Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) (870 Views)

Ebe Kacha Mma I Ga Azu Ala Na Afo 2021 / Mods Unu Emegbuzina Umuigbo ...inukwa (igbo Development Thread) / Nnamdi Kanu And His Strange Philosophy For Igbo Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by inkon: 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2017
I think we can scale up the developmental status of our land.

I think even as individuals, we can come together and unanimously give a better future to the coming generation.

I'm therefore proposing an Ala-Igbo Development Program

This is the formation stage so ideas are welcomed.

—————————————————————

Umu Igbo ekene 'm unu.

I bring you greetings from the depth of my heart.

May the most powerful, who created the sun and commanded it to rise from the east remember every Igbo son and daughter bounteously in Jesus' name.

My heart is bleeding and I look upon God for wisdom and direction. But just as we have known that God created us in his own image and likeness, even Him who is God will expect us to make a moves.

The Igbo are not slaves. There is something in us that will never let it happen.

It's true that people have trampled upon us. It's equally true that some of us have compromised by their loathsome submission as tools in the hands of those who are determined to suffocate the Igbo nation. It must have been out of sheer duress or selfishness or perhaps, subjugation, as we have know the preponderance of that, but their collaboration has caused more harms than the original enemies. Yielding to their schemes is the greatest undoing to the Igbo nation.

In 1884, the European union began the journey of what finally brought the Igbo to her knees. It has been so up to this present day but surely, that cannot stay longer than we permit. It was termed Berlin conference. But Igbo are not slaves and never will be.

They captured some brave men from the East in 1803 and gave them out against their will but they revolted at Dunbar Creek on St. Simons Island, Glynn County, Georgia which took the ship several kilometers below the sea surface because the Igbo aren't slaves and never will be.

Today, the Nigerian military is on killing spree in Igbo land in response to the arewa youths directives that mandated them to give the Igbo a bloody nose. The only offence is that people, mostly youths who are languishing in penury due to government's ineptitude, are asking questions.

They are saying, since you can't give us job, give us Biafra to enable us fend for ourselves. The Nigerian military is bringing an answer to that question and demand through the snout of their barrels.

Only those in Abia state will understand what is happening. My uncle called in this morning from the heart of Eyimba city. He told me he was an eye witness to what happened to the NUJ. The military boys, under a strict command went and destroyed, destabilized the Nigerian Union of Journalists first before going for mass massacre of innocent citizens to avert media mauling. They killed people with reckless abandon in Abia state and they are still killing but since nobody is there to report what is happening, people are kept in the dark.

We have no guns. We have no cutlasses. All we did was asking questions and demanding for things that would better our lives.

But we are being killed!

Igbo unity stands sacrosanct at this point and I think this thread can serve as a cradle for a great thing to come.

This was not me when I stood firm in defence of the sovereignty and presumed peaceful coexistence and progress in the oneNIGERIA project.

NO! I was completely wrong because Nigeria can never work.

Some people have insisted that they own this country. Those people commit heinous crime against humanity and get commended for that. But other people will be arrested, prosecuted and ridiculed just for asking those questions that do not align with the dehumanizing antics of the lions and jackals.

I was of the opinion that it would get better someday. But, just with every passing day, reality keeps revealing that it can only get worse.

The rejected should not reject himself. My brothers and sisters, this is time to wake up.

This is time to reason, and hopefully, we can do something to complement what other great sons and daughters of Igbo land are doing to get the light shine again.

There is nothing we cannot achieve if only we want.

I want an Igbo nation that will be likened to Dubai in terms of infrastructure. I want an Igbo nation that will be likened to Switzerland in terms of peace. I want an Igbo nation that will be likened to Britain in terms of diplomacy.

Can we get there? Yes, we can.

This thread is for brainstorming. The sole purpose is to get us out of this present predicament and give a befitting future to our coming generation.

Every good idea is welcomed.

Thank you and God bless you.

Cc:
Ipoblogic
Ugomba
Ngozi123
afam4ever
pazienza
Paperwhite
idupaul
HiddenShadow

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by remele2(f): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
Ok
Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by fk001(m): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
Present cheesy
Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by Ifeanyi4491(m): 5:55pm On Sep 18, 2017
cool
Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by DOUBLEWAHALA: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
I bet my left scrotum for any foe that reads that tin
Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by inkon: 9:32am On Sep 19, 2017
Alright, let's proceed.

Recently, there was a Southeast Economic Summit that came with an overview of producing a South East Integrated Development Plan, which would be devoid of politics but focus on addressing the fundamental economic needs of the South East as a united sub-region and a key contributor in the economic well-being of the nation. It was intended to develop and maintain the region’s database of member state’s productivity, mapping its natural resources, and
enabling each state to manage its resources so as to be able to create industries and jobs locally.

The summit would concentrate on key sectors: infrastructure and industrialization, agriculture, healthcare and health tourism, investment and development partnerships and security.

But you know what? That Summit was quick to hit the logjam. The last anybody heard of it was their meeting in Enugu on 22 December 2016. President buhari was expected to attend but he snubbed it.

This crucial summit could not see the light of the day because while Barth Nnaji, who chaired the summit, insisted that it would be devoid of politics, there were still streaks of political colouration all over it.

I therefore invite you, good people of Igbo land who are on this forum to lend your support to the formation of a fresh consensus, aimed towards the development of Igbo land.

Yours could be idea (because we are open to that right now). Yours could be advice. It could just be a phone call when necessary.

Don't be passive because we have no other place to call our home.

The 5 member states of Igbo nation have been unfairly alienated in terms of infrastructural development and every other good thing that Nigeria can boast of.

Since the end of the 30-month civil war (it was actually a genocide, because there was no civility in that war), Nigeria has built commercial industries everywhere in Nigeria except the Igbo land. This is even as a good chunk of the resources with which these industries are built come from Igbo land.

It then means that any Igbo son or daughter who wishes to work in a high profile industry has to first leave the region. And someone still asks why the Igbo migrate a lot.

The sole essence of this thread is to initiate a developmental program that will significantly reduce the rate at which Igbo sons and daughters migrate to other regions in search of what to eat.

Through this proposed program, we can create thousands of sustainable jobs in the Southeast and by so doing, bring the region to sheer economic viability.
Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by nakir: 1:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
If this is a move to address the fundamental problems, I'm in.
Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by dplordx(m): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2017
With all the kidnapping, drug wars fought inside your churches, and to add operation dancing python. Keep dreaming.

1 Like

Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by inkon: 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
nakir:
If this is a move to address the fundamental problems, I'm in.

Sure, we hope to address the basic challenges, especially in the areas of economic integration. 100% success might not be envisaged, mindful of FG's possible hampering policies, but even 60% can keep us going.

Right now, we are into intensive aggregation and we are using both online and offline channels to get it done. I can assure that the program will gather the required momentum pretty soon.

Don't forget we are at the formation stage and are therefore, open to new ideas. We can only touch the peripheries on a public portal of this nature while using more secure channels for proper analysis.
Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by pezest: 7:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
This thread mustn't sink. op highlight the points for discussion let's take it from there.
Re: Ala-Igbo Development Program (PROPOSED) by inkon: 1:25pm On Sep 30, 2017
pezest:
This thread mustn't sink. op highlight the points for discussion let's take it from there.

The points are clear sir. It's about the development of Southeast geopolitical zone.

(1) (Reply)

Pandemonium At APC Restructuring Committee Meeting In Akure / Over Fear Of International Prosecution, FG Pull Out Of Some ORG, MASSOB Claims / Nigerian Politics: The Screws And The Screwdriver Analogy(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.