Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization (943 Views)

Why Fulani Herdsmen Must Be Allowed To Live Anywhere – Senator Uzodinma / Why Fulani Herdsmen Kill - Ango Abdullahi Says / Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Declared Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by TundeHashim(m): 11:34am On Sep 19, 2017
Many ink has been spilled, more so, by pro-Biafra Sympathizers on the need to label Fulani herdsmen as ‘terrorists’. This is premised on the ground that Fulani herdsmen have raped, maimed, terrorized, murdered, and inflicted a lot of hardship on far too many people than the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Furthermore, they claimed that the IPOB is a ‘non-violent’ organization ‘peacefully’ clamoring for the resurrection of a viable and ethnically homogenous nation – Biafra. While it is outside the scope of this work to either examine the viability of Biafra (i.e. economic viability, social and cultural viability etc.) OR the ‘non-violent’ methods of IPOB (i.e. whether activities have been really peaceful), this work aims at explaining reasons why Fulani militia men can’t be labeled ‘terrorists’ by the government. It must be emphasized from the outset that this is NOT a justification or DEFENSE for Fulani criminals. I believe they should face the full wrath of the law just like any other ethnic group. For the sake of the “izz too long” crew, I’ll try and keep it and simple.

First of all, Fulani criminal herdsmen do NOT belong to a single group united by a common purpose, ideology and leadership. In fact, they do not qualify as an ORGANIZATION in the real sense of the word. Compared to IPOB where they are committed to a single leadership while NK is the indisputable leader or Al-Qaeda where Baghdadadi is the leader, however in this case, they do have a leader, a motive common to all attacks etc. Their attacks are disproportionate, uncoordinated and mostly done in self-defense and in some exceptional cases, vengeance. As such, it is impossible to proscribe them.

Also, a terrorist organization has been roughly defined as a group who terrorizes in order to achieve a political, religious or ideological objective. Clearly, Fulani militiamen do not have known political, religious or ideological justification.
Fulani by nature observe a moral code known as the pulaaku. It is quite similar, in basic concepts, to the Yoruba idea of ‘omoluabi’ or the English term of a ‘gentleman’. While it is acknowledged that they’re Fulani criminals out there and they need to be held responsible for their crimes. However, it is wrong to insinuate that the Fulanis are always the aggressors and not the victims. Many peaceful Fulani herdsmen and their families have lost their lives in Pategi, Mabilla and other parts of Taraba. Conclusively, I pray a reasonable resolution is achieved in the current tension happening in the South East and I pray our Eastern brothers should reason from our perspective as well.
Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by Crystolexy: 11:41am On Sep 19, 2017
Croocked mind. how could you make such evil comparition.

Fulani criminal herdsmen do NOT belong to a single group united by a common purpose, ideology and leadership. how then did you know them as Fulani herdsmen? No leadership as if Buhari is no longer the herdsmen leader, isn't the same thing they do your president is doing? Killers

They are all blood sucking demon, They form Boko Haram killing their own in the North, they are in Nigeria Army killing their Terrorist Boko Haram, They are in the East now Killing Innocent peaceful people, they are the herdsmen with AK47 killing villagers and farmers, they are in love with blood and knife and gun, killing everything including human being and animal, Christians and muslim. What keeps bothering me is why is these people sooooo in love with blood? Why Why?
Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by SageTravels: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2017
[s]
TundeHashim:
Many ink has been spilled, more so, by pro-Biafra Sympathizers on the need to label Fulani herdsmen as ‘terrorists’. This is premised on the ground that Fulani herdsmen have raped, maimed, terrorized, murdered, and inflicted a lot of hardship on far too many people than the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB). Furthermore, they claimed that the IPOB is a ‘non-violent’ organization ‘peacefully’ clamoring for the resurrection of a viable and ethnically homogenous nation – Biafra. While it is outside the scope of this work to either examine the viability of Biafra (i.e. economic viability, social and cultural viability etc.) OR the ‘non-violent’ methods of IPOB (i.e. whether activities have been really peaceful), this work aims at explaining reasons why Fulani militia men can’t be labeled ‘terrorists’ by the government. It must be emphasized from the outset that this is NOT a justification or DEFENSE for Fulani criminals. I believe they should face the full wrath of the law just like any other ethnic group. For the sake of the “izz too long” crew, I’ll try and keep it and simple.

First of all, Fulani criminal herdsmen do NOT belong to a single group united by a common purpose, ideology and leadership. In fact, they do not qualify as an ORGANIZATION in the real sense of the word. Compared to IPOB where they are committed to a single leadership while NK is the indisputable leader or Al-Qaeda where Baghdadadi is the leader, however in this case, they do have a leader, a motive common to all attacks etc. Their attacks are disproportionate, uncoordinated and mostly done in self-defense and in some exceptional cases, vengeance. As such, it is impossible to proscribe them.

Also, a terrorist organization has been roughly defined as a group who terrorizes in order to achieve a political, religious or ideological objective. Clearly, Fulani militiamen do not have known political, religious or ideological justification.
Fulani by nature observe a moral code known as the pulaaku. It is quite similar, in basic concepts, to the Yoruba idea of ‘omoluabi’ or the English term of a ‘gentleman’. While it is acknowledged that they’re Fulani criminals out there and they need to be held responsible for their crimes. However, it is wrong to insinuate that the Fulanis are always the aggressors and not the victims. Many peaceful Fulani herdsmen and their families have lost their lives in Pategi, Mabilla and other parts of Taraba. Conclusively, I pray a reasonable resolution is achieved in the current tension happening in the South East and I pray our Eastern brothers should reason from our perspective as well.
[/s]

Rick Ross fall on you
Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
TundeHashim:

Are you from daura du.llard village?
Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
Tunde hasim is a proudly fulani yoruba from ilorin,the yoruba fulani herdsmen are peaceful but those from foreign are wicked,even they do themselves,most of them are even not muslim cos the abenugongon that they using makes them kafir.so it is wrong to label all herdsmen as terrorist,those who are terrorising people know that they are terrorist and who are peaceful among them know they are peace maker.
Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by fallout87: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
Absolute trash. Nonsense.

You can imagine how evil some people are to their core when they explain why fulani's animal herders have a right to kill any southerners but southerners do not have a right to protest or a right to demand equity.

Oppressors.

God will one day vindicate the oppressed.
Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by TundeHashim(m): 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
fallout87:
Absolute trash. Nonsense.

You can imagine how evil some people are to their core when they explain why fulani's animal herders have a right to kill any southerners but southerners do not have a right to protest or a right to demand equity.

Oppressors.

God will one day vindicate the oppressed.
is it possible for someone to pass an English exam by just reading the Topic of an Essay without actually reading the content? i stated it emphatically that Fulani criminals should be punished!
Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by EazyMoh(m): 1:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nice write up. Unfortunately the rest of Nigeria doesn't care. They have successfully demonized Fulanis in general that they can't even stand to understand common sense.
Kind of like how the west demonizes North Korea. To them everything evil starts and ends there.
Fortunately like NK the Fulanis don't tolerate nonsense. You can insult and disparage them all you want, but an attack on them is a debt repayable in ten folds. It doesn't matter how many years it takes, you can't attack them and go Scott free.
Of course their are criminals among them who do not deserve to live due to the atrocities they commit against innocent people nationwide (but these criminals can be found from any tribe) and I believe they deserve no mercy from the law.
But condemning them in its entirety is wrong.
Ask yourself is it possible to prescribe Yoruba Ritualists or Igbo Kidnappers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by konoplyanka: 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2017
Fulani herdsmen are business men roaming about looking for pasture. Although i detest this archaic method. I'm annoyed anytime I see cattle roaming the highway or streets. they litter the street with their dungs and they have caused many accidents on our highway. that is why the government should prohibit their method of business.

There are criminal elements in their midst just like in every group of people even in the church. It is not enough to label them terrorists just because of the criminal acts of some of them. I have seen some nice ones among them too just like in every group. The security agents can not be going about monitoring all the herdsmen in the country. we don't have such resources. some are even in the jungle clashing with farmers in the process and our security men are not everywhere.

Ibo business men are doing their business in every part of the country too. although their are ritualists, kidnappers, armed robbers, drug mules, fake drug sellers and other criminals among them it is also not enough to label every ibo man as criminals. so you have to think before labelling every fulani herdsmen as terrorists.

The government should as a matter of urgency, ban open gracing in nigeria and encourage the herdsmen to embrace ranching method of livestock farming.

State governments should enact a law banning open grazing like Ekiti state if the federal government fails in it's responsibility.
Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by Hashimyussufamao(m): 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
TundeHashim:
is it possible for someone to pass an English exam by just reading the Topic of an Essay without actually reading the content? i stated it emphatically that Fulani criminals should be punished!
buh bro the thing is two faced #i knw good fulanis here at oke odo yet some are killing
Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2017
TundeHashim:

we yoruba muslims must worship at the feet of our masters by any means necessary

1 Like

Re: Why Fulani Herdsmen Cannot Be Categorized As A Terrorist Organization by Chibuzoc(m): 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2017
Fulani herdsmen are NGOs in the zoo

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Senator Ali Ndume, Returns To The Senate (photos) / Secondary Student Learning On The Floor In Delta State / Rigging At PDP Convention Shows Party Depends On Corruption – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.