Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins (49909 Views)

Police Launch Manhunt For Reporter Who Shared IGP Idris’ 'Transmission' Video / Fayose Poses In Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Ruling (photos) / Fayose In Abuja Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Trial (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by Olaniawo20: 3:42am On Sep 17, 2017
TROOPS yesterday launched a manhunt for Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) leader Nnamdi Kanu , barely 24 hours after the group’s proscription.

Nothing has been heard about Kanu since the proscription.

Some sources yesterday said he had gone underground.

Kanu is on bail for the alleged treason charges preferred against him.

The Nation learnt yesterday that his bail sureties might be asked by the security agencies to account for him.

Besides, security agencies are probing IPOB leader’s alleged foreign links.

Investigators are said to be analysing a video clip of Kanu and a Turkish citizen as part of the probe.

A source, while confirming the search for Kanu, said: “Troops have been given a firm order to fish out and arrest the IPOB leader. As a prelude to it, the Defence Headquarters on Friday declared IPOB as a terrorist organisation.

“Intelligence has, however, revealed that Kanu might have gone underground. As I speak with you, troops have actually searched his house and he was not found there.Troops have a mandate to arrest him wherever he might be.”

Asked what if he is not found the source said: “ We might follow legal process by holding his sureties responsible. These sureties will have to produce him.”

On the probe of Kanu’s alleged foreign links , another source said:”We are looking into the allegations of foreign support for Kanu. We are doing a profiling of his foreign contacts. We have some clues but we need to dig deeper.”

The Nation can also confirm that government insisted on non-withdrawal of soldiers from Abia State to avoid a situation whereby the IPOB will “take advantage and unleash mayhem” on innocent citizens.

Sources said the presidency overruled Abia State Governor Okezie Ikpeazu on the withdrawal of troops because the police alone could not cope with the “grave security” situation.

“The governor wanted a political solution to a military matter. But the federal government cannot watch and allow the situation to degenerate,” one of the sources said.

“Before Kanu was released on bail, these same governors in the Southeast, political leaders from the zone and others prevailed on the federal government to allow him home.

“Some of these governors and Igbo leaders made a commitment that they would ensure that Kanu did not abuse his bail conditions.

“The government bent backwards and ensured that Kanu was released on bail. But you can see what has happened. All those who gave the guarantee that Kanu would respect his bail bond have been made to look foolish.

“Intelligence on IPOB revealed that without troops on the streets, the situation would have been worse.”

The Embassy of the United States has asked Americans in Abia and Plateau states to review their security and maintain a high level of vigilance.

The Embassy’s cautionary note was contained in its travel alert.

It said: “Curfews have been declared in Abia and Plateau states because of violent attacks accompanied by threats of reprisals.

“Exercise caution in these areas; review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates.

“Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.”

The National Leader (Southsouth) of Action Democratic Party (ADP), Senator Roland Owie, yesterday faulted the declaration of IPOB as a terrorist organisation.

In a statement in Abuja, Owie said the declaration smacked of double standards.

He said: “Now that IPOB has been declared ‘Terrorist group, the government should immediately declare Fulani herdsmen, Terrorist group.”

Owie added: “I urge President Muhammadu Buhari-led federal government to walk the way of justice and equity in handling the affairs of Nigeria and stop pretending that all is well.

“The gravest mistake of non-equitable administrations all over the world is the denial of wrongdoings on their part. Unfortunately for such administrations, they forget that God cannot be mocked.”

“Gravitation will help a person if he builds the side of his house straight and plumb; but gravitation will oppose him and make his house fall down if he builds it out of plumb.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/thenationonlineng.net/troops-launch-manhunt-kanu-probe-foreign-links-begins/amp/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by HungerBAD: 3:45am On Sep 17, 2017
Lol.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by odiereke(m): 4:08am On Sep 17, 2017
It is becoming more interesting

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 17, 2017
That's the best thing to do by kanu
no leader ever surrenders himself to the opposition.
From Adolf Hitler to Idi amin to ojukwu and
even the onilorin of Ilorin that ran to ogbomoso from danfodio army.

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by 9jvirgin(m): 4:40am On Sep 17, 2017
Immediately he is arrested, he should first be checked into a mental home. No sane human will put the lives of hungry people on the line for no reason.

I love Operation Python Dance. I am waiting for Operation Trump's Madness to be deployed to smoke him out of his hiding. Stoopid Eediot Cownu.

223 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by GrandMufti: 4:44am On Sep 17, 2017
Waiting for the manhunt of Shekau to begin. He has caused more harm to the Nigerian state than Nnamdi Kanu. But then, 'an attack on boko haram, is an attack on the north'.

Let's keep running in circles until our mumu do.

***modified***

It seems my post have unsettled some persons this sweet Sunday morning. Well don't bother to quote me with insults. My post is not worth anyone's anger. Happy weekend.

333 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by TheCabal02: 4:45am On Sep 17, 2017
9jvirgin:
Immediately he is arrested, he should first be checked into a mental home. No sane human will put the lives of hungry people on the line for no reason

Anambra businessmen .. want him dead. And they won't stop. Till he's gone.

They want to be stronger than dangote. Nnamdi has made their rise to the top even harder.

Innoson and Andy are not smiling. Innoson is growing powerful with every car he makes, Innoson has many friends in.the center. Including Aliko, femi and Funke.

He should have never walked into anambra state.

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by Nwodosis(m): 4:47am On Sep 17, 2017
His name has been inscribed in book of those that fought for Biafra Freedom even if his era comes to an end now!

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by BALLOSKI: 4:50am On Sep 17, 2017
Lol! The ohamadike himself is on the run from the army of the zoo he threatened to bring down. Where is dilekto? Bring back our 'blave'(brave) dilekto!
If you pray for rain, prepare for flood- Python dance(2017)

125 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by TheCabal02: 4:53am On Sep 17, 2017
TheCabal02:

They want to be stronger than dangote. Nnamdi has made their rise to the top even harder.

Innoson and Andy are not smiling. Innoson is growing powerful with every car he makes, Innoson has many friends in.the center. Including Aliko, femi and Funke.

He should have never walked into anambra state. Anambra state businessmen are too powerful. They have friends everywhere.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by Yyeske(m): 4:58am On Sep 17, 2017
9jvirgin:
Immediately he is arrested, he should first be checked into a mental home. No sane human will put the lives of hungry people on the line for no reason
No, he must be hanged and silenced forever because he has caused much harm

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by Yyeske(m): 5:01am On Sep 17, 2017
Nwodosis:
His name has been inscribed in book of those that fought for Biafra Freedom even if his era comes to an end now!
He fought for self Aggradizement and wealth not for Biafra

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by Yyeske(m): 5:04am On Sep 17, 2017
TheCabal02:

Ndi Anambra are after him and have been making it clear that he's a dead man if we get him for poking his nose into our election and business

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by policy12: 5:07am On Sep 17, 2017
He is now on the run? Ipob before and after operation python dance..

159 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by ironheart(m): 5:16am On Sep 17, 2017
Have you all noticed that all the guys typing Afonjja have chicken out of nairaland as well?

Having brain is better than mouth.

Despite the igbo race having the highest number of proverbs which are educative n pack with wisdom, kanu lack wisdom.

217 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by 9jvirgin(m): 5:50am On Sep 17, 2017
Nwodosis:

His name will be inscribed in the book of the saddistic, mentally deranged and the most stoopid individual that ever cross the face of the earth.

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by nerodenero: 6:00am On Sep 17, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu, stop the unnecessary sacrifice of innocent Igbo youths, majority of them are very foolish and gullible. The rich ones including your family are far away while you sacrifice the lives of the poor ones.

While I don't support the approach of PMB, your struggle and agitation, I support but your metholody will never give birth to Biafra.

Igbo polithiefcians and leaders wants Nigeria more than Biafra. Without their support, Biafra is dead before her arrival. Going forward and if Nigeria continue to exist, the chances that an Igbo President will emerge any time soon looks like a mirage.

The military killed Ken Saro Wiwa and MKO and nothing happened. I believe if Buhari kills Nnamdi Kanu in this dispensation, nothing will happen because the charges against him are too numerous and death penalty might be considered.

Be wise, change your approach, live so that you can continue the struggle.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by ritababe(f): 6:19am On Sep 17, 2017
TheCabal02:

what is innocent business with Kanu? you guys have shift the blame from afonja people.

why not go and burn innoson company down so that you guys won't have any major company in South East again.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 6:28am On Sep 17, 2017
BREAKING NEWS
Nnamdi Kanu flees to Cotonu, begs Buhari for amnesty

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by 400billionman: 6:43am On Sep 17, 2017
I will prefer an environment where everyone is peaceful and satisfied. Not where people hide in rat holes..

God bless Yaradua and GEJ.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by 400billionman: 6:52am On Sep 17, 2017
GrandMufti:
Waiting for the manhunt of Shekau. He has caused more harm to the Nigerian state than Nnamdi Kanu. But then, 'an attack on boko haram, is an attack on the north'.

Let's keep running in circles until our mumu do.

Our mentality is still very low. Reflected in our economy, leadership style and human relations.

No wonder, our country prefers whip than books. We hate learned leaders because we spur the unlearned ones to satisfy our inhumane cravings.

Nuff said.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by UduMgbo1: 7:11am On Sep 17, 2017
[s]
ritababe:

what is innocent business with Kanu? you guys have shift the blame from afonja people.

why not go and burn innoson company down so that you guys won't have any major company in South East again.
[/s]
shatap there and get out
what do you know apart from telemundo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by deepwater(f): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2017
Danielmoore:
That's the best thing to do by kanu
no leader ever surrenders himself to the opposition.
From Adolf Hitler to Idi amin to ojukwu and
even the onilorin of Ilorin that ran to ogbomoso from danfodio army.
Really

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by omenka(m): 7:20am On Sep 17, 2017
This Nigger go hear ween. cheesy

Let me look under here, I think i can hear something grunting..

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by UduMgbo1: 7:21am On Sep 17, 2017
[s]
omenka:
This Nigger go hear ween. cheesy

Let me look under here, I think i can hear something grunting..
[/s]
old sad junkies everywhere

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by omowolewa: 7:29am On Sep 17, 2017
The damage on ground needs a lot of years to be cleaned up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by tsdarkside(m): 7:42am On Sep 17, 2017
UduMgbo1:
[s][/s]
shatap there and get out
what do you know apart from telemundo

stop stalking her... angry angry angry

when you think we will not defend our women then you know nothing....

because you believe we are cursed still will not stop us from defending our women... angry angry angry angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by UduMgbo1: 7:44am On Sep 17, 2017
tsdarkside:

stop stalking her... angry angry angry
e concern you?
Stop poking nose in husband and wife matter
ritababe is my sweetheart
and I love her
so get out!
bad belle

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by tsdarkside(m): 7:45am On Sep 17, 2017
UduMgbo1:
e concern you?
Stop poking nose in husband and wife matter
ritababe is my sweetheart
so get out!

she already told you to stop following her around... angry angry angry

are you deaf or what..??... angry angry angry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by UduMgbo1: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2017
[s]
tsdarkside:

she already told you to stop following her around... angry angry angry

her you deaf or what..??... angry angry angry
[/s][/s][s]
shatap there and get out
it's none of your damn business if i follow anyone or not
i repeat ritababe is my bae
stop poke nosing
now get out

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by tsdarkside(m): 7:48am On Sep 17, 2017
UduMgbo1:
[/s][s][s][/s]
shatap there and get out
it's none of your damn business if i follow anyone or not
i repeat ritababe is my bae
stop poke nosing
now get out

go bae a goat..

stop disturbing her....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Launch Manhunt For Nnamdi Kanu As Probe Of Foreign Links Begins by Allwility: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2017

I keep saying it, Nnamdi Kanu is a British Secret Agent. How did he acquire his British citizenship? Besides, why is there no trace of him since he graduated from LMU?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MURIC: Hanan Buhari Flying On Presidential Jet Is An Inspiration To The Youth / APC Celebration In Elele, Rivers Turns Bloody As Bullets Hit 4 People (Pics) / UBA Burnt And Burgled In Akwa Ibom Over Naira Scarcity (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.