Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. (1694 Views)

IPOB Breathes Fire: Our Members Have Orders To Attack Igbo Govs Abroad / President Buhari Fulfils His Promise To Igbo Traders In Aba (photos, Videos) / Don’t Come To Lagos, Igbo Traders Warn Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Masterclass32: 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2017
Palpable fear gripped residents of Sokoto State as some youths, on Saturday, attacked Igbo traders in the state.

The incident, which visibly shook Igbo merchants on Bello Way and Emir Yahaya areas of Sokoto metropolis, forced other Igbo traders at nearby Sahara street to close down their shops and run for safety.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that armed youths, in their hundreds, set ablaze a building along Bello Way, where Igbo traders have shops.

One of the victims, identified as Chief Okafor, said, “My house was razed by some suspected arsonists.

“I got a call from my wife that some youths had invaded my house and set it ablaze. My family narrowly escaped the attacks.”

Another victim, William Emmanuel Usoh, told journalists that his Honda Civic car was torched by some unidentified youths along Emir Yahaya Road.

Usoh explained that the timely arrival of men of the Nigeria Civil Defence and Security Corps, however, prevented the youths from destroying more property in the area.

When contacted, the President- General of Igbo Community in Sokoto State, Charles Uwaga, confirmed the incident.

He said reports reaching him indicated that some of his members were attacked within the state capital.

“A member just called me that his house was razed. There were also cases of vandalised shops,” Uwaga said.

Reacting to the development, the state government urged all residents to go about their activities without fear of molestation.

The government stated that arrangements had been put in place to protect lives and property.

The spokesman for Governor Aminu Tambuwal, in a statement, said the unrest in other parts of the country, especially the South- East, would have no negative effect on residents of Sokoto.

He lauded the people of the state for being their brother’s keeper and urged them to engage in acts that will promote unity and understanding at all times.

www.punchng.com/thugs-attack-igbo-traders-in-sokoto/
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Nemesis1: 7:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
Don't start what you can't finish

We warned LiePob yooots but no

The chose Biafra or death

3 known victims how many more will suffer for this

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by fotadmowmend(m): 7:14pm On Sep 17, 2017
Thugs .....
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by PentiumPro(f): 7:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ipob
Shako jiya grin
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by GreyLaw(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
This is just the beginning.
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by jumobi1(m): 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nemesis1:

You're justifying violence against the innocent? Its really tough being Nigerian. The hate is too blatant. You should be feeling sorry for the innocent instead of indirectly blaming them because of the government/IPOB issue.

3 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by tyup(m): 7:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
keep it going more greace to ur elbow

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by ZombieTAMER: 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
GreyLaw:
This is just the beginning.
PentiumPro:
Ipob
Shako jiya grin

Call a party... Owambe style
Nigeria is dealing with igbos

5 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by bkool7(m): 7:24pm On Sep 17, 2017
The govt should quickly arrest the situation
It must not escalate o!
And those thugs should be made to wear army uniform and thrown into Sambisa forest to combart BH.
I blame Igbos attacks in PH, Aba and Abraka for this
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by ZombieTAMER: 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
jumobi1:

You're justifying violence against the innocent? Its really tough being Nigerian. The hate is too blatant. You should be feeling sorry for the innocent instead of indirectly blaming them because of the government/IPOB issue.

Don't try so hard to reason in Nigeria
Throw common sense through the window
And be like the rest of us

Its just the only way to be a Nigerian
Thank me later

3 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Odingo1: 7:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nemesis1:

If Hausa kill Igbo in the north you will say that they dont respect their host,if Igbo kill Hausa in the east you say that Igbo started it that deserve what they are getting in retaliation.God is not man ooo

8 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by ZombieTAMER: 7:29pm On Sep 17, 2017
bkool7:
The govt should quickly arrest the situation
It must not escalate o!
And those thugs should be made to wear army uniform and thrown into Sambisa forest to combart BH.
I blame Igbos attacks in PH, Aba and Abraka for this
Wake me up when you blame the Fulani herdsmen and Army who are responsible for this wonderful pictures below

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by obonujoker(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
Good.... they better leave the North, and go back.... Life is more precious than money... they can always start again.... instead of endangering their lives....

3 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by tabletman1: 7:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
seeing comments from here makes me regrets being a Nigerian. not all igbos belong or support ipob but you will always see comments from your fellow countrymen wishing and praying evil for the Igbo race.
God unto your hands I commit myself.

4 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by otokx(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
Observing quietly.
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by dustmalik: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
jumobi1:

When igbos were attacking northerners in the east, what did you think was going to happen?

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by bkool7(m): 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Wake me up when you blame the Fulani herdsmen and Army who are responsible for this wonderful pictures below

You better keep sleeping cos the NA was carrying its legitimate duty before it was provoked beyond redemption
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Joel3(m): 8:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
what is the army doing in the east at the first place. the army should be held responsible for this crisis. what they are doing now is damage control. and buhari is running away to UK.

if ipob is terrorist then this northerners is also terrorist..

the military are not professional and not train to handle civil unrest. i wonder the type of recruitment and training they are doing over there.

5 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Paperwhite(m): 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2017
Well Oct.1st still loading.Nigeria remained sick until all aggrevied parties dialogue on their peace coexistence or otherwise.One Nigeria is not by force.A stitch in time saves nine.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by limeta(f): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2017
Islamazation en mass
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by 9jvirgin(m): 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2017
These guys will not learn. Kanu will pay for this.

Let the igbos blame Nnamdi Kanu, he is the root cause of their problems. I am sure these eediots won't blame Buhari for this.
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Nemesis1: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
Odingo1:

If Hausa kill Igbo in the north you will say that they dont respect their host,if Igbo kill Hausa in the east you say that Igbo started it that deserve what they are getting in retaliation.God is not man ooo

Hausa don't just attack anybody unless it's religious violence in which case anybody is a fair game

But like I said don't start what you can't finish
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Nemesis1: 8:48pm On Sep 17, 2017
jumobi1:

Innocent? Really? The hausa traders and mosques destroyed are not innocent?

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by olatade(m): 8:49pm On Sep 17, 2017
Igbos ON SOCIAL Media MONTHS BACK:: I rather die for Biafra than to die as a Nigerian. We will fight with our last drop of blood...
Biafra or Death

IBOS RIGHT NOW: Please share this video til it gets to UN, the army are attacking us the unarmed civilians.... Please tell Obama, and Trump to intervene!!!
Tel buhari we're sorry
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Omeokachie: 8:50pm On Sep 17, 2017
They didnt sew igbo attire for these ones.

Maybe that is why they are angry.

Oh, nigerian army does not like dancing in the north. It is probably too hot for them.

4 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Yyeske(m): 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nemesis1:

You dey mind them, always playing the victim card

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by jumobi1(m): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nemesis1:

Oh so it was these people attacked that attacked the traders and mosques? Nigeria sha.

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by virus05(m): 9:05pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nemesis1:

Hausa don't just attack anybody unless it's religious violence in which case anybody is a fair game

But like I said don't start what you can't finish
lies man. Stop talking trash.

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Yyeske(m): 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2017
It was Jos the other day and now Sokoto, IPOB miscreants, I hope say una dey see unasef now. Maybe Kano, Kaduna, Abuja tomorrow.
I just pray everything goes well and the northern youths cool off, those are peaceful Igbo people going about their businesses

1 Like

Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Yyeske(m): 9:17pm On Sep 17, 2017
jumobi1:

Oh so it was these people attacked that attacked the traders and mosques? Nigeria sha.
What were you expecting when their people were attacked in Aba and Obigbo, let's just pray the October 1st ultimatum is really discarded by the north. Nobody prays for death and destruction
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by Desyner: 9:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
Nemesis1:

Are you for real?
Re: Thugs Attack Igbo Traders In Sokoto. by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Call a party... Owambe style
Nigeria is dealing with igbos

No, not Nigeria, but hausa/fulani, dealing with igbos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Should The Igbos Belong And Stay In Nigeria??? / 2019: I Inherited Powers To Command Guns From My Father —sunday Igboho / Ambode Inspect Dangote Project, See Who Went With Him (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.