Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

WHICH WAY NIGERIA: (IPOB AND THE PYTHON DANCE) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / WHICH WAY NIGERIA: (IPOB AND THE PYTHON DANCE) (379 Views)

Catalonia Referendum Verus Python Dance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WHICH WAY NIGERIA: (IPOB AND THE PYTHON DANCE) by Antartic: 12:04am On Sep 19, 2017
Umunne, Greetings !!! I was off for a while to attend to some pressing pop ups. I thank everyone in the forum for keeping the fire burning. I also read most of the submission in this forum on the issue of IPOB that has heated up the polity and I must say that I  was.impressed not minding how divergent some of them were from my views. It is true that we all have our opinions but despondently common sense seems not  to be common (pun intended). I'm not here to be a judge to which party that won the argument but to berate some of us who claim to know it all and still do nothing. My take on this KANU IPOB issue and the military operation Egwu Eke (Python dance) is that a man does not leave his house on fire and start looking for rat,the mere fact that a rat is in the house is bad enough as it could destroy some valuables but a house on fire if not quenched will destroy everything which is even worst. Nnamdi Kanu and his ideology of a Biafran state and the way he is going toward its realisation may be portrayed as imperfect but surprisingly he is getting the desired attention locally and internationally even with the detrimental operation Python dance. My rhetorical question to all whose views seems not to align with mine is "what have you done on your part?" Lets quit complaining and do our bit as little drops of water makes an ocean. My advice is that if u can write please do, if you can speak please speak, use whatever channel(s) at your disposal to expose this injustice. why blame KANU at this time when innocent civilians are being slaughtered in Abia state and some of us are still justifying the military stand. We may not be in sync with Kanu's stance however  the unjustified killing of innocent souls can never equate to any line of thought. Kanu's  ideology and his ways of actualisation is infact  the "rat" in my earlier analogy and the  killing of innocent civilians by Trained killers is the "House On Fire". The common sense here is to firstly speak against the military incursion and the Genocide being perpetrated because innocent blood is being shed. After the fire has been put off, you can now come back to the " Rat"in the house. Today it's IPOB and tomorrow it could be OODUA people' Congress (OPC)and if the Army comes in and start killing innocent civilians, would someone say because they're from south-west and not from south-east, then it is justifiable, Capital NO. The shedding of innocent blood is wrong whether for good or a bad course. This show of intimidation with impunity is well captured by former U.S attorney General to UN, Mr Bruce Fein who said that Nigeria should be expelled from the UN for allowing Genocide and president and chief of army staff held accountable in the international criminal court. He further stated, while the suffering and persecution of Burma's Muslim Rohnyga have captured headlines and of attention of the United Nations high commissioner on human rights (Zeid Razad al-Hassein) Nigeria's far worse oppression of Biafrans has been largely ignored. It is difficult to resist the conclusion that the international human rights community squints when blacks kill blacks. He again declared that hundreds of innocent civilians have died and more have been injured or terrorized by Nigeria's military acting under Buhari directive in last week alone. He however, maintained that the genocide is a crime against all of mankind which concerns every country and individuals alike and that is my focal point. This happenings goes beyond IPOB, it is an agenda and they have made a statement and it is your reaction that will determine the next step. Let's be wise and at all times look at the bigger picture.  The agenda is simple lslamatize Nigeria and the only stumbling blocks are the Igbos who are predominantly  Christians and that my friends is the bigger picture. To prevent this, we must stand as one regardless of any differences and lend a voice to this struggle. This structure called Nigeria is bad news. A country where a particular race or people are  2nd class or 3rd class citizen, a country where mediocrity is celebrated over competence, a country where 2 sets of people exists, the elites and the slaves. My final submission, stop complaining of Nnamdi Kanu, do your part. It is not only through IPOB that our agitation to a Free and fair Nigerian can be pushed through, KANU is doing his part, do yours. Do I prefer this present  state of Nigeria where injustice is dished out to a particular race, you already know my answer or do I prefer a Biafran state where I won't be a 3rd class citizen anymore, where Justice, equity &fairness will reign, your guess is as good as mine or Nigeria state that is well restructured to suit every tribe or people, religion and a Nigeria state where every citizen has equal rights and where competence is chosen over incompetent, let's SPEAK UP against this injustice and if you feel KANU is not doing well start your own campaign maybe, he may learn a thing or two from you. Stop the condemnation and keep fighting, one day they will HEAR US. Freedom is never free and it comes at a cost and you can only get what you ask for, let's be wise. UDO DIRI UNU NILE.

(1) (Reply)

Catalans Are Half French,half Iberians.. / Catalonia President Fled / The Unfolding Coup In Arabia By Simon Templar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.