Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,203 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture (1365 Views)

How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage? / ABU Zaria First Nigerian University To Manufacture Cars / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture by idiopathic: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2010
Hi Nairalanders,
Which would you consider more important when making a decision to buy a car.
The vehicles mileage or year of production assuming all other.
For example, if you have a 2005 Nissan Murano with 50 000 miles and 2007 model with 90000 miles.
Kindly give your reasons please
Re: Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture by KunleA2(m): 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2010
The year of the car is pointless if the car is not in working perfectly. Whatever you are trying to buy, make sure that its the true mileage and go from there.
Re: Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture by beecrofty(m): 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2010
i think both is very important
Re: Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture by olumideba: 9:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
4 me, I will go 4 d mileage
Re: Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture by lomaxbien(m): 1:48pm On Mar 06, 2010
shocked hey it has to be the mileage 1st,thats the most important.
Re: Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture by 1Achiever(m): 8:02pm On Mar 07, 2010
there are lots of things to consider, personally mileage and man year dont mean anything to me. the physical appearance and performance matters most to me. it all depends on how it was used and maintained, if the car has only 30k and was brutally used then u should think twice. but the ball is ur ur court so u knw what to do. just make sure its in a good condition and the mechanical systems are not weak. good luck

1 Like

Re: Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture by corvell: 12:22pm On Mar 02, 2023
I think that mileage is much more important to consider than the year of manufacture. Considering the year over mileage is as pointless as reading about the linear weigher packing machine. Just trust me on that.
Re: Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:37am On Mar 03, 2023
idiopathic:
Hi Nairalanders,
Which would you consider more important when making a decision to buy a car.
The vehicles mileage or year of production assuming all other.
For example, if you have a 2005 Nissan Murano with 50 000 miles and 2007 model with 90000 miles.
Kindly give your reasons please

for most african people they go for mileage, not knowing that on average in eg UK average year mileage is 7000 - 10000 so a 18 year old car with 50000miles thats on average 2777miles per year, if that mileage is true then there should be any worn out interior and noise suspension

Glasgow to Gatwick Aiport i can clock over 1000miles back and forth

In western europe, the body would be perfect but suspension, high mileage and worn out interior would be common reflecting how old is the car

If those cars have so much low mileage versus their age why do end up mostly being sold abroad, than local
Re: Mileage Versus Year Of Manufacture by Manuella4ace: 9:48pm On Mar 03, 2023
None, a healthy car is what I'll go for

(1) (Reply)

My Rearview Mirror Keeps Dropping Off / Anyone With Price Of Nissan Pathfinder Jeep And Its Durability? / See What Lexus Did With 1700 Pieces Of Cardboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.