Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,257 members, 7,853,280 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:33 PM

Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? (1395 Views)

Onnoghen Residence Under Siege By Security / Akwa Ibom State House Of Assembly Under Siege Again / Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly Under Siege By SARS (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
For a thousand and one times, it has been re-iterated here that Abakaliki and the rest of Ebonyi state are not part of the Biafran struggle and are devoted to a United and peaceful Nigeria that is as much restructured.

For weeks now, the media has been awash with news and pictures of dead IPoB protesters in Aba, umuahia and some parts of SE, however, of certain interest Was The peacefulness and spirit of calm present across Ebonyi state entirely.

It is alleged that the Governor, though in PDP, is sympathetic to the Buhari-led APC federal government . That can't be proven, however Governor Umahi chaired the SE Governor's forum that proscribed IPOB activities in the SE and recently, has been reported to be part of Buhari 's entourage, traveling to the US today or tomorrow.

As I report to you now, there are no visible soldiers or military check points anywhere in Abakaliki and Ebonyi state entirely, apart from the ones that has been In existence before now.

Infact, it is safe to say that the python is not dancing in Ebonyi state and Ebonyians are happy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by HungerBAD: 1:51pm On Sep 17, 2017
Good.

A sensible Governor in a sensible state. Ebonyi State is sensible,end of discussion.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2017
Silly question

Very silly question
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
HungerBAD:
Good.

A sensible Governor in a sensible state.

Governor Umahi is extremely security conscious and a firm lover of one Nigeria, he shows it in his speeches and actions.

About last year he donated trailers of Abakaliki rice to IDP camps in Borno and the entire NE.

He loves Nigeria and Nigerians irrespective of ethnic differences. All Nigerians are welcome to invest and live in Ebonyi so far they don't cause mayhem.

IPOB disgusts Dave Umahi and Ebonyians love their daily work. No one is ready to join useless IPOB protests and that is why it has never occurred in Abakaliki.

9 Likes

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Silly question

Very silly question

The question is not for you to answer. The answer is in my original post.
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by HungerBAD: 1:56pm On Sep 17, 2017
Funnicator:

Governor Umahi is extremely security conscious and a firm lover of one Nigeria, he shows it in his speeches and actions.

About last year he donated trailers of Abakaliki rice to IDP camps in Borno and the entire NE.

He loves Nigeria and Nigerians irrespective of ethnic differences. All Nigerians are welcome to invest and live in Ebonyi so far they don't cause mayhem.

IPOB disgusts Dave Umahi and Ebonyians love their daily work. No one is ready to join useless IPOB protests and that is why it has never occurred in Abakaliki.

I see in him somebody that has the potential to rule Nigeria.

I will campaign and vote for him if he decides to go for the Presidency. He looks like a unifier and not a divider.

He has my respect.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
Funnicator:

The question is not for you to answer. The answer is in my original post.
I don't care undecided
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
HungerBAD:

I see in him somebody that has the potential to rule Nigeria.

I will campaign and vote for him. He looks like a unifier and not a divider.

He has my respect.

Dave Umahi is extremely detribalized and a preacher of one unified Nigeria.
His governance in Ebonyi is so far, the best the state has experienced since democratic dispensation in terms of infrastructural uplift and peace maintenance.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
FortifiedCity:
I don't care undecided

Then don't comment
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by HungerBAD: 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
Funnicator:

His governance in Ebonyi is so far, the best the state has experienced since democratic dispensation in terms of infrastructural uplift and peace maintenance.

I believe you.

My Cousin is serving there as a Police Officer,and we spoke just yesterday.

He says good things about the man.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
Funnicator:

Then don't comment
Then don't post
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
HungerBAD:
Good.

A sensible Governor in a sensible state. Ebonyi State is sensible,end of discussion.

Maybe he is, maybe he's not.

Still, it doesn't justify the fact that the military invasion of the South East to counter a supposed uprising which has been hitherto comparatively peaceful and within the ambits of international law was needless and a disarrangement of national priorities considering the fact that the underlying triggers of such uprisings haven't been tackled.

I am Ibibio; I vehemently refuse the idea of my people being lumped in a non-defined map of Biafra but the humanity in me still thrives.

There are countless Igbos who refuse the idea of Biafra but you hunt them all with the majority of us - the other tribes - cheering them on as they are killed in the South and North.

HungerBad, your humanity is dead!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
HungerBAD:

I believe you.

I'm delighted. IPOB are advised to steer clear of Ebonyi state for their own good. Otherwise the good people of Ebonyi will firmly resist them and point them out to the military to do the needful.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by HungerBAD: 2:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Funnicator:

I'm delighted. IPOB are advised to steer clear of Ebonyi state for their own good. Otherwise the good people of Ebonyi will firmly resist them and point them out to the military to do the needful.

Nice.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by FTrebirth(m): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheSonOfMark:

Still, it doesn't justify the fact that the military invasion of the South East to counter a supposed uprising which has been hitherto comparatively peaceful and with the ambits of international law was needless and disarrangement of national priorities considering the fact that the underlying triggers of such uprisings haven't been tackled.

I'm Ibibio, I vehemently refuse the idea of my people being lumped in a non-defined map of Biafra but the humanity in me still thrives.

There are countless Igbos who refuse the idea of Biafra but you hunt them all with the majority of us - the other tribes - cheering them on as they are killed in the South and North.

i can't agree more or less. cheesy

where have you been, though?

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by TheSonOfMark(m): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
FTrebirth:
i can't agree more or less. cheesy
where have you been, though?
Here, there and a mention/quote away.
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by FTrebirth(m): 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheSonOfMark:

Here, there and a mention/quote away.
alright, man...stay cool.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by HungerBAD: 2:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheSonOfMark:

Still, it doesn't justify the fact that the military invasion of the South East to counter a supposed uprising which has been hitherto comparatively peaceful and within the ambits of international law was needless and a disarrangement of national priorities considering the fact that the underlying triggers of such uprisings haven't been tackled.

I am Ibibio; I vehemently refuse the idea of my people being lumped in a non-defined map of Biafra but the humanity in me still thrives.

This one hurts.

To think one of the very few persons i respect a lot here,can even think this low about me is a betrayal on your part.

I am not in the business of ever replying my mentions.

But for you,i will take out that time to have that discussion with you.

I am not Anti-Igbo. And neither do i advocate for the use of force. I am just Anti- IPOB.

There are plenty of blames to go round on all sides.

But this would not have been started,if IPOB have not fired the first salvo of missiles(violence). Nigeria is still a country of laws?and Kanu with his miserable followers are subject to the laws of the land.

I am about to leave for Church service,and next time we will continue this discussion.

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by kelechi50: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
Funnicator:

please the infrastructural uplift you mentioned have not reached my community and other surrounding communities like Umeh, Izo and Ogagbo Igbudu, no road, water, hospital and light. All in Ikwo, So please want can you say about it . PA to Governor on infrastructure and media
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by TheSonOfMark(m): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
HungerBAD:

This one hurts.

To think one of the very few persons i respect a lot here,can even think this low about me is a betrayal on your part.

I am not in the business of ever replying my mentions.

But for you,i will take out that time to have that discussion with you.

Respect? HungerBad? TheSonOfMark? Our e-paths rarely ever cross so what's with playing the 'I-Respect-You' card as a get-away outlet? Your subtle attempt at emotional blackmail is as ineffective as water corroding gold. smiley

I am not Anti-Igbo. And neither do i advocate for the use of force. I am just Anti- IPOB.
I have been engaged with countless Igbo-ascribing monikers on tribal spats when provoked but would I hail a not-so-veiled massacre targeted at them? Hell would have to freeze over first.

Of course, you're not anti-Igbo - you are anti-justice and pro-marginalization.

There are plenty of blames to go round on all sides.

But this would not have been started,if IPOB have not fired the first salvo of missiles(violence). Nigeria is still a countryy of laws?and Kanu with his miserable followers are subject to the laws of the land.
Hogwash! The military invasion of a relatively peaceful region is an act of biased aggression itself. [/quote]

I am about to leave for Church service,and next time we will continue this discussion.

[b] Predictable retort. Typical of us Africans to try to hypocritically project ourselves as pseudo -sanctimonious to evade criticisms even when we err.

You've probably attended more church programmes this year than I have in last thirty months but even a daily immersion in River Jordan itself wouldn't change the obvious - YOUR HUMANITY IS DEAD! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
kelechi50:
please the infrastructural uplift you mentioned have not reached my community and other surrounding communities like Umeh, Izo and Ogagbo Igbudu, no road, water, hospital and light. All in Ikwo, So please want can you say about it . PA to Governor on infrastructure and media

Be calm, governance is a continuous process, continue to be law abiding and remain objective, government shall continue to look into every nook and cranny of Ebonyi state to better the lot of the people. Remember, he is about two years in office.

I'm sure your hit track will change for good by 2019.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nemesis1: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2017
No state is under siege, army announced its training in 5 south eastern states , only the idiots in Abia chose to attack soldiers going their own jejely

1 Like

Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by EricSmallz(m): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2017
HungerBAD:

I believe you.
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by oladeebo: 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2017
lovely.
I'll visit Ebonyi soon
oladeebo
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by lomprico(m): 5:12pm On Sep 17, 2017
Funnicator:
For a thousand and one times, it has been re-iterated here that Abakaliki and the rest of Ebonyi state are not part of the Biafran struggle and are devoted to a United and peaceful Nigeria that is as much restructured.

For weeks now, the media has been awash with news and pictures of dead IPoB protesters in Aba, umuahia and some parts of SE, however, of certain interest Was The peacefulness and spirit of calm present across Ebonyi state entirely.

It is alleged that the Governor, though in PDP, is sympathetic to the Buhari-led APC federal government . That can't be proven, however Governor Umahi chaired the SE Governor's forum that proscribed IPOB activities in the SE and recently, has been reported to be part of Buhari 's entourage, traveling to the US today or tomorrow.

As I report to you now, there are no visible soldiers or military check points anywhere in Abakaliki and Ebonyi state entirely, apart from the ones that has been In existence before now.

Infact, it is safe to say that the python is not dancing in Ebonyi state and Ebonyians are happy.

Apart from imo and abia, where is the army laying siege?
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by kelechi50: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
Funnicator:

Be calm, governance is a continuous process, continue to be law abiding and remain objective, government shall continue to look into every nook and cranny of Ebonyi state to better the lot of the people. Remember, he is about two years in office.

I'm sure your hit track will change for good by 2019.
please do you know that two years is enough for any government to effect any area that have never been touched by previous government. Please let the government do something now and not wait till 2019
Re: Why Is Abakaliki Not Under Siege??? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
lomprico:

Apart from imo and abia, where is the army laying siege?
Well, I just hope the IPOB will not extend their useless agitation to peaceful Ebonyi because we don't want clashes with the military.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

CCTV Caught Nigerian Army Looting IPOB Leader’s House – Kanu’s Lawyer / Why Apc With Adams Oshiomhole Is A Time Bomb / Kwankwaso Mobbed By Crowd As He Arrives Niger State PDP Office.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.