Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

When Did Request For Secession Equal War? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Request For Secession Equal War? (319 Views)

Biafra: Aisha Buhari, Igbo Women Say No To Calls For Secession / Biafra: INEC Speaks On Calls For Secession, Election Boycott / Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When Did Request For Secession Equal War? by clevadani: 10:27am On Sep 19, 2017
First and foremost, I am a supporter of Buhari and believe the PDP destroyed this country. They engaged in ethnic politics in the 2015 election which instigated what we are experiencing today. Aside looting our treasury without any recourse to their different backgrounds, they set Nigeria on a path of suffering. We are lucky we did not get to the level of Venezuela.
Now onto the Biafra agitation, I find it laughable when I hear people talking about war whenever the call for secession is made. Why should it lead to war? This is akin to a landlord forcing a tenant (who is living for free) to stay in his house. Why would you force someone to stay in your house? Does that make any sense? We are in the 21st century. We should stop behaving like unintelligent beings. Let us give them their referendum, let them decide if they want to remain. Besides no one was consulted when this nation was formed, so why force them to remain?
Now to Biafra agitators drumming the sounds of war, war is worse than anything you can ever imagine. Your children will not stop cursing you for the rest of their lives if war starts. There are so many civil ways of getting Biafra. You have influential Igbos all over the world in influential positions from the UN, to the AU, the IMF, etc make them push the cause. Force your reps to keep pushing the referendum narrative. Let it be the only thing they talk about in the National Assembly, and vote out anyone that refuses to do so. Form a political party. Apc had one state in 2003 and now, they control the government. The south west is unhappy, same with ss, and the middlebelt. Form alignments, not everyone is your enemy.
I have said enough. We should avoid war at all costs. Nobody wins, only losses on both sides. I love the Igbos because of their ingenuity and I hope they remain Nigerians because there's strength in numbers. I know I'll live in Biafra if the agitation succeeds. But for now, I am a Nigerian and a proud one.
Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I pray God kills every single corrupt leader.

(1) (Reply)

The North Is Also Agitating On Restructuring / Lagos Enhances Criminal Justice System With New DNA Center / 2019: God Has Destined Me To Lead Nigeria, Says Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.