Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President (1428 Views)

Tribal Politics Is Used As Divide And Conquer Strategy By Politicians To Loot / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo / Nigeria’s Problems Started With Awo’s Introduction Of Tribal Politics — Unongo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Kazim88: 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
President of Uganda, Yoweri Museveni, has advised Nigerians to stop playing politics influenced by tribal sentiments.
Museveni stressed that Nigeria can achieve necessary growth and development when its leaders avoid politics of tribal sentiment.

He gave the call while delivering a lecture at the National Defence College, Abuja.
The lecture, which was for the inauguration of Course 26 participants, was titled, ‘Sub-regional cooperation and the stability of member states: Economic Community of East African States in perspective.’
Museveni said progress will be made when various tribes work together peacefully.
He said, “It is high time Nigerians stopped saying ‘I am for the Yoruba; I am for the Hausa.

“Where I come from, we have many cows and milk. But my kinsmen can’t buy my cows because they also have their own cows. I have cows. They have milk. I have milk. The people who help me to make money are the people from other tribes.
“Human resources are more important than natural resources. Look at Japan. The country has no oil, but it is one of the most prosperous nations in the world.
“It has human resources driving development in the country.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/17/nigeria-playing-tribal-politics-ugandan-president/
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Afam4eva(m): 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
He should advise our president who started divisive politics in this regime.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 17, 2017
When people you think you are better than, start advising you on how to live in peace, that is when you know you have bleeped up and never merited being called 'better'.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Omeokachie: 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
Mr Museveni, you do not reprimand your host right to his face.

Dont make Buhari to move his body like a snake man for you o.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Kazim88: 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by hucienda: 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Tribal politics is the bane in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by MalcoImX: 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:
In Nl here, hate speech and divisive politics have reduced 95% with the taking out of the terrorist. We pray to see that on other terrains.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by omenka(m): 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afam4eva:
Everyone look below and see who's talking.

This was long before Buhari became the president.

Afam, shame no dey catch you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
Tribalism is one of the major setbacks we face as Nigerians, God knows why he did not make us world power the world for hear am all these blacklivesmatter would have included whitelivesmatter ipob lives matter ibibio lives matter efik lives matter etc.
Imagine how many developed countries zone presidency or even governorship in other climes if I live in texas for a certain period of time but I was born in Florida and my father is from Ohio and my mother from California I can be governor in all 4 states con try am for 9ja infact jebb bush was governor of Florida while George Bush was governor of Texas.
Tribe only exists in your mind. Read up Rwandan genocide how the white man created tribes for the rwandans who were actually one and it led to what it led to learn oh 9ja learn
The white men only know themselves as Europeans/white/Caucasian whichever you prefer at best they use states or countries to identify themselves but we Africans use continent, sub continent, country (esp on twitter), state or ethnic group whichever comes first, tribe, religion (can come at any point), denomination (which church (two yoruba men head two big churches in 9ja but RCCG cannot near TB Joshua)or mosque as in shiite or sunni) community, village, clan, compound, houses then position of birth or gender STOP THIS COMPLEX BULLSI-I!T and watch US GROW.
One igbo village rejected a reverend father from the next igbo village saying a Catholic priest for their church must come from their village SMH.
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by horsepower101: 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
The only thing Nigeria has over a lot of African countries is population and oil. Basically Nigeria is just breeding babies like there is no tomorrow while oil is being devalued.
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by LUGBE: 4:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
97% and 5% tongue

According to buhari theory kiss
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by jerryunit48: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
TELL THEM O , STARTING FROM THE PRESIDENT
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Flets: 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
It is very unlikely that Nigeria will recover from the evil and nepotistic government of Buhari even in a hundred years. The lines are drawn and sides taken.

How exactly will any igbo man in clear conscience support co-existence in Nigeria after seeing all these videos? This is exactly what gives rise to armed struggle and militia groups. How do you preach unity and one-nigeria to an average igbo man with these overwhelming evidences?

Political correctness died these past few days. Shame on any human who supported the killing of unarmed civilians in an attempt to sound politically correct.

Igbos must stand up and sort out themselves. Every means should be explored and I stand today for the full emergence of Biafra..... Unfortunately I can't be on the fence anymore.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Kazim88: 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
Flets:
It is very unlikely that Nigeria will recover from the evil and nepotistic government of Buhari even in a hundred years. The lines are drawn and sides taken.

How exactly will any igbo man in clear conscience support co-existence in Nigeria after seeing all these videos? This is exactly what gives rise to armed struggle and militia groups. How do you preach unity and one-nigeria to an average igbo man with these overwhelming evidences?

Political correctness died these past few days. Shame on any human who supported the killing of unarmed civilians in an attempt to sound politically correct.

Igbos must stand up and sort out themselves. Every means should be explored and I stand today for the full emergence of Biafra..... Unfortunately I can't be on the fence anymore.

Tribal Hatred is extreme in Nigeria....

I pray God help us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Sweetguy25: 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
Playing tribal politics in Nigeria is constitutional.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by horsepower101: 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Sweetguy25:
Playing tribal politics in Nigeria is constitutional.

Lol
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Eastfield1: 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
omenka:
sorry dear, this doesn't sell anymore
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by Alariwo2: 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
Who started the tribal politics if I may ask?

When a region took it upon themselves to hate our elected president for no just cause.. What should we do?
Should we cancel our democratic system and just install any igbo candidate they present to please them or what exactly? They must be sick upstairs if they ever think that'll happen.
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
omenka:

hmmmmmm
words on marble indeed.
It's cuz of plebs like that afam the Ibos re in this sad position today.

Too bad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2017
Flets:

hahahahhahahahahah

Ibos ve been hating others since 1966

Whether or not u choose to sit on the fence doesn't matter.

All that matters is that iPod's re terrorist

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by fergie001: 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
In your country,somebody is using hijab to limit corruption.
Try it here and see people react differently.
I know you are speaking cos that's what they told you to say but:

".....in a cycle as old as tribalism,ignorance of the Other engender fears,fear endengers hatred,hatred engenders violence;violence engenders further violence until the only 'rights',the only law are whatever is willed by the most powerful."(D.M)

Thank You Sir,but you left Mr.Tribalism himself,he needs that advise more than anyone else in this country.
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by BudeYahooCom: 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
NOETHNICITY:
hahahahhahahahahah

Ibos ve been hating others since 1966

Whether or not u choose to sit on the fence doesn't matter.

All that matters is that iPod's re terrorist

In the eyes of the sane International community and normal humans in the zoo, IPOB remains a non-violent, organization whose goal is to pull out from a fulani-terrorist controlled contraption. Only the fulanis and their minions calls IPOB 'terrorists' and compare to the rest of world their views are in the minority and inconsequential.

IPOB remains registered in 88+ countries globally. Muslim fulanis and their muslim minions in the south can shout 'terrorists' till tommorow, the world remains deaf to their propaganda and knows they are the ones who are the real terrorists according to Global terrorism index.

grin
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by 0m0nnakoda: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
chino11:
This is a welcome development, the Yorubas should be effectively and perpetually marginalized and schemed out, because they deserve worst things also. What did they achieve for their rotten Yoruba states during wasted years of the baboon called Obasanjorijo Useless and woe tribe. They should step up the complaint, GEJ will as usual and as always mess them up. They forgot that Tinubo sold them out for a pot of 'ewodu', the same way their foolish leaders sold out abioala to the almajiris to be slaughtered.
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by 0m0nnakoda: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
chino11:
yorooba marginalization and continued pauparisation is a welcome development to Nigerians, ofcos Nigeria will be a better place minus yoroobas
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by idupaul: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
he is fucking right you know
Re: Nigeria Must Stop Playing Tribal Politics– Ugandan President by 0m0nnakoda: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2017
gidson12:
useless elders, no be only marginalization, una go see exemption too
Sunofgod:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/27267-yoruba-elders-meet-jonathan-over-marginalisation
aljharem:
this people are funny u know. Just i thought this people want to eat there cake and have it again

they all voted for ACN thus they want regional government ie fedralism

yet they still want the advantages of being in the mainstream politics

abeg make them go sit down angry

when it is time they should go meet tinubu there master

Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Copied Jonathan's Idea To Build Rail To Niger Republic / Nigerian Man Trolls Donald Trump. See What He Got Next (images) / Will Yorubas Stay At Home On June 12 Like IPOB? How Many Would Obey Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.