Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo (1292 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Killed During Military Operation Against Boko Haram. Photo / Military Operation In Southwest: Go & Dance In The North-East- Afenifere To Army / Nnamdi Kanu Petitions UN, EU, US, UK, Russia, Israel, Over Military Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by menstrualpad: 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
- Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has cautioned against military operation in the southeast

- The former president said he would like to meet with Nnamdi Kanu

- He said President Muhammadu Buhari should also try to meet with him

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has said that the Operation Python Dance in the southeast region will not solve the problem of agitation. The former

president in an interview with Newsweek noted that military engagement was not the solution to the problem but dialogue.

There has been unrest in the region between members of the Indigenous People of Biafra led by Nnamdi Kanu and soldiers and Obasanjo

argues that it is better to handle the situation diplomatically. Obasanjo called on President Muhammadu Buhari to meet with Kanu before the

social unrest degenerate into a full blown war. He said: “Those who fought the war in Biafra will not want to fight any other war. I fought in the
war.

It’s an unfortunate war. I don’t want to see another war. “The heavy boot is not the solution. “I don’t see anything wrong in that [Buhari meeting with Kanu].

I would not object to that; if anything, I would encourage it,” Obasanjo tells Newsweek.

“I would want to meet Kanu myself and talk to people like him, people of his age, [and ask:] ‘What are your worries?’ Not only from the

southeast but from all parts of Nigeria.”

Read more: https://www.naij.com/1125524-military-operation-solution-biafra-agitation-obasanjo.html

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by tooth4tooth: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
See who is talking. I doubt this story. Obj can never say a thing like this. If this truely can from Obj, he need to tell again how he dialogue with Odi and Benue unrest during his tenure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by GloriaNinja(f): 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
THE SO-CALLED ARMY WILL ONLY MAKE IT WORSE.
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by niceprof: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
I wish Buhari will listen to this wise counsel,but the fifth columnists in his administration are bent on destroying Bhuari as a person and Nigeria as a collective.

No other ethnic nationality is more Nigerian than the Igbo.

Buhari lost the oppourtunity to win the Igbo youths to his side when he took over,a visit to the region when he assumed office and in his normal rhetoric,blame PDP for the marginalization in the East with a promise to right those wrongs could easily have won the youths to his side.

For those who will say that IPOB threatened him not to come,i posit to you that the threat came after his ill advised and uncouth utterances to the press both local and international.

There is still a window of opportunity to make things work.

IPOB IS BEYOND NNAMDI KANU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by menstrualpad: 6:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
niceprof:
I wish Buhari will listen to this wise counsel,but the fifth columnists in his administration are bent on destroying Bhuari as a person and Nigeria as a collective.

No other ethnic nationality is more Nigerian than the Igbo.

Buhari lost the oppourtunity to win the Igbo youths to his side when he took over,a visit to the region when he assumed office and in his normal rhetoric,blame PDP for the marginalization in the East with a promise to right those wrongs could easily have won the youths to his side.

For those who will say that IPOB threatened him not to come,i poist to you that he threat came after his ill advised and uncouth utterances to the press both local and international.

There is still a window of opportunity to make things work.

IPOB IS BEYOND NNAMDI KANU.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by aolawale025: 6:23pm On Sep 15, 2017
OBJ made sense this time
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by Ladyjumong(f): 6:31pm On Sep 15, 2017
It is well
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by LUGBE: 6:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
Can you just shut up, so annoying
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by Deltagiant: 7:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
R
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by prince4pro(m): 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
The wise one has spoken
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
Is it a different Thief Obasanjo from the one who sent in soldiers to raze down two whole communities in Odi and Zaki Biam?
aolawale025:
OBJ made sense this time
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by babyfaceafrica: 8:04pm On Sep 15, 2017
Lolz..baba dey whyne una
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by RareDiamond: 8:09pm On Sep 15, 2017
Nigeria's federal government under Buhari is currently one of the most tribalistic, nepolistic, biased, islamic fanatical, debased, dictatorial, cluessless and id1otic government in Africa.

IT WILL NOT BE WELL WITH BUHARI AND THE MASTERMINDERS OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY RASCALITY, BRUTALITY AND STUP1DITY IN THE SOUTH EAST.
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by ZombieTAMER: 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2017
RareDiamond:
Nigeria's federal government under Buhari is currently one of the most tribalistic, nepolistic, biased, islamic fanatical, debased, dictatorial, cluessless and id1otic government in Africa.

IT WILL NOT BE WELL WITH BUHARI AND THE MASTERMINDERS OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY RASCALITY, BRUTALITY AND STUP1DITY IN THE SOUTH EAST.

Buhari is a man of his word
He made it clear that those who didn't vote for him should not expect the same treatment as those who voted him
while calling them the 5%
all these agitations for biafra..equity and referendum will only give him and his Fulani army more reasons to kill and terrorise innocent

Buhari is a killer
Seeing is believing

Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by 0m0nnakoda: 9:52pm On Sep 15, 2017
hypocrite !! Did he meet with Asari Dokubo?
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by Viergeachar: 10:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
I expected this!

Yorubas won't allow the Nigerian Army run roughshod over the Igbos in the SE.

We are always against injustice. And we know for sure that no other tribe in the south has the wherewithal to repay the goodwill. tongue

1 Like

Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by hidhrhis(m): 10:26pm On Sep 15, 2017
dis is d main reason why I love yorubas,they like their life more Dan anyrthing,have u ever seen them agitating for anything even their oduduwa republic doesn't sound real
Re: Military Operation Is Not The Solution To Biafra Agitation - Obasanjo by omowolewa: 10:27pm On Sep 15, 2017
Meeting with Kanu now is just to massage his ego or give him soft landing.

The only person whose meeting with Kanu would have reasonable impact is V.P Yemi Osinbajo. He is the neutral person in power with the sense of 'rule of law', diplomacy, charisma and ethno-religious standing for the talk.

Any talk with Kanu without restructuring on the table is just shenanigan, any restructuring with devolution of power is a sham, any devolution of power with economic control is fake.

OBJ, should meet Kanu as an elder statesman and not with the hope and promise of getting PMB to act in a direction.

Goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Igbo In Diaspora Open-up On The Serious Dispute Kanu/ipob Plunged Them To. / What The Hijabi Lawyer Must Concern Herself With / BREAKING: @APCNigeria Twitter Handle Sold By Philip Obin- Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.