give answers to the madness going on amongst soldiers and civilians in the south eastern part of Nigeria
delusiongrin
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by AngelicBeing: 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Keneking:
When is he going to London?
Hian, you have started again, Buhari's ears has been corrected, maybe he will hear the cry of the masses now, useless Apc led by Buhari and his useless cabinet grin

2 Likes

Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by fergie001: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
patval:

loll....dullard fighting against female assault when he staged operation Python dance in Aisha pussy right from eight years.
the legendary incompetent media aides trying to sound as if dullardino will be a more important guest than Sudan president
Buhari might be anything but he is President today.
Igbo's are not known as disrespectful.
If you do not respect him(which most people do not),respect his Office.
Do not attack him assault for assault,his time will come.
"The weak do not forgive.Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." (M.G)
We wish him well,safe J
Please show restraint,emotions are high,but show restraint.
Tnk U
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by patval(f): 5:20pm On Sep 15, 2017
fergie001:

Buhari might be anything but he is President today.
Igbo's are not known as disrespectful.
If you do not respect him(which most people do not),respect his Office.
Do not attack him assault for assault,his time will come.
"The weak do not forgive.Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong." (M.G)
We wish him well,safe J
Please show restraint,emotions are high,but show restraint.
Tnk U
that dullard has not done anything to earn himself respect.his fathom dumbness made him threw away high hope of better days and sense of direction which majority of Nigerians had after 2015 election owing to the calm manner the handover process was.
as against you stereotype notion against Igbo's, in every Igbo society, respect is accorded to any individual who has proven culture of civility not a failure and devil in human form
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by fergie001: 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
patval:

that dullard has not done anything to earn himself respect.his fathom dumbness made him threw away high hope of better days and sense of direction which majority of Nigerians had after 2015 election owing to the calm manner the handover process was.
as against you stereotype notion against Igbo's, in every Igbo society, respect is accorded to any individual who has proven culture of civility not a failure and devil in human form
My bro,am Igbo
You are not more annoyed than I am
I am from Umuahia,and I know how I feel right now,not for Kanu,but for the dead.
Seeing my dead brothers,makes me very very upset,every thing you see here was orchestrated,even though Kanu's position of the BSS and co are infantile;but cry?no way
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness,only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate,only love can do that" (M.L.K)

The question I have always asked is:after this what next?
What will buhari or his supporters say to these families and this people.
Well,they are no more miscreants,they are now terrorists,its no more 14 Oct,its end of the year.

But note this:The Greatest Enemy of an Igbo Man is An Igbo Man.
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by patval(f): 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2017
fergie001:

My bro,am Igbo
You are not more annoyed than I am
I am from Umuahia,and I know how I feel right now,not for Kanu,but for the dead.
Seeing my dead brothers,makes me very very upset,every thing you see here was orchestrated,even though Kanu's position of the BSS and co are infantile;but cry?no way
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness,only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate,only love can do that" (M.L.K)

The question I have always asked is:after this what next?
What will buhari or his supporters say to these families and this people.
Well,they are no more miscreants,they are now terrorists,its no more 14 Oct,its end of the year.

But note this:The Greatest Enemy of an Igbo Man is An Igbo Man.
anybody can be Easterner but not everybody who come from the East is Igbo. The real Igbo's are those who take it upon themselves to liberate their future and future of their unborn children from every shackles of dark union in whichever way they dim fit.
This ideology is what no amount of python can dance out.
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by fergie001: 5:42pm On Sep 15, 2017
patval:

anybody can be Easterner but not everybody who come from the East is Igbo. The real Igbo's are those who take it upon themselves to liberate their future and future of their unborn children from every shackles of dark union in whichever way they dim fit.
This ideology is what no amount of python can dance out.
Show restraint,nwanne m
Emotions are sky-high,
Silence is golden
Re: UNGA: President Buhari Departs For New York by obonujoker(m): 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2017
Good...

Let Osibanjo take over for sanity to be restored.... can't wait for 2019 to follow sane and less religious minded pple to kick this man back to Daura....

No more voting for any reformed military man...

(1) (Reply)

Apologise For Disrespecting Ibe Kachikwu Now Or We Resume Pipeline Vandalization / Babangida And Vatsa: A Tale Of Friendship And Betrayal / Another Goof By Buhari Government (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.