Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group (25012 Views)

South West Governors Rejects 10,800 Bags Of Rotten Rice Donated By FG As Covid-1 / Osita Chidoka: Atiku's Likely Running Mate. / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by lagosrd: 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
id911:
South east governors are timid, useless and are in fact imbeciles. Someone killed your brothers in cold blood and you couldn't say a word but turned around to blame your brothers

Anyway l'm not Igbo so d matter no concern me, I only pity d way they are badly treated.

May God bless Ayo Fayose

Timid as how?
Are you talking about that one that always cries whenever herdsmen kill his people. I no mention name Ooooo. Oya make I vamoose

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Johnrake69: 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Odianose13(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
Political goals
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by sample042(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
Medicine after death, what stops u from advicing rude Kanu b4 d doom came knocking.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by burkingx(f): 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by reuben79: 1:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
we shall knw them..........dis is one of there sponsor,dey comin out one by one
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Klington: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Very intelligent and unbais criticism

Those baby governors can only cry to massage buhari's ego

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by asawanathegreat(m): 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Oga u have failed d election already stop seeking cheap popularity, it will take u no where.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Mccullum: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
Never rely on politicians statement because their actions and utterances different to when they're still a campaigners and when they're in charge of political office,

believe them at your own disappointed....
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Elin: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin grin grin

This is What I call 'IskaBa Iskoroboto Iskelebete"ߘ 
Chidoka is an IpoB Member, but I guess if IpoB Could fall in trap this Time...With a Road safety Officer.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Elin: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin
lagosrd:

Timid as how?
Are you talking about that one that always cries whenever herdsmen kill his people. I no mention name Ooooo. Oya make I vamoose

grin grin grin
or the one dat declared 20 days dry Fasting to reduce more of his pple.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by lagosrd: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2017
Elin:
grin

grin grin grin
or the one dat declared 20 days dry Fasting to reduce more of his pple.

I no dey ooo.
Before dem come desend on you.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Goke7: 1:17pm On Sep 19, 2017
fergie001:
Osita Chidoka
Articulate,bright and intelligent young man.
Watched him on sunrise daily on Channels today,

This is an election period so do not really follow what he says hook,line and sinker.He sure need the votes,so most of the things he said might not be from the heart.He could have done worse if given the chance.

The main valid point I got from him was that:the youths do not trust their leaders.Especially in Igbo land because of the cash-and-carry politics we play.The Governors and their cluelessness will be well-documented later.

But Chidoka also went off the mark when he advocated a single term of 5years citing that incumbent governors/presidents use state machinery to wanting to win elections.
He was in front of Jonathan's reelection and should not Approbate and reprobate.

Suffice this to say,there is a lot of problems with the Igbo Leadership,there is no roundtable.The leaders are just not there,the Nwobodos,OUKs,et al....are not the ones to look up 2,now see the set of 5 jesters that are 2 join same pool of elders.

Now,Until we begin to challenge our leadership,I mean looking inwards,the kind of people we (s)elect,we will continue 2 suffer.
@ the bolded, you see the wayo of politicians? grin
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by UduMgbo1: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
After the declaration of proscription of IPOB by the court we shall see whether Osita will openly identify with them.

Where was he when IPOB was committing atrocities?
[/s]
e be like say osita's aids no give you t fare that day

jobless miscreants everywhere

Whynotthetruth i nozi kwia? grin

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Goke7: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
Mccullum:
Never rely on politicians statement because their actions and utterances different to when they're still a campaigners and when they're in charge of political office,

believe them at your own disappointed....

exactly if man enter office and ipob disturb am na im go first call army, naija politicians I hail o!
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Abagworo(m): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2017
Chidoka was one of those planning to use IPOB to gain political relevance. His statement is inconsequential.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
Looking for votes from the ipob crowd of course. He forgets that having been in the corridors of power for a long time he is among the Ibo leaders now. Did he actually say that governors should have conducted an opinion poll? from who?..those biafra chanting ipob youth?

He only made one point though...the need for the Government to investigate & pursue truth and reconcilliation after the claims of some killings by the army.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by fergie001: 1:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
Goke7:

@ the bolded, you see the wayo of politicians? grin
Am Igbo and always stand for the truth.
I see your attacking Igbo posts you know.....
I just have to say it as I see it.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Elin: 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2017
grin grin
lagosrd:

I no dey ooo. Before dem come desend on you.
grin Disappearing b4 Dey Desend on somebody is allowed na?

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by ifyain: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2017
The governors and igbo elite should hang their heads in shame. I am ashamed of been an igbo man for once. I am only happy that I have the opportunity of giving my kids dual nationality because we the igbo nation is doomed with these present cash and carry leaders. Mr Kalu might be a bit dramatic but his message is loud and clear, the igbos should not be second class citizens in Nigeria or call a referendum to let them decide their fate.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by mickeymimi: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Buhari went abroad to save his life and get a good medical care ... shows how precious life is ......so all I pray for is that........ the Army doesn't kill anyone...knowing they way they behave..... because those civilians lives are also precious.... they can bring people to books if they commit crime.

I hope Buhari can build a very good ..top of the scale.....low cost hospital in Nigeria ... where Nigerians and people abroad can also come and receive treatment.... in gratitude to Nigeria for funding his treatment abroad and standing by him while abroad.....
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by GOZ4CHRIST(m): 1:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
WE ARE STILL WATCHING. Biafra And Nnamdi Kanu Are Becoming The Most Popular Names In Nigeria And Africa
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by suremanpatriot: 1:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
See former road safety man wey don chop d money so tey with nothin to show. Now na politrickian wey wan lecture ppl on matter wey e follow cause.
igbo tribalist made themselves second class citizens, they are not united among themselves ,no brotherly spirit from family level to political office. Is only money tht is their brother. UNLESS THEY CHANGE THAT MENTALITY,THEY WILL CONTINUE TO HALLUCINATE. Their levels of self deceits and discrimination knows no bounds,e.gwhen it comes to sharing resources the unenlighted majority of Anambra or abia ppl will tell igbos in Delta tht you are not igbos,jst because of dialectic differences. They are fools fooling their enter lineage and generations. Even Chief Ojukwu warned them abt this political disaster, but the ignoramus selfcentred gluttons among them persisted till date. This is why they live in fools paradise thinkin to wake and achiev something without critical mass of igbo tribes across the nation. Also Governors hav their own problems of depriving their subjects of productive education,infrastructure and sense of direction. But the major blame falls on mercenaries who continue to manipulate their ignorant ppl to wallow in their oblivion,isolationism and self betrayer because of their wanton appeptite for money and not brotherly love. This is the thrust of the matter,anything ppl write or say afterwards does not hold water. Period!

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by CampuChan: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
After the declaration of proscription of IPOB by the court we shall see whether Osita will openly identify with them.

Why have you stopped writing useless articles? Seems no one has the time to read badly rehashed work.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2017
He has said the right things but there is no difference between him and those selfish governors. No one should take him serious. I began to suspect his motives when he personally drove Nnamdi Kanu after the court granted him bail. His type will still kowtow to the caliphate.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by luggy(m): 1:52pm On Sep 19, 2017
useless governor in the south east
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by augustine: 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
Omeokachie:
The governors lack the balls...

Their arewa counterparts have come to give them a most condescending 'good boy' pat on the back.

Would a governor Elrufai, Shettima, Masari, or Tambuwal have done what they did should the table be turned and a Southerner the president?

Pity some people still do not understand that some group of individuals in the country play the tunes, while others can only dance to it. This is the jinx IPOB is trying to break. Unfortunately, the odds stacked against them is humongous.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by DIKEnaWAR: 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Aside seeking to harvest where you did not plant, what else do you stand for in life?
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by kikake: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
MrRationalBlog:
Frontline contender and candidate of the United Progressive Party (UPP) in the November 18, 2017 Anambra governorship election, Chief Osita Chidoka has slammed the governors of the south East states for what he termed failure of leadership in their handling of issues relating to the agitation by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, in the region.
Chidoka, who spoke while fielding questions during a national radio interview monitored on Monday also rejected the military’s declaration of IPOB as a terrorist group, saying the military was not in the position to do so without passing through laid down legal and constitutional provisions.

The UPP governorship candidate carpeted the governors for going beyond their constitutional and legal limits to announce a proscription of IPOB, which, according to him, remains a futility under the law.
He said the governors failed in their mandate to adequately aggregate the views and interests of the people of the region to other parts of the country, a situation which created a vacuum leading to the escalation of agitations, and should have used the opportunity of the face-off to revert to the people and provide the much needed political leadership in the region.

According to Chidoka, “From a leadership perspective, it would be good on the part of the governors to do something to stem what was going on with the military, but in terms of the proscription of IPOB, the governors went beyond their mandate; they went beyond their legal capacity.

“All they needed to have done, if they were listening to the wishes and aspiration of the people of the southeast, was that, instead of calling for a meeting with Nnamdi Kanu, they should have conducted an opinion poll to find out what the issues were.
He said the question should have been, ‘What do you want us to tell the government that you feel Nnamdi Kanu is saying that we are not saying?’ “Then they should be able to seek audience with the President or the vice President and say ‘these are the issues’.”
“I believe that the failure of leadership on the part of the governors of the southeast became glaring to the whole country and their effort at announcing a proscription was beyond their legal limits. They should have used it as a basis to aggregate the views and channeling them appropriately”, he said.

Chidoka lamented that the military action occurred at the time the people of the southeast were already reviewing the modus of the agitation to ensure that it was not in negation of other ethnic groups in the country.

Faulting the military, Chidoka said it was not in a position to declare IPOB a terrorist organization, without following certain established legal actions.
“To declare an organization a terrorist organization requires certain legal action to be taken. Those legal actions were not taken. The military is not in the position to declare an organization a terrorist organization. So I think, fundamentally, the declaration was an act in futility.

“First and foremost, I think that government should follow the due process of the law to criminalize the activity of any group including IPOB if it violates the law of the country of Nigeria.

“Once they do that, then they will go to the next stage of getting the police to enforce that law. If in enforcing the law, the organization turns into an insurrection, then you can go back to the military. Anything short of that is unconstitutional and an action in futility”, he said.

Chidoka further called for auditing of the activities of the military saying such would help de-escalate the tension in the region.

“Now that this military action has happened, it is critical that we audit what happened. It is important that the claims of death and killings and no death and no killings need to be audited.

“That auditing mechanism that we have in the National Assembly, that ability to go back and look at what has transpired is important for us to deescalate the tension in the land.”

Chidoka, insisted that rule of law and dialogue, rather than force and subjugation of voices hold the answers to the agitations not only in the south east but among other groups in the country.

Source: http://RationalTV..in/2017/09/rationaltv-ipob-chidoka-slams-south.html

The present crop of Southeast governors don't even understand the imbalance in Nigeria's political structure; they don't even understand that the political process of Nigeria is flawed. They are a bunch of barely educated people.
Time was during OBJ administration when very well educated SE governors could finish a meeting without a mention in the communique for either political restructuring of Nigeria or creation of additional states in the SE.
Re: IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group by DIKEnaWAR: 2:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
Klington:
Very intelligent and unbais criticism
Those baby governors can only cry to massage buhari's ego

About this pic; the real action happens at 10:10 pm. Dig it!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Sonni Ogbuoji Dumps PDP For APC / How Technology And Social Media Helped Buhari To Win / "I Hold No Grudges Against Anyone" -- James Ibori Says After His Release. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.