Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,035 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Tithe Doesn’t Have To Go To Your Church, Say Evangelical Leaders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe Doesn’t Have To Go To Your Church, Say Evangelical Leaders (385 Views)

List Of The Largest Evangelical Church Auditoriums: First Three Are In Nigeria / Anyone Who Discards Gay People Doesn’t Have A Human Heart – Pope Francis / Our VAL-IN-TIME What’s In The Air, What Does The Church Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe Doesn’t Have To Go To Your Church, Say Evangelical Leaders by oluwaseunblog(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
It’s OK if you want to give part of your tithe to somewhere other than your church, the National Association of Evangelicals said.

“Many evangelical leaders do not believe there’s a biblical requirement to give exactly 10 percent to the local church,” NAE president Leith Anderson said. “Giving generously out of what God has done for us is the main message.”

A survey of the evangelical association leaders showed that 76 percent agreed that It’s acceptable to give part of your 10 percent of tithing to other ministries outside your church.

“I have been taught—without reference to any biblical mandate—that any amount given outside of the local church should be done over and above the tithe,” author and speaker Deborah Pegues said. “Nevertheless, I believe that everyone should be fully persuaded in his own mind as to the distribution of his tithe.”

According to a 2013 State of the Plate report, only 10 to 25 percent of families in the church tithe. Of those offerings, about 97 percent make the church a priority.

“When we support the local church with our first 10 percent and then use additional income to give elsewhere, we fully reflect the generosity of God’s heart and see the windows of heaven open and pour out blessings on us, as promised in Malachi 3:10,” said Amie Streater, associate pastor for financial stewardship at New Life Church and author of Your Money God’s Way.

More via
http://oblogng.com/tithe-doesnt-have-to-go-to-your-church-say-evangelical-leaders/

Re: Tithe Doesn’t Have To Go To Your Church, Say Evangelical Leaders by Hashimyussufamao(m): 7:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
dat envagelist no get market strategy ni jare
#lalasticlala abeg come borrow me money i wan do bussiness i wan establish church
Re: Tithe Doesn’t Have To Go To Your Church, Say Evangelical Leaders by zephry(m): 7:41pm On Sep 17, 2017
finally some truth

Re: Tithe Doesn’t Have To Go To Your Church, Say Evangelical Leaders by thesicilian: 8:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
False doctrine. The same Malachi 3:10 states in full
Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
The word of God is not and has never been subject to democratic process, so even if 99% of those leaders agreed on something that is not in agreement with the scripture, it doesn't make it true.

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Letter To Atheist And Doubters / Does Your Personal Believe Match Your Current Religion, Find Out With This Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.