Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Biafra Or Nigeria: Follow Peace With All Men - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Or Nigeria: Follow Peace With All Men (362 Views)

Rivers APC Makes Peace With Wike / I Am Ready To Make Peace With APC - Uche Nwosu / Senate Gives 5 Conditions For Peace With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Or Nigeria: Follow Peace With All Men by gsainttrinity(m): 7:09pm On Sep 16, 2017
Nigerians and Nairalanders:
I crave your indulgence to permit me a spare of your precious time to read my assertion on the state of the nation at this critical time when there are so many skirmishes with grievous consequences to extinguish our national identity as we know it.
We have had the Boko Haram menace since the past six years, threatening to annihilate the north-eastern communities and their cultures in Adamawa, Bornu and other communities in Cameroon, Chad and Niger and the implication of that onslaught has resulted in one of the biggest humanitarian crisis currently in Africa.

Marginalization:
The background of the current stem from the recent agitation by the Indigenous people of Biafra to create an Independent state off the Nigerian territory siting reasons of marginalization by the federal government as the major reason for the agitation.
If we are to look at the assertion given as the reason for the renewed agitation by the Biafra enthusiast, we can easily conclude that Marginalization is the same reason why there is Islamist agenda by the Boko Haram terrorist, It is the same reasons of Marginalization why there is Militancy in the Niger-Delta creeks of Southern Nigeria, and it is the same reason of Marginalization on the youths of Nigeria why there is high level of employment, which is the direct consequences of increased rate of criminality, kidnapping, ritualism and other heinous crimes to mention but a few.
In the light of all these, it is clear that almost all sector and aspects of our National life is being marginalized and this begs the question, who is marginalizing who?
The Obvious answer that many would give would be, “The Federal Government” and truthfully so but what no one would want to acknowledge, is the role every individual, every citizen, every leader in this country of 180 million people contributes to the rot in the Nigerian system.
Every one of us has a role and a responsibility to the betterment of our dear country, but I have observed among Nigerians which I come to identify as bedrock of our problem is our terrible notion of “Entitlement”
The Nigerian societal frame work is built on the notion that the world owes us, everyone owes us our happiness. If life is not working the way it should, therefore it is the result of others, we fail to understand our own failings and how our deficiencies may have contributed to the problem.
The reason I believe our sense of self-entitlement is fundamental to our problem is that it has blinded our eyes to other obvious problems and how our collective resolve could have been the weapon we could have used to stop this problem..
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria: Follow Peace With All Men by gsainttrinity(m): 7:10pm On Sep 16, 2017
ILLITERACY: Sub Saharan Africa is the least developed place on earth when it comes to education and Nigeria happen to be a major contributor to that statistics and just like every other problem we face in this country, the blame rest on the shoulder of the federal government but when you come to think of it, how much have we individually contributed to reduce the educational gap in our own little way.
ASSU: The Notorious university association has always perennially embarked on strike to demand pay rise from the federal Government, but this greedy association has never for one day considered embarking on any industrial action to demand the cleansing of their stinking and corrupt members and staffs who have debased our educational system in the most shameful way ever imagined. The open secrets of members of ASUU collecting pay for marks, sex for grades, sexual harassment, out-dated teaching methodologies being applied by its members and all other practices that has made our universities an object of ridicule is not enough reason for ASUU to embark on strikes. And yet when the issue of who is responsible for the low level of our education standard is question, all mouths would shout “FEDERAL GOVERNMENT” and correctly so and no one would take responsibility for their role.
Structure and Re-structure: The main topic of discussion today how faulty the system of Government is built, with every one of us shout and proffering re-structuring as the solution to all our problems. And yet again no one is self-conscious of the role they play in amplifying this fault. The Niger-Delta accuse the Federal Government as the culprit of all their misfortune and even thou the truth may not be too far-fetched, how many times have we as citizens and dwellers of this places held our governors, our senators, our councillors and even ourselves for some of the problems we face in our environment? My guess is as good as yours.
The executive Governors of each state have a responsibility to make their jurisdiction better and make the life of people in this areas better but what we see are governors who have no idea or insight in making this hopes of those who voted them a reality. Even thou we understand that they needed more rights to achieve more but the question we must not fail to ask is “what have they done with the little that they have?”
Jesus Christ in all his wisdom in the Bible said “He who is not faithful in little, will not be faithful even thou more is given him” and that is wisdom. You can go all around the whole over 700 plus local government areas in Nigeria; you will hardly find anywhere that is kept clean. And this was supposed to be whose Job? And even in some places where a little is being consciously sort to be made clean, you will find residents, Nigerians, right-thinking human beings take garbage from their homes take it outside to the street and dump it there. When you ask why would you dump your dirt on the street? They are quick to blame the government, as if the government is still responsible for giving people common sense. The sanity of our society is our collective responsibility.
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria: Follow Peace With All Men by gsainttrinity(m): 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2017
Governance/Politics: knowing and understanding the power of illiteracy and the tendency for it to be used and abused by the political class is paramount to understanding the basic of every problem we face in this country. Accounting for the highest number of out of school children, drop-outs and people never being in school, Nigerian youth population is a definition of human weapon of mass destruction WMD: every half-baked and illusory ideology takes root in the uneducated minds of this naïve population group. From time to time we see different political class take advantage of this low point to feed their followers with ethnic rhetoric, religious and other divisive sentiments are being sold to these helpless persons as the reasons for their misfortune and obviously avoiding the very obvious questions and answers on how they could provide the real amenities that would have ended their misery. They end is that we see this opportunist political leaders becoming Senators, Governors and Presidents bereft of ideas on how to make positive impact on the lives of their constituents and for a cover up, this easy deceptive mechanism is easily employed to continually deceive their gullible followers and many times up to the point of violence.
As it is with our Political class, so it is with all Opportunistic malevolent characters who claim to be the people messiah tow this very treacherous route by playing the Ethnic, religious and other divisive sound to the receptive mind of the ever gullible followers. Time and time again we continue to witness the collateral damage this strategy has caused the Nigerian society in terms of material and human resources.
Like Nnamdi Kanu / Like Muhammadu Buhari: During the last general election, every discerning mind saw the APC go around the country campaigning on a note sentiment calling out the previous government on its inability to stop the Boko Haram carnage, they indicted the previous Government on its inability to stop financial leakages and its notoriety for stealing and corruption. The APC and the PDP also played the Ethno-religious card but in all these noise making, none never articulated their solutions and how they were going to amend the problems of the country. Typical to the average Nigerian to never ask very serious questions, they all fell head over heels for the then-opposition (now incumbent) just for the fact that they were fed up with the previous government, they preferred to move from the proverbial ‘frying pan to fire’ without even knowing what they are doing before it is too late.
There is a similarity between the Buhari’s APC which I take as an analogy to represent all political class in Nigeria and the current IPOB campaign by Nnamdi Kanu, this similarity is the inability for either of them to step off the propaganda platform and not play the easy Ethno-Religious card to drive home their points, And even going the extreme in adopting violence as a tool of conviction and persuasion.
The obvious reason why that is the case is that neither of them have the solution to the problem which they claim to fight against. Many times I have questioned some of my Biafra-believing friends, ‘’what is the plan that you people have put in place to make sure Biafra does not repeat the same mistakes that Nigeria did, how will you end corruption?, what are the steps that Biafra has adopted to guarantee Ethnic equity in the political scheme of things?, what are your Political ideologies?, which system of Government would be practiced in Biafra: is it parliamentary of presidential system? What economic Models are you adopting? Have you sought the consent of the people you are dragging by force into this territory of yours?’’ And many other questions, but the answers I normally get from these people is that the birth of Biafra would be like a magic wand that when the independent country comes on board, all the problems that was faced in Nigeria would automatically disappear. The truth is that such assumptions is even more potentially destructive than they imagined because when the said Biafra comes and all their hopes becomes dashed all their illusions would be betrayed therefore leading to the an endless vicious circle of agitations and violence.
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria: Follow Peace With All Men by gsainttrinity(m): 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
The Solution: I would be in error just like all the groups I have criticized if I end this long essay without providing solution.

My Solution to our myriad problems, to adopt what I would term the BALANCE OF JUSTICE AND PEACE
Every citizen of Nigeria in one way or the other have faced Injustice in every aspect of our lives ranging from domestic injustices, where our parents cannot afford to provide for us the finer things of life, to our education system where we have to go to school and learn on bare floor, where we are forced to provide our educational resources in public schools where it is on record that these amenities were already being paid for but are not present. There are some of us citizens of Nigerians who have lost our loved ones needlessly to death due from issues ranging from lack of amenities in our health care system, Hospitals, hospital equipment and even personnel and there are situations where all these were provided, those whose job were supposed to take the responsibility of providing these services becomes nonchalant and leaving their duties to negligence.
There are some of us who have faced injustice in the Nigerian system in areas of employment, where are potentials are undermined because of lack of platform to prove our worth, or perhaps outright robbery in our chance due to nepotism and favouritism. There are also some of us who have been victims of injustice because of the Ethnic and religious affiliations. Where we are been profiled for no reason because we are from certain locations and regions in the Nigerian Geography.
For all of us who have had these painful experiences, on our mind, the only justice we demand to end this injustice is to put fire to the fuel of incitement currently soaking our national fabrics and burn it to the ground. For some of us, as long we are not part of those who are eating from the National cake, let’s scatter everything and pull it down and let us all start afresh. In as much as these form justice might bring some form relief for the problems we have gone through as Nigerians, it will never be the solution.
Re: Biafra Or Nigeria: Follow Peace With All Men by gsainttrinity(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2017
A wise man ones said[b] “when we pursue Justice so earnestly, we are bound to lose our peace and Happiness in the process.”[/b] But we must not go to sleep in face of injustice.
In the demand for Justice we must factorize the place of our peace and happiness in the scheme of things.
We must accept our responsibility, and take blames for our short comings.
We owe the responsibility to life not just to ourselves, but to our loved ones, our community and the future generations.
We must not throw rationality to the dogs because of resentments because at the end nobody gains from the relics of violence.
Hating others because they are Muslims or Christians or whatever religion they practise reeks of ignorance and shallowness because what one does not understand, it tends to fear and what one fears, it tends to hate.
Hausas, Ibos, Yorubas, efiks, Ijaws and all the over 300 ethnic groups in Nigeria is a beauty we must learn to appreciate, it is a beauty that stems from the vastness of our varieties. Our differences should be our source of strength and the gains of our unity.
As Nigerians those of us who were privileged to be born into the entity Nigeria, it is our responsibility to preserve this identity for our children. Is fine when those who were not born into the NIGERIAN identity to want to sabotage it, but is irresponsible for all those who was born into the Nigerian Identity to be major role to bequeath a lost identity to our children. We must be seen as the courageous generation of those who faced a problem in our co- operate national identity and rose up to the challenge to tackle it and won. We must not be assume the cowardice position who run in the shallow depth of seeking the easy way out by running to our little enclave of monogamous ethnic identity as a panacea for our surmountable problems, one which has undermined every little cultural integrity we may have been able to boast of.
We must begin to ask real questions, we must stop being mentally lazy, we must start holding ourselves to the utmost moral responsibility on how we treat our environment, how we treat our neighbors. We must respect other peoples believes and their faith.
Hating on others is a corruption that destroys the soul. If we must live without others, we must do it without guile or resentment. We must seek for the fellowship of those around us because life by its very existence is meaningless without friends and those we can call to for help.
Those of us who plead for the Nation to remain one indivisible country are always taunted as “Unity beggars” but the truth remains I must continue to beg for the Ibo to remain a part of Nigeria.
We need you, whether Ibo, Yoruba or Hausa. I plead with you don’t go away from Nigeria. I am not ashamed to Beg for all of us to remain friends. Nigeria is so much fun with you guys in it.
And if after a critical thought and superior argument have identified Biafra is the Answer, it must then be pursued with sensitivity and respect for those who think otherwise because at a more critical thought, boundaries mean nothing to human existence it is our relationship with others that determines the boundaries we set.
Finally I urge all Nigerians or whatever we might decide to call ourselves, to restrain on our tendencies for anarchy, violence and disregard for authority as it is not the right way to go about demanding justice or fairness, because at the end of it all, what goes around, comes back around.

END HATE: Being guilty of the act of comically enjoying the name calling, the hate spewing, I have come to repent for being a passive accomplice in the spread of this terrible venom that has poisoned other people’s self-esteem and undermined their Identity. I apologise and also urge all those who actively or passively propagate or support hate speeches, It is time to come clean and call it quit for the development of our dear country.

Thank you all for you time!!
God bless Nigeria
God bless us all

(1) (Reply)

‘IPOB Is Just An ATM For Nnamdi Kanu’- Buhari’s Aide, Lauretta Onochie / You Do Not Form A Ragtag Army To Insult Those Who Can Make Your Dreams Come True / Ajimobi Condemns Alleged Violence At Olubadan’s Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.