Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting (989 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by NESTAD(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2017
This is an important topic if feel we in nairaland should deliberate upon and provide our candid opinion.

Should some pay tithe from winning in soccer bet.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by eezeribe(m): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
The Bible does not support gambling,even though the churches and their pastors/priests would gladly accept your 'tithe' to buy designer shoes and private jets,Heaven may do otherwise...
The best person to answer this your question is your conscience or God himself or Jesus the Christ because even 100 different preachers can give you 100 different answers to the same question based on their carnal understanding of the scriptures or by the 'leading' of the same 'Holy Spirit'...
lalasticlala,Mynd44
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by ladyF(f): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
Of course, even armed robbers and kidnappers bring their tithes to church. The pastors don't care where the money is coming from. grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by eezeribe(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
ladyF:
Of course, even armed robbers and kidnappers bring their tithes to church. The pastors don't care where the money is coming from. grin
But the main question is... Is it right before God
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by peteregwu(m): 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
Don't even try it. Betting is not of God, it is gambling and the Bible condemns it. In fact when you get involved in betting it is sin.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by eezeribe(m): 2:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
peteregwu:
Don't even try it. Betting is not of God, it is gambling and the Bible condemns it. In fact when you get involved in betting it is sin.
The Op knows this,in fact he must have been taught in his Sunday school class as a teen,but he is probably confused based on what is happening in the twenty first century church...
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by ladyF(f): 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
eezeribe:

But the main question is... Is it right before God

If you ask me, na who i go ask? grin
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by Image123(m): 2:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
If the tithe is to God, no. God has no pleasure in the sacrifice of fools.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
Why pay tithe at all in the first place? Help the less privileged biko, they will appreciate it and bless you
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by HiddenManna(m): 7:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ask your self. . . Does sport betting glorify God?

I see people on sunday morning going to Sport betting spots or corners to do their thing instead of worshiping in God's house (Church).

P.S. I'm not better than them.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by derachokolate(m): 7:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
HiddenManna:
Ask your self. . . Does sport betting glorify God?

I see people on sunday morning going to Sport betting spots or corners to do their thing instead of worshiping in God's house (Church).

P.S. I'm not better than them.

are you trying to say the church is against sport betting ........ ??
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by adelee777: 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
eezeribe:
The Bible does not support gambling,even though the churches and their pastors/priests would gladly accept your 'tithe' to buy designer shoes and private jets,Heaven may do otherwise...
The best person to answer this your question is your conscience or God himself or Jesus the Christ because even 100 different preachers can give you 100 different answers to the same question based on their carnal understanding of the scriptures or by the 'leading' of the same 'Holy Spirit'...
lalasticlala,Mynd44

Pls bro I am learning something. Pls cld you give a scripture to back what you typed? God bless you.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by HiddenManna(m): 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2017
derachokolate:

are you trying to say the church is against sport betting ........ ??

Precisely!

I'm not actually saying it's bad. . . But sport betting can mislead people to hell!

How?

In a whole of one week, weigh or get a statistics of how you spend your time with God versus how you spend your time doing sport betting.

Literally, the amount of time you spend with God proves you're not worthy of God or His kingdom.
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by derachokolate(m): 7:57pm On Sep 18, 2017
HiddenManna:

Precisely!

I'm not actually saying it's bad. . . But sport betting can mislead people to hell!

How?

In a whole of one week, weigh or get a statistics of how you spend your time with God versus how you spend your time doing sport betting.

Literally, the amount of time you spend with God proves you're not worthy of God or His kingdom.

why don't you just say

" there is time for everything "

than complicating the whole matter .....

Or is sportbetting a sin ??
Re: Should I Pay Tithe From Winning In Soccer Betting by HiddenManna(m): 8:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
derachokolate:

why don't you just say

" there is time for everything "

than complicating the whole matter .....

Or is sportbetting a sin ??

Thank God you know.

As for your question, you'll know on the day of judgment if it is a sin or not.

P.S. Don't quote me wrong.

Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

I'm An Atheist, Any Here ? Share Some Stuffs / Nothing / Thirty (30) Interesting Things About Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.