Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,281 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / .... (929 Views)

Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) / Penuel Mnguni Confesses At TB Joshua's Church, Seeks For Prayers & Deliverance / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... by urbanemind(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2017
Re: .... by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 18, 2017
Jesus never took money from anyone before praying for them during his ministration. The bible said "By their fruits, ye shall know them". What're those fruits?, one should be doing things that're ethically and biblically wrong. Collecting money from people before praying for them is fraud. I don't bother attending such churches.

Offerings and tithes are cool. There's also nothing wrong in making donations when need be but anything more than these; I'm out.

2 Likes

Re: .... by Samsimple(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2017
Ki ki ki ha ha ha...op u no serious oohh if nah those days of moses the thunder wey go strike u eehhnn...see preaching the gospel is one of the most lucrative jobs now and d pay is omg.. Pastoring should be a course in the university oohh
Re: .... by ProsperOkec: 11:48am On Sep 18, 2017
urbanemind:
I went to visit a friend of mine yesterday and in one of our discussions he said ‘ they invited their pastor to the house for prayer and spiritual cleansing on Saturday ’
that the cost of inviting the pastor for that was #50000 plus other items..
He seemed so happy about it so i didn't discuss it much with him but it got me thinking afterwards ...
so i want to ask our brothers and sisters here if it was really proper to charge money for prayer and other spiritual assistance the church can provide??

Explanations would be nice , i really need to understand why.....

so u want a pastor to leave everything he is doing and come to your house and still go empty handed
Re: .... by urbanemind(m): 11:49am On Sep 18, 2017
kimbraa:
Jesus never took money from anyone before praying for them during his ministration. The bible said "By their fruits, ye shall know them". What're those fruits?, one should be doing things that're ethically and biblically wrong. Collecting money from people before praying for them is fraud. I don't bother attending such churches.

Offerings and tithes are cool. There's also nothing wrong in making donations when need be but anything more than these; I'm out.
that was my thought oh but you know how people react on religious matters..u try to explain and they start taking things personal, so i just congratulated them and went my way ohhh.
Re: .... by urbanemind(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2017
Samsimple:
Ki ki ki ha ha ha...op u no serious oohh if nah those days of moses the thunder wey go strike u eehhnn...see preaching the gospel is one of the most lucrative jobs now and d pay is omg.. Pastoring should be a course in the university oohh
the word of God suppose be free na..pastors don commercialize am too much. soon we go begin pay gate fee to enter church.
Re: .... by Samsimple(m): 11:57am On Sep 18, 2017
urbanemind:
the word of God suppose be free na..pastors don commercialize am too much. soon we go begin pay gate fee to enter church.
fill form to see pastor

1 Like

Re: .... by urbanemind(m): 11:59am On Sep 18, 2017
ProsperOkec:

so u want a pastor to leave everything he is doing and come to your house and still go empty handed
Of course if you invite a guest u must entertain your guest and show appreciation in your own way..but to fix a prize for prayerrrr? habaaa na,
so poor man cant even invite the pastor for prayer? da is not right na.
Re: .... by urbanemind(m): 6:15am On Sep 22, 2017
Re: .... by Wilgrea7(m): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2017
ProsperOkec:

being a pastor should be a work of sacrifice.. not a business.. he is the one that accepted the call of God.. so why charge money?
Re: .... by urbanemind(m): 8:07am On Sep 22, 2017
Wilgrea7:

being a pastor should be a work of sacrifice.. not a business.. he is the one that accepted the call of God.. so why charge money?
i taya oh
Re: .... by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 22, 2017
urbanemind:
I went to visit a friend of mine yesterday and in one of our discussions he said ‘ they invited their pastor to the house for prayer and spiritual cleansing on Saturday ’
that the cost of inviting the pastor for that was #50000 plus other items..
He seemed so happy about it so i didn't discuss it much with him but it got me thinking afterwards ...
so i want to ask our brothers and sisters here if it was really proper to charge money for prayer and other spiritual assistance the church can provide??

Explanations would be nice , i really need to understand why.....
It's wrong for the pastor to charge for prayers and it's wrong for the person being prayed for not to sow seed. Your friend was excited because of the situation of life and what he had passed through so 50k wasn't a big deal provided the prayers work. The pastor should have applied wisdom in matters like this because he might be tagged fake even if he did it genuinely. Normally after prayers it's expected that as a member you sow a seed to your priest because he had sacrificed his time and energy to make prayers. Your seed should be reasonable and be done cheerfully not under compulsion. However the pastor should have rejected the money in the first place because it looks as if he his being bought or the prayers are paid for. It's advisable the pastor tells the member to wait till Yahweh answers prayers. Hence the person being prayed for would make vow to Yahweh as a sign of commitment. Those saying Jesus didn't collect money for prayers should have at the back of their mind that there are many persons praying for similar or the same thing. The things of the spirit is different from the flesh.
Re: .... by manuelzz(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2017
asuustrike2009:

It's wrong for the pastor to charge for prayers and it's wrong for the person being prayed for not to sow seed. Your friend was excited because of the situation of life and what he had passed through so 50k wasn't a big deal provided the prayers work. The pastor should have applied wisdom in matters like this because he might be tagged fake even if he did it genuinely. Normally after prayers it's expected that as a member you sow a seed to your priest because he had sacrificed his time and energy to make prayers. Your seed should be reasonable and be done cheerfully not under compulsion. However the pastor should have rejected the money in the first place because it looks as if he his being bought or the prayers are paid for. It's advisable the pastor tells the member to wait till Yahweh answers prayers. Hence the person being prayed for would make vow to Yahweh as a sign of commitment. Those saying Jesus didn't collect money for prayers should have at the back of their mind that there are many persons praying for similar or the same thing. The things of the spirit is different from the flesh.

Smh. Absolute trash!

1 Like

Re: .... by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 22, 2017
manuelzz:

Smh. Absolute trash!
Now the natural man doesn't receive the things of God's Spirit, for they are foolishness to him, and he can't know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Re: .... by ProsperOkec: 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2017
Wilgrea7:

The reason why pastors charge money how un-appreciative people can be.
You will pray for a man with a leg ulcer he goes to another church and testify and sow seed.

And sometimes when u don't charge money people don't take u serious. If u give them prayer they will not complete it. They will see it as local

(1) (Reply)

Deeper Life Built Biggest Church In Africa For All / Yahoo Yahoo During Ramadan / "Madam!!! Do Not Give Us An Erection!!!"---church To Breastfeeding Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.