Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Time For South East And South South Leader To Form A Common Ground - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Time For South East And South South Leader To Form A Common Ground (425 Views)

2022: Yoruba Youth Group Task Youth To Form Trustworthy Alliance In New Year. / As Leaders, We Need To Build Bridges, Seek Common Ground As Basis For National P / Anambra North Grass Root Political Forum Appoints Leader To Dialogue For Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time For South East And South South Leader To Form A Common Ground by GFNL(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2017
I have followed the recent happening in the South Eastern part of Nigeria, particularly in Abia State and I have figured that Nigerian Unity is at stake no matter how we pretend. I have also interviewed the young generations of people of these region and one thing is common. They strongly believe that the current president hates the people of these two region.

They refer to his victory speech where he said 5% population of the these region voted for him. This was not ought to come from a leader. Recently on his return from UK on his address to the nation he never condemned the Fulani herds men killing of unarmed civilians. He has never labeled them terrorist neither did he condemn the threat by Arewa youths or the hate song publicly, but rather he kept mute an concentrated on the IPOB. Nnamdi Kanu is left as the only option for them to express their angers. Mr. Kanu may have made mistakes in his strategies but he remains their hero who speaks their mind. Mr. President should be concerned to know where the entire majority of these region believe in Kanu instead he deployed troops.
It is tragic that our President, Muhammadu Buhari, have deliberately or inadvertently alienated a segment of the people he leads.

The leader of a country cannot be friends only of those he/she likes. No. That is not leadership. It is like a father liking some of his kids and hating some. The leader builds up groups. Not divide. A leader cannot lead only those that worship and swear by him. As a leader. He must carry the burden even of those that detest him.
It is the lowest form of churlishness that is unbecoming of a leader to send signals that you dislike anyone of the groups you lead. A leader is a winner. When a winner acts like a loser, things go wrong in their kingdom. Real leaders build a bond with all their people.

With the deployment of troops and killings, it is justifiable that truly he hates people of these two region. Recently I watched an interview he had with Aljazera where the female journalist asked him to watch the videos of how the military are killing in South East he refused to watch. Rather he acknowledged that over two million people died during the war. Funny enough those who committed this genocide are free of which he is one of them. My suggestion is that any one who fought the war should not be allowed to be in current leadership as the bitterness and hate runs in their blood.

President Buhari should have it in mind that he has less than two years in power and can never win a second term bid with this style of leadership. Brute force cannot force a people to fall in line. If force works there would not have been the rise of BIAFRA 50 years after. If you are a good leader put up a referendum and see if the Nigeria state wins or the Biafra state. Those who have the monopoly of force should know that BIAFRA is now like a religion and guns will not solve the problem. Yes you will kill people but the idea will not die. It is impossible to wipe out a people. THOSE IN POWER NOW MUST TALK TO BIAFRA. That is the only way stop this carnage going on. Pyton dance will come and go but the religion will always be there. Kill Nnamdi Kanu today another Kanu will rise. Lets be sensible and do the right thing.

With the deployment of these troops code named Python Dance 11, it is crystal clear that the fears of the majority of these region that the president hates them is nothing but the truth.

All the political leaders of South East and South South must come together irrespective of party affiliation and speak on one voice for restructuring of Nigeria Federal system to fit in true federalism.
Re: Time For South East And South South Leader To Form A Common Ground by nic2wao: 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2017
I wish their unity will be for the betterment of their regions, but at what cost?

A price which they are not willing to pay anytime soon...
Re: Time For South East And South South Leader To Form A Common Ground by ITbomb(m): 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2017
They are too feeble minded to unite because they fear the north world not like it

I was embarrassed when I heard one big man in SS said it was an achievement to be recognized by some northern politicians

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Employer Refuses To Pay Me 2 Years After Working For Him / Make $10-20 Daily No Investment, No Scam / Brutal Policeman Breaks Electricity Worker’s Leg For Disconnecting Ex-ig’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.