Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai (1561 Views)

Court Asked To Declare Nnamdi Kanu A Fugitive, Order His Arrest / Sanusi’s Claim That 800 Fulani Were Killed, A Lie – Taraba Govt, CAN / Biafra: Only Fools Learn From Experience, The Wise From History – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:16pm On Sep 18, 2017
http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/18/biafra-nigerian-govt-can-declare-nnamdi-kanu-wanted-buratai/

Published on September 18, 2017 By Ifreke Inyang

Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General Tukur Buratai, has said that only the federal government of Nigeria, has the constitutional right to declare the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, wanted.

Buratai also refuted claims that the Army is under any pressure, to withdraw troops from South-East.

He gave the statement on Monday, after the opening of the third quarter Nigerian army conference in Abuja.

Ever since the launch of Operation Python Dance in the South East, many have called for its termination, especially after some military personnel clashed with IPOB members in Umuahia and Aba in Abia State.

Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki and the wife of the late Biafran warlord, Bianca Ojukwu, have condemned the Army’s terming of IPOB as a terrorist organization, describing such categorization as unconstitutional and unjustifiable.

However, Buratai refuted insinuations that the army is under pressure to withdraw troops from the region and insisted that they were acting within the jurisdiction of the constitution.

“Nigerian Army is part of the political consideration in the democratic system. It is part of the democratic process. It is a product of the democratic governance. So, we are not under any pressure.

“We are doing what the constitution has provided. So we are not under any pressure whatsoever,” he added.
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
My question is, Nnamdi Kanu no longer a British Citizen?

We know his car was stopped and the Army took him, even before storming his house.

I fear, something more terrible may have happened, for the Northern Govs to be on peace mission.

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by Standing5(m): 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2017
Confusion. . .
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by madridguy(m): 8:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
grin
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2017
madridguy:
grin

Nnamdi Kanu was never the type to run, the Army have either murdered him, torture him or they arrested him.

Either way, their actions are unlawful

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
This gagging approach will only result in acts of terrorism, which is the main objectives of the Nigeria military, to drive IPOB from peaceful organisation into acts of terrorism.

The Boko Haram terrorist in the north murdered 15 people today, they are trying to create another.
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by Ebay14(m): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
it's not over yet..
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by idupaul: 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2017
months:

Nnamdi Kanu was never the type to run, the Army have either murdered him, torture him or they arrested him.

What is his family saying about where he is please?
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
idupaul:

What is his family saying about where he is please?

Most of them alongside his father were taken by the Army.
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by Hofbrauhaus(m): 8:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
Why did you fools break into his house? Why did you fools kill that his lovely dog that I've always liked? Why did you fools kill ugochukwu my friend? Why did you fools kill other igbos? Why did you devils injure our brothers? Why did you fools kidnap our people? Alot of them are still missing....

You must pay for the atrocities commited to ndiigbo. You must pay. We would punish you on earth and God would punish you in hell. Oh yes, you must pay!!

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by idupaul: 8:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
months:

Most of them alongside his father were taken by the Army.

But someone called Channels today claiming to be either Kanu or his brother
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
idupaul:

But someone called Channels today claiming to be either Kanu or his brother

IPOB is such an organisation that can operate with or without Kanu effectively.

There is no difference in their public feedback.

So wat use is going after Kanu, wen IPOB only have to announce a sit at home and Igbo people in the East will compile.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by madridguy(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu is nothing but a bloody terrorist.

months:

Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
madridguy:

He will be replaced by an actual terrorist and i hope u enjoyed the news from Borno today.

Our Africa people still have not matured, maybe we need to be colonized and enslaved again.
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by Kilanee: 8:27pm On Sep 18, 2017
Okay
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by Yyeske(m): 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
months:
This gagging approach will only result in acts of terrorism, which is the main objectives of the Nigeria military, to drive IPOB from peaceful organisation into acts of terrorism.

The Boko Haram terrorist in the north murdered 15 people today, they are trying to create another.
They can be pushed into terrorism but let it be made clear to you that they can never be welcomed into Anambra. They should limit the madness where it originated from, Abia.
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by Yyeske(m): 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2017
months:

He will be replaced by an actual terrorist and i hope u enjoyed the news from Borno today.

Our Africa people still have not matured, maybe we need to be colonized and enslaved again.
Make Abia another Bornu and Nigerians will definitely applaud you guys for the great effort
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
Yyeske:
Make Abia another Bornu and Nigerians will definitely applaud you guys for the great effort

Sorry, Igbo are all over the country, wen it starts it will be on all ur door steps, becos they have followed the peaceful means and u murdered dem.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." JFK

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by Yyeske(m): 8:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
months:

IPOB is such an organisation that can operate with or without Kanu effectively.

There is no difference in their public feedback.

So wat use is going after Kanu, wen IPOB only have to announce a sit at home and Igbo people in the East will compile.
Let IPOB organise another sit at home or rallies and let's see how they'll dance the Etilogwu dance with the python
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by Yyeske(m): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2017
months:

Sorry, Igbo are all over the country, wen it starts it will be on all ur door steps, becos they have followed the peaceful means and u murdered dem.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." JFK
FYI, IPOB doesn't equate Igbo so learn to differentiate both
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:39pm On Sep 18, 2017
Yyeske:
Let IPOB organise another sit at home or rallies and let's see how they'll dance the Etilogwu dance with the python

See how u are shaking, is that not fear of IPOB?

Truth is there is very little difference between humans and animals.

U want to use force to get ur way, putting aside the fact that nobody has a monopoly of violence.

The best approach was to guarantee a date for referendum, an intelligent people will even opt for a date far away, like 2030, in that time, they rehabilitate and reintegrate the SS/SE people and give dem a sense of belonging.

Nothing is achieved by force, take Boko Haram for example.

Now u are posturing for me, forgeting that i will also posture back for u.
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by Yyeske(m): 8:44pm On Sep 18, 2017
months:

See how u are shaking, is that not fear of IPOB?

Truth is there is very little difference between humans and animals.

U want to use force to get ur way, putting aside the fact that nobody has a monopoly of violence.

The best approach was to guarantee a date for referendum, an intelligent people will even opt for a date far away, like 2030, in that time, they rehabilitate and reintegrate the SS/SE people and give dem a sense of belonging.

Nothing is achieved by force, take Boko Haram for example.

Now u ar posturing for me, forgeting that i will also posture back for u.
See him lumping the SS into his phantom Biafra when SS people had told them already that they are not interested.
Access to oil and sea, they know that already.
Since IPOB cannot lecture you guys how to go get your referendum peacefully, try having a war with Nigeria
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by madridguy(m): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2017
Not matured? I guess you're among those people shouting Kanu will deal with the FG back then tongue and now crying foul.

months:

Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2017
Yyeske:
See him lumping the SS into his phantom Biafra when SS people had told them already that they are interested.
Access to oil and sea, they know that already.
Since IPOB cannot lecture you guys how to go get your referendum peacefully, try having a war with Nigeria

Who are the SS people? Which tribe?

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by khallyberry: 9:03pm On Sep 18, 2017
undecided

a millitery personnel/chief of army staff telling civilians what is in the constitution of a state that claims to be democratic ....smh,buhari has thrown democracy to the dogs.
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by CaptainG00D: 9:04pm On Sep 18, 2017
months:
My question is, Nnamdi Kanu no longer a British Citizen?

We know his car was stopped and the Army took him, even before storming his house.

I fear, something more terrible may have happened, for the Northern Govs to be on peace mission.

Dude thats what iv been telling some people.
I fear if he is still alive.
There is a high percent chance he might have been killed
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by ZombieTAMER: 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2017
Yyeske:

They say mumurity has no cure

Now I believe
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by che8: 9:32pm On Sep 18, 2017
Yyeske:
All I have to tell you:

Onye tuo vote o laba ugwu awusa.

I guess you heard the echo of that song at Switzerland rally? No wonder, you are so localized that all you know is Anambra!

The road may be thorny, but Freedom at last
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by months: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
pathetic country.

full of ignoramuses.
Re: Biafra: Only Nigerian Govt Can Declare Nnamdi Kanu Wanted – Buratai by julietm123: 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2017
Say that to your fellow Muslim and northern brethren. The world knows better.
madridguy:

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Governors Visit Islamic Sect Group Leaders, Qadiriyya, Tijjaniyya / You Dislike Me For Parochial Sentiments, Jonathan Replies Critics / Colorful Photos From The Dog Festival Held Today In Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.