Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,109 members, 7,814,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos (29057 Views)

Saraki Looking At Buhari At APC Convention This Way Again (Photos) / FG Vs Dino Melaye: Senator "Tears Eyes" Again (Photos) / "I Have Had One Wristwatch In 17 Years" - Peter Obi Lies Again (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by chache: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hmmm what a Youth
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
weird
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by SenorFax(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yeye dey wori dem

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wayo Allah grin
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by AntiWailer: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
elantraceey:
Inasmuch as some of them there are just looking for their pockets, their demands is not too much to ask.

Yes I saw the demands and I agree with you.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2017
the number of jobless touts we have roaming this country is alarming....

1 Like

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by visijo(m): 2:03pm On Sep 17, 2017
which dance will be dancing now in Akwa ibom?
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Osu175(m): 2:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wisebird22:
it stil ongoin at eket,last week the yous at ibeno came abt 5:10 am and droped two caskets in fron of the gates and they wer given a token and d went home...av been to ibeno there ais no presenc felt by the ibeno comumity...it just nw der are constructin roads for dem,no good primary skol,no hospital etc,inshort the elders of the community hav mortage d futuers for cheap imatiriaals

The first day I went to ibeno, i weeped for them.. No road, no school, no hospital.

The only thing there are fine girls, fish, high cost of living

Zaria where i grow up is hundred times better than Ibeno. Ibeno ll be competing with Hunkuyi villa and tomorrow when dis people will say they want breaking out, nigeria ll send soldiers to kill them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by SirdeKay: 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
For those clamouring for the relocation of the headquarters of oil companies to the volatile oil producing companies, this is another disservice. How do you expect the companies to relocate to your area when the companies already on ground are daily harassed and extorted? At times, the employees of these companies are kidnapped or even killed. These companies pay taxes and rates to all layers of government yet they are still expected to play the role of government by providing roads, hospitals, scholarships, schools, employment and other empowerment programmes.
Any oil company that wants to give back to the host communities should be encouraged and not harassed or intimidated.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Holyrule(m): 2:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
REVOLUTION IS COMING... IT IS NEAR
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by FIDELITY24(m): 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
This ones are just looking for free money, most of them are not even qualified to be employed in the said company. All i see is a bunch of cultist causing nuisance in the community.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by lafuria1(m): 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
Funny people, 2017, no more free money from government, so they need to continue disturbing the oil companies for money through disruption of their activities. All their demand na wash. The leaders know the right things to do.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Izonpikin: 2:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
See slaves

Fight for resource control instead.. The black man never fights for long lasting solutions.. Call for a referendum and figh for resource control ....
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by akigbemaru: 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
dainformant:
Four days going as youth that play host to ExxonMobil barricaded all routes leading to the company operational facilities blocking all vehicular activities including the company helipad insisting that the company must meet all their demands as contained in the series of letters they sent before the blockage can be lifted.

They expressed displeasure on the lukewarm attitude of the management of the company for treating their concern with levity, promising to frustrate any deal or negotiation that is contrary to the demands of the host communities.

According to one of the youth who spoke on condition of anonymity stated there is the world where oil is explore and the host communities lived in penury with decay infrastructure. "I have never seen any where in the world where oil is drill and the people of the area lived in self pity. This is only happening in Akwa Ibom State because of our peaceful disposition. We will never fold our arms and watch our God given resources being used to develop other areas while our people are watching from the sideline," he emphasized.

The youth demanded for relocation of ExxonMobil operational office to the host communities, employment of indigenes in the company, empowerment of youth in the area, provision of infrastructural facilities among others.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/youths-dance-round-coffin-ambush-oil-company-akwa-ibom-photos.html
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by sainty2k3(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
This is not bad , though I suspect the oil company might have paid some big shot in that community who are selfishly enjoying the benefits.
As for the employment, how many of them have the right qualifications to work in an oil company?
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by muller101(m): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2017
Wisebird22:
it stil ongoin at eket,last week the yous at ibeno came abt 5:10 am and droped two caskets in fron of the gates and they wer given a token and d went home...av been to ibeno there ais no presenc felt by the ibeno comumity...it just nw der are constructin roads for dem,no good primary skol,no hospital etc,inshort the elders of the community hav mortage d futuers for cheap imatiriaals
RIP English
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by muller101(m): 2:47pm On Sep 17, 2017
baby124:
I hope if they relocate, all the indegenes of akwa Ibom in Lagos will relocate out of Lagos too.
meaning all the Akwa ibom people in Lagos are working in ExxonMobil HQ.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by baby124: 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
muller101:
meaning all the Akwa ibom people in Lagos are working in ExxonMobil HQ.
Meaning only Lagosians are benefitting from Exxon Mobil being in Lagos right? You can't fight for what is convenient. Make sure you finish the fight by relocating all Akwa Ibom people with the headquarters now. Of what benefit are you to Lagosians other than eating in two places at once. You can't eat your cake and have it.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by tempest01(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ñ
sainty2k3:
This is not bad , though I suspect the oil company might have paid some big shot in that community who are selfishly enjoying the benefits.
As for the employment, how many of them have the right qualifications to work in an oil company?

How would you say that in for communities with millions, there are none with qualifications to work?

It is my community and there are hundreds of qualified youth.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Kingspin(m): 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
Those of you in the other side who distaste true stories..hate justices but like injustice. Nigeria keep burning until............
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by BigIyanga: 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hate speech brewing ... operation black mamba loading
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Donsammi(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
jrusky:
I support them 100% these people are the only people in Nigeria that has the right to agitate for anything because they sit on top oil and they are bring neglected and all their lands was shattered due ti uncontrolled oil dpillage over their water and soil I really pity these people a lot so anyday anytime I support SS demanding for anything.

IMO state is also part of ND! they gat oil too...and a bad leader ..
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by sainty2k3(m): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
tempest01:
Ñ

How would you say that in for communities with millions, there are none with qualifications to work?

It is my community and there are hundreds of qualified youth.
According NBS statistics many Nigeria youth are not just unemployed but also unemployable , remember this is not just about having BSc but also the necessary skills and certifications.
If there are people in that community with right qualification then the oil coy should do the needful
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by seunfape(m): 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
Blizzy9ja:
Asking them to move their HQ to the region is not a bad one... if you cant have your hq here den quit exploring the resources... Go and explore wherever you have your HQ... At least they have water you can explore d water and export it
I don laf die here .
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by seunfape(m): 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
I like this at least they try Make Buhari no bring operation python dance to this oo because they are right .they fit headquarter location they explore anything they get like soil, wood even sheet
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by muller101(m): 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
baby124:

Meaning only Lagosians are benefitting from Exxon Mobil being in Lagos right? You can't fight for what is convenient. Make sure you finish the fight by relocating all Akwa Ibom people with the headquarters now. Of what benefit are you to Lagosians other than eating in two places at once. You can't eat your cake and have it.
meaning Akwaibomites working in other sectors in Lagos will move out as well when ExxonMobil HQ is relocate to Akwa ibom. If that's the case so lagosians working in other sectors in Akwa ibom State will relocate as well grin
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by pellummy(m): 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
It pityful the rascalism of unemployed youth, looking for stippen to live on ....reason your high chiefs son collect money oooo
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by baby124: 4:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
muller101:
meaning Akwaibomites working in other sectors in Lagos will move out as well when ExxonMobil HQ is relocate to Akwa ibom. If that's the case so lagosians working in other sectors in Akwa ibom State will relocate as well grin
Of course. Well now you see how stupid the protest is.
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by phineas: 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Irresponsible wasteful generation.They do not realize their interactions with the foreign companies will determine their development.

So instead of organizing themselves into a sane group with a lawyer or 2 and make their requests known.

1. ask for a ssatellite office first.
2. Protect their staffs by all means and at all cost.spread the word should anyone attacks them and you all will hold them liable

3.play the position of good hosts for a few years.during which you establish a system that builds confidence

4.then request for their headquarters in your region.

but what do the geniuses of the land do,

They carry coffins and dance in front of their offices.

By taking this approach.they may dance forever no sane investor would move the lives of his staff and multi dollar investment into their community to please a group of overgrown street urchins backed by their mothers. These youths need to grow up and think fast.repackage their requests and remember it takes a lot to bring foreign investors into your land and they have a part to play.

lastly ask yourselves what is Lagos doing right
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by Hajardramadan(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
do it with sense else you'll be inviting a very large python dance
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by tutudesz: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
DanielsParker:
I wonder what the protest is for? ExxonMobil is in their land and so what?

ExxonMobil is an American multinational oil and gas corporation not even indigenous
undecided
Double Standard! A supporter of Ipob condemning another protest!
Re: Youths Dance Round Coffin As They Ambush Oil Company In Akwa Ibom Again. Photos by dembularrr: 4:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
DanielsParker:
I wonder what the protest is for? ExxonMobil is in their land and so what?

ExxonMobil is an American multinational oil and gas corporation not even indigenous
undecided

Indomie kid. Expressing ignorance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Train Attack: Abducted Pregnant Passenger Gives Birth In Captivity / 25 APC Presidential Aspirants (Full List) / Niger-Delta Group Condemns Tompolo's Acquisition Of War Ships.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.