Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Please Help A Sister - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help A Sister (1084 Views)

Why Would A Sister In Law Act Like This? / Please Help A Sister As Her Marriage Is About To Crashed / Please Help Save A Sister's Life... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Sister by preetyb(f): 11:52pm On Sep 18, 2017
My sisters husband is really annoying. what should I do?.
Since my sister started living with this man it has been starvation all her life.
The man used to work at wharf Apapa, but it was either he said there is no ship today or no work tomorrow. And then he refused to do any other work except that one that was not reliable until finally he decided to quit the job.
So he has been jobless for the past five years without going out to look for a job except to go and smoke then come back to ask for food which he didn't drop money for.
The children don't go to school unless my sister hussle and gather up to pay for that particular term still he does not care. Sometimes he will just lie down on the bed until the wife prepares food which may have been bought on credit. And after eating he will start calling my sister names. That she is a begger and a debtor. And other times he beats her up.
When the kids cry for food he either beats them or tell them to go and meet their mother. The kids have all dried up because of starvation.
My sister makes hair but it is not every time she has customers and even when she does she can't make more than two hair for a day because she has to do other things. Everyday she either complains of chest pain or headache.
This is a man that is living in a free house, use free light and water but cant provide just food, clothing and pay his children school fees.
The painful part is that the kids are brilliant but because of the one term on and one term off in school they are gradually becoming dull.
Sometimes when I look at my sister and the kids I just weep for them.

If only I have enough money I would have rented an apartment elsewhere for my sister and the kids and look for a good job for her because the place where they are living is too expensive for them as in the standard of living there is too high for her.

So please I sincerely need your advice on what to do. Also please if you have or see any job vacancy around that isolo or Ejigbo where the pay is a bit ok please email me at Beatricefame@gmail.com.
I just want my sister to have a good sustainable source of income so she and her kids can have a good life.
But still I will like to hear your opinion and contributions as to what I can or she can do ease her self of this punishment call husband.
Re: Please Help A Sister by iwakacome: 12:00am On Sep 19, 2017
why does she feed him? She should just pretend he is dead and live her life. In the case of hitting her, she can report to the appropriate agencies. She shouldn't suffer for nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister by lekjons(m): 12:02am On Sep 19, 2017
I'm really sorry for your sister..

Why don't you tell your sister to try contacting her husband's family, there may be someone who can speak sense into him..

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Sister by inkdbetty(f): 12:54am On Sep 19, 2017
Did you say 5 years? He has been without a job for 5 years, the woman now provides and on top that, he beats her and does nothing to contribute.
Now, she's complaining of pains and all other things that might be pointing to a major illness.

Some people might see this as bad advice, frackt. It is bad advice but i do not understand what she is still doing inside that house. I suggest you drag her and her children out of the house except y'all are superstitious and want to drag the matter before the pastor... then leave him. When he grows up and realizes her worth, he will come looking for her.

Yes, I know about the 'for better for worse' marriage vows but that is merely for circumstances that either out of control or well, bad luck just finds you or Nigeria has gotten worse but it seems to me from your story that this man is making no effort for himself or his family.

HE ABUSES HER! Ontop wetin she dey do for am o. (pockets mouth and gun)

6 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister by chichijas(m): 1:49am On Sep 19, 2017
tell your sister to stop providing for him, he will come to his senses asap

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 19, 2017
Smh

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Sister by prestigiouslady: 8:11am On Sep 19, 2017
She has no husband, what she has is a liability, a real pain in thr a*s..
She should get grip of herself,stop feeding him..if he tries to abuse her physically, she should move out with her kids.
I sincerely do not pity women who sit down with a man who refuses to grow up as the husband and being maltreated.
Business is not as usual as Apapa wharf,I have people who are affected, infact one of them is learning bricklaying now so as to be independent and cater for his family..
If he doesn't get a Job, then your sis is sitting down on a time bomb, he will soon blame her for all his predicament very soon..
Plus she needs to check her self in a hospital...physical abuse is a no no for me

4 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
What a burden, the Bible says a man that can't take care of his home is worse than an infidel.It is one thing to be out of job, it's another thing for the situation to be a perpetual issue, this man from what you pointed out here is less than a husband. Report him to a pastor, or your family, hold a meeting and summon the guy, he needs some talking to...
Re: Please Help A Sister by Heebah: 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
She should leave that toxic marriage abeg no be everything dem dey manage. What r ur parents saying about it? Its obvious she is on her own,why stretch it. Please,advice her to leave,e don do angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister by Acidosis(m): 1:51pm On Sep 19, 2017
Why did she (your sister) marry a smoker?

A non-smoking woman that decides to marry a smoker should be ready to inhale the smoke and every other psychological consequences that comes with smoking.

Why do LIGHTs always think they can live peacefully with DARKNESS?

Your sister does not have the required qualities to handle that man. To live peacefully with him, she needs to learn the rudiments of smoking and thuggery. Advise her to abandon hair-making, and take a course on thuggery.

If she however feels too weak to handle thuggery, getting a job and consequently abandoning that marriage is necessary!

You've done your best as a sister, however you need to do more; your family has to do more; raise money for her; it is true the man is out of job, what about you, your other siblings? Trust me, there's little she can do alone, even if she gets a good paying job, salaries are paid only once in a month, how would she feed for 29 days, and still be able to feed the kids and cater for housing needs?
Please you guys should draw your sister and her kids closer

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Sister by lilmax(m): 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
tell your sister to tell him to divorce her

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Sister by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2017
Acidosis:
Why did she (your sister) marry a smoker?

A non-smoking woman that decides to marry a smoker should be ready to inhale the smoke and every other psychological consequences that comes with smoking.

Why do LIGHTs always think they can live peacefully with DARKNESS?

Your sister does not have the required qualities to handle that man. To live peacefully with him, she needs to learn the rudiments of smoking and thuggery. Advise her to abandon hair-making, and take a course on thuggery.

If she however feels too weak to handle thuggery, getting a job and consequently abandoning that marriage is necessary!

You've done your best as a sister, however you need to do more; your family has to do more; raise money for her; it is true the man is out of job, what about you, your other siblings? Trust me, there's little she can do alone, even if she gets a good paying job, salaries are paid only once in a month, how would she feed for 29 days, and still be able to feed the kids and cater for housing needs?
Please you guys should draw your sister and her kids closer

Word...Nice one
Re: Please Help A Sister by tayo60(f): 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
Tell your sister to leave the marriage for her sake and her children. What's d point of living with a man dt doesn't do anything for d family more than five years ago? She can as well leave her life without him. Let her leave now before she dies suddenly.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Sister by OldBeer: 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
So you want job for your sister so she can have money to keep feeding her big baby?

If your family don't want to bury your sister very soon, they should pool resources and forcefully eject her from that house.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister by sisisioge: 9:43pm On Sep 19, 2017
Sometimes, we don't bother getting a clean sheet to lay on our beds. Other times, we leave the beds made. Thing is, however we lay or otherwise our beds, so we lie on them. It's all on her...she clearly laid her bed herself. May God help her.
Re: Please Help A Sister by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
sisisioge:
Sometimes, we don't bother getting a clean sheet to lay on our beds. Other times, we leave the beds made. Thing is, however we lay or otherwise our beds, so we lie on them. It's all on her...she clearly laid her bed herself. May God help her.

...Lol
Re: Please Help A Sister by starlite1: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
You people should send the kids to public schools, it's far better than the off-on thingy. Cut down to your size, at least, for their educational stability.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Sister by sisisioge: 4:12am On Sep 20, 2017
bluetrails7:

All these proverbial stunt,sisioge, all of these just complicated the bae's mind the more...Lol

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

OCD In The Family / My Life: How Do I Get Rich Now? / Family Holiday Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.