Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Ladies Or Professionals Only - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ladies Or Professionals Only (856 Views)

No More Utimatums, Nigerian Union Of Allied Health Professionals Strike Looms / Any Dialysis Professionals On Nairaland / Health Professionals On Nl, The Latest And Most Effective Ofloxacin Is Here. (2) (3) (4)

Ladies Or Professionals Only by whiteroses(f): 6:01pm On Mar 01, 2010
My period does my head inn! its been flowing like tap water non stop since morning, i took two ultra jumbo double wing to school, before break they were soaked like garri, i cant do this anymore, the last one i used was before econs class and i was scared to stand up after the lesson, i thought it would have soaked into the chair but to God be the glory it still dey kanpe but a bit soggy, and i thank my stars for letting me forget my umbrella this morning because as i went back to the halls i decided to wee only to see it, phew! what is causing the heavy flow? what should i or should i not drink thanks
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by Pittbaby(f): 6:27pm On Mar 01, 2010
if you truly believe you have a heavy period I will advise you see a doctor. there are several causes that range from diseases to just what is normal for each individual.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by whiteroses(f): 6:32pm On Mar 01, 2010
i dont like doctors oh all they do is poke your stomach and tell you random facts and you go home without any tangible info, so its not what im drinking or eating?
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by whiteroses(f): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2010
oh and it also makes me act angry and ill ask myself why am i acting like this for, i cried during luch time today then i was laughing and distrupting class later, then i had stomach cramp i used ibuprofen like 1 hr ago, it usually last for 3 days only but its hell for me sad soz for essay lol
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2010
Really heavy periods cannot be normal, the way your talking.
They shouldnt be distrupting your life, if you know what I mean.
See a doc about it, they can presibe a pill to help lighten them and ease period pain make that appoitment as soon as possible.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2010
whiteroses:

oh and it also makes me act angry and ill ask myself why am i acting like this for, i cried during luch time today then i was laughing and distrupting class later, then i had stomach cramp i used ibuprofen like 1 hr ago, it usually last for 3 days only but its hell for me sad soz for essay lol
I feel you girl, the stuff make one feel miserable. We all react to it differently just relax, take things easy. who knows
maybe the so much flowing is also cuz you are so stressed. Try to calm down and not be so stressed about it.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by whiteroses(f): 6:54pm On Mar 01, 2010
rokiatu:

Really heavy periods cannot be normal, the way your talking.
They shouldnt be distrupting your life, if you know what I mean.
See a doc about it, they can presibe a pill to help lighten them and ease period pain make that appoitment as soon as possible.

but id like to think theres nothing wrong with me but yeah i'll book an appointment i wonder what it is, only if the doctor can help spread my period over to five days, 3 days is a not the business when you usually flow heavily
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by tubabie(f): 7:03pm On Mar 01, 2010
I think you should see your doctor wink

Continuously Heavy periods are most often than not caused by hormonal imbalance, other conditions that may cause it is fibroid, dysfunctional uterine bleeding(DUB) etc. I once had a case like yours but worse, non-stop bleeding for 2weeks and its was diagnosed as a temporary hormonal imbalance, the doctor told me to wait to see if it would correct itself and when I wasn't better I was given an injection that put a stop to the flow and the next period was thankfully regular and no stress at all. Relax and don't be anxious but see your GP.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by whiteroses(f): 7:09pm On Mar 01, 2010
tubabie:

Continuously Heavy periods are most often than not caused by hormonal imbalance, other conditions that may cause it is fibroid, dysfunctional uterine bleeding(DUB) etc. I once had a case like yours but worse, non-stop bleeding for 2weeks and its was diagnosed as a temporary hormonal imbalance, the doctor told me to wait to see if it would correct itself and when I wasn't better I was given an injection that put a stop to the flow and the next period was thankfully regular and no stress at all. Relax and don't be anxious but see your GP.
holy jesus mary and joseph! please stop all these scientific terms, i'm just a young lady ejo oh omo kekere ara mi nimi lol.
but yeah i will see the GP tanks
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by tubabie(f): 7:13pm On Mar 01, 2010
^^LOL. grin

Of course omo kekere ni gbogbo wa at least I assume so but just see ur doc it may be a really minor stuff.
Its the reason we are women, our body is so wink complex
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by Pittbaby(f): 7:55pm On Mar 01, 2010
i agree with tuba , you need to see a GP , insist on service dont just allow the stomach prodding . do your research and be ready to ask how they have ruled out conditions like fibroids or infections
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by whiteroses(f): 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2010
^ tufiakwa! fibroid ko, at 21 kmt im still gonna have kids
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by madlady(f): 11:04am On Mar 02, 2010
whiteroses:

^ tufiakwa! fibroid ko, at 21 kmt im still gonna have kids

@whiteroses please go see your doc (I know all that poking around can drive you to distraction) to be honest it could be lots of other things sad.

You need to be careful you do not want to become anemic, you could end up feeling very weak.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by dominique(f): 2:37pm On Mar 02, 2010
@whiteroses
does the heavy flow happen once a while or every time you have your period?
it only happened once and it scared the crap outta me embarassed sad
i was physically and psychologically tired, sleepless nights (fear that i'll soak the sheets) i kept wondering if i wont end up anemic by the end of the period. i was contemplating booking an appointment if it happens in my subsequent periods . . .thankfully it didn't.
i dont want to sound like a broken record here (cos the other ladies have suggested the same) but i seriously recommend you visit a physician.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by mufasa(m): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2010
tubabie:

Could be that, or mennorhagia (i.e heavy bleeding) which could be caused by a truck load of conditions e,g fibroids, Polycystic ovarian disease etc, Use of Intrauterine devices (IUCD), from pituitary tumor (other signs of this will be milky discharge from the bosom), thyroid diseases, bleeding disorders i.e do you bleed easily?.

Either of you need to see your GP.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by mufasa(m): 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2010
I was tryin to write bre@st, the computer changed it to bossom. Moderator this is the health section and i think saying bre@st and p3nis etc is acceptable here.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by whiteroses(f): 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2010
madlady:

@whiteroses please go see your doc (I know all that poking around can drive you to distraction) but fibroids could be an issue, to be honest it could be lots of other things sad.

You need to be careful you do not want to become anemic, I have that problem at this time, you could end up feeling very weak.

dominique:

@whiteroses
does the heavy flow happen once a while or every time you have your period?
it only happened once and it scared the crap outta me embarassed sad
i was physically and psychologically tired, sleepless nights (fear that i'll soak the sheets) i kept wondering if i wont end up anemic by the end of the period. i was contemplating booking an appointment if it happens  in my subsequent periods . . .thankfully it didn't.
i dont want to sound like a broken record here (cos the other ladies have suggested the same) but i seriously recommend you visit a physician.

ok now i'm scared but i will actually go and see the GP tomorow morning.
@dominique yeah i feel weak i just want to crash on my bed and sleep. i hope i dont loose too much blood but its not as heavy as yesterday so im hoping tomorow will be lighter and stop, cos i only do 3 days. the only thing i can think its causing it is weight gain cos i was a skinny child but as i turned 21 i started gaining weight rapidly other than that i dont know but i hope im ok
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by madlady(f): 5:47pm On Mar 02, 2010
whiteroses:

ok now i'm scared but i will actually go and see the GP tomorow morning.
@dominique yeah i feel weak i just want to crash on my bed and sleep. i hope i dont loose too much blood but its not as heavy as yesterday so im hoping tomorow will be lighter and stop, cos i only do 3 days. the only thing i can think its causing it is weight gain cos i was a skinny child but as i turned 21 i started gaining weight rapidly other than that i dont know but i hope im ok

No do not be scared, it's just something us ladies experience some times, just check it out if you can, it may be nothing.

I have heard that weight issue before, hmmmmm, well I have lost weight angry and it's worse for me.

@Off Topic you spoke about ebay on that other thread, look into it again, check that thread.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by tubabie(f): 5:48pm On Mar 02, 2010
mufasa:

Either of you need to see your GP.

You quoted me but I think you skipped the part where I stated I had seen the Doc and am OK. It was years ago though.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by dominique(f): 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2010
mufasa:

I was tryin to write bre@st, the computer changed it to bossom. Moderator this is the health section and i think saying bre@st and p3nis etc is acceptable here.

its the admin that put word filters on such words, even moderators are not immune embarassed tongue
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by ta4: 11:40am On Jun 04, 2010
i think its better you go an See a doctor. if you think you period is heavy, my was really bad. i have to change every 1hr 30min and i dare not wear anything but black below as it will only embarrass me outside.
i went to see the doctor after several months and there it was. i had fibroid. thank go its out now and and period is normal now.

please see a doctor fast.
Re: Ladies Or Professionals Only by agathamari(f): 2:44am On Jun 05, 2010
as long as you dont go through 1 jumbo/super pad/tampon in an hour it is considered within the normal range. you can uses birth control pills to help regulate your flow. also have a bllod test to make sure you are not anemic (go mid cycle)

Sweat In The Armpit - What To Do / Breathing European Air Shortens Lives -report / AUTISM And Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy