Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

7 Things To Avoid When Meeting A Girl For The First Time - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / 7 Things To Avoid When Meeting A Girl For The First Time (777 Views)

Interested In Meeting A Young Lady In Lagos / I'm So Ho*ny I Need A Girl For Hot S€x In Ogun State / Girl For Paid Hookup In Owode Egba, Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Things To Avoid When Meeting A Girl For The First Time by Fhaysal: 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2017
There is this girl you have had a crush on for a while, and you are not sure if she likes you or not. How will you get to know that, only one way to find out, talk to her! But talking to any girl may seem hard or scary, many things could go wrong, she might not be into you and a list of other things but most atimes the reason a girl will ignore you the first time you talk to her is because of how and when you tried to spark a conversation.
It may seem rather irrelevant but there are few things as a guy, you have to consider before approaching any girl. Trust me on this, a good number of guys have been slapped because of some of these reasons. From ‘personal experience’ as well as a little research, I was able to gather few tips that will get you on the girl’s good side, and who knows, you might just get lucky.
. Approaching them in the wrong setting
Location. Location. Location. A lot of guys make this mistake of approaching a lady almost anywhere, but trust me, there are places you do not want to try your luck in, else you end up getting snubbed mor worse getting slapped. Stressful environment like workplace, class (most cases immediately after a long lecture), emotional environment like funeral, I mean who asks a girl out at a funeral? Respect the dead, brother!
. Bad joke
If it is not necessary don’t make any joke, show how serious you are, but don’t be all ‘Mr Agent-saving-the-world’ kind of serious, just serious enough for her to understand you mean ‘business’. A bad joke won’t be good on your resume, you are still at the getting-to-know-each-other-phase, an ignorant or sexist joke will allow her to make up her mind about your personality.
. Talking about yourself a lot
‘ ‘ This guy is self centered!’’ These are the kind of thoughts that will be running through her head when the whole discussion is geared towards YOU. Everybody enjoys talking about theirselves especially when there is something to brag about, but think about how she feels, ask her about her work or school and make the discussion of mutual interest.
. Starting out shy or timid
Believe me I know the feeling, walking up to a girl and expressing yourself in words can sometimes be the most difficult thing to do at that moment but don’t, I repeat don’t walk up to a girl and start out shy. Just approach her in a friendly, honest way, most women will respond positively to that.
. Using corny pick up lines
Believe me, this is not a movie where you meet a girl and tell her she looks like an angel that fell from heaven and she will be grinning with all her teeth. This is real life, pick up lines…….. well I will preferably not use any.
. Try and take it to the next level too quickly
As a guy, I understand the feeling when the girl is laughing hysterically at your jokes or from time to time she rests on your shoulder or touches your arm. Still don’t get that feeling she’s so into you, there are still boundaries, be patient, allow there to be some mystery from her end as well to wonder if you really like her or not. Play it cool bro!
. Assuming she’s already into you
Being confident might have its advantage but being too confident is not ideal. Just because you flash her a smile from afar and she returns the favor doesn’t mean she’s into, maybe she is just being polite. Believe, a lot of girls have met good looking guys with bad personality, no matter how good looking you are, you still need to show how nice and funny you are.
These are a few out of many do’s and don’ts of first meeting with a girl, mind you, following these rules doesn’t exactly mean you will get the girl, but they will save you from embarrassing yourself (maybe she’s just not into you)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need A Serious Relationship / Yankee Hook Up Sites Or App / Will You Go On With The Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.