Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Outrageous quotation from my engineer. Roofing Experts Should Please Help - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Outrageous quotation from my engineer. Roofing Experts Should Please Help (632 Views)

The Nigerian City With The Most Outrageous Accommodation Fees / My Engineer Gave Me A Quotatn Of 250bags Of Cement To Plaster 4room Duplex / My Engineer Wants To Charge Me 3.5 M For Hotel Supervision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrageous quotation from my engineer. Roofing Experts Should Please Help by kelly27(m): 10:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
Good evening everyone, please I need help. I'm seriously questioning the quotation given to me by my engineer. He was the one that got the building to this stage. I asked for roofing wood work quotation (without roofing sheets yet), I was given a bill of over 700k.

Please the experts should help me scrutinise this. I think it's outrageous.

What do you think is the appropriate bill for this project?

I will appreciate as many responses as possible. Thanks

Re: Outrageous quotation from my engineer. Roofing Experts Should Please Help by kelly27(m): 8:33am On Sep 19, 2017
The engineers and roofing experts in the house should please comment on the above quotation
Re: Outrageous quotation from my engineer. Roofing Experts Should Please Help by I888(m): 9:23am On Sep 19, 2017
Well I am not an expert but if you are afraid he is trying to rip you off at this stage, don't you think he has succeeded in ripping you off right from the foundation stage?
Re: Outrageous quotation from my engineer. Roofing Experts Should Please Help by kelly27(m): 10:24am On Sep 19, 2017
I888:
Well I am not an expert but if you are afraid he is trying to rip you off at this stage, don't you think he has succeeded in ripping you off right from the foundation stage?

Well it is possible. But he could have started on a good note and when he knows that you will continue using him, he can start inflating the cost.
I just want to know whether the quotation of over 700k for wood work is appropriate. The workmanship is inclusive and put at 350k.
Re: Outrageous quotation from my engineer. Roofing Experts Should Please Help by Wagasigiungu(m): 1:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
kelly27:
Good evening everyone, please I need help. I'm seriously questioning the quotation given to me by my engineer. He was the one that got the building to this stage. I asked for roofing wood work quotation (without roofing sheets yet), I was given a bill of over 700k.

kelly27:

Well it is possible. But he could have started on a good note and when he knows that you will continue using him, he can start inflating the cost.
I just want to know whether the quotation of over 700k for wood work is appropriate. The workmanship is inclusive and put at 350k.
kelly27:

Well i am no expert but i think the wood work may be reasonable. For me, what i find unreasonable is the labor cost. It's way to high bro. What for Pete's sake is he constructing!!! 350k no be beans o!!! How ever this may include his supervision charges. You would do well to request a second quotation from someone else. You could contact @Hslbroker, @rotecch, @kolashangone, and other experts on here. Good luck.
P. S. You could try throwing this question at a more general and larger number of people in the building general thread here. You might get better quicker responses from the experts there.
https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/775
Re: Outrageous quotation from my engineer. Roofing Experts Should Please Help by kelly27(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
[
Re: Outrageous quotation from my engineer. Roofing Experts Should Please Help by kelly27(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Wagasigiungu:

Well i am no expert but i think the wood work may be reasonable. For me, what i find unreasonable is the labor cost. It's way to high bro. What for Pete's sake is he constructing!!! 350k no be beans o!!! How ever this may include his supervision charges. You would do well to request a second quotation from someone else. You could contact @Hslbroker, @rotecch, @kolashangone, and other experts on here. Good luck.
P. S. You could try throwing this question at a more general and larger number of people in the building general thread here. You might get better quicker responses from the experts there.
https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/775

Thank you so much. My main problem is the labour. It's quite outrageous

(1) (Reply)

7 Bedrooms Detached House For Sale / Get A Stress Free Homes At Good Locations In Abuja / Land In Sangotedo For Sale In Walton Gate Estate At ₦13m Per Plot (lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.