Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,565 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd (3988 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd by larimo(m): 11:45pm On Mar 08, 2010
the Open Heavens (OP) comes in various format so as to meet the challenges of the day. You have prints as well as e-formats. There are many who prefer not to carry their OP around so the idea of e-format is good. Its the same approach for a lot of resources (religious and non-religious) today that r now in e-format usually at a fee.

People should think about the lessons they can get from such a book, etc. Besides, for those questioning the cost, the print costs N700-N800 for an entire 365 devotions, which translates to rougly N2.00 per day or N62 per month undecided. The OP mobile format cost N1000, ~N90 per month undecided. Dont forget that it costs money to prepare these things.

To those who say RCCG has money and should give these things free, its not as simple as you think. assuming u hv 1million followers, that equates to at least 700M annually if given free. do you know that RCCG has one of the largest missionary network which is its primary drive - soul winning. How do you fund things like this when you 'give away' N700M annually?

If any considers Adeboye to be a fraud, time will tell, cos according to the 'wisdom of gamaliel', false teachers, etc will be gone in no time. We should be more interested in reading/studying the Bible and preparing for heaven wink.

Remember, even Paul the Apostle asked (paraphasing) ' is it wrong if we even reaped from your material blessings?' undecided.

thats the way i see it,
Re: Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd by TCD: 10:05am On Mar 09, 2010
larimo:

the Open Heavens (OP) comes in various format so as to meet the challenges of the day. You have prints as well as e-formats. There are many who prefer not to carry their OP around so the idea of e-format is good. Its the same approach for a lot of resources (religious and non-religious) today that r now in e-format usually at a fee.

People should think about the lessons they can get from such a book, etc. Besides, for those questioning the cost, the print costs N700-N800 for an entire 365 devotions, which translates to rougly N2.00 per day or N62 per month undecided. The OP mobile format cost N1000, ~N90 per month undecided. Dont forget that it costs money to prepare these things.

To those who say RCCG has money and should give these things free, its not as simple as you think. assuming u hv 1million followers, that equates to at least 700M annually if given free. do you know that RCCG has one of the largest missionary network which is its primary drive - soul winning. How do you fund things like this when you 'give away' N700M annually?

If any considers Adeboye to be a fraud, time will tell, cos according to the 'wisdom of gamaliel', false teachers, etc will be gone in no time. We should be more interested in reading/studying the Bible and preparing for heaven wink.

Remember, even Paul the Apostle asked (paraphasing) ' is it wrong if we even reaped from your material blessings?' undecided.

thats the way i see it,
Did it cost N700M to develop the application?

What you were meant to say is How can we lose N700M in sales revenue and profit. and that my friend is the language of the business world.

The jehovah witnesses 'give away' their materials, How do they fund their worldwide ministries?
Re: Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd by maedan(f): 10:13am On Mar 09, 2010
Will you guys quit mentioning the Witnesses? I mean let's face it, I love their free literature (though they always do ask for a "token"wink, but can it honestly be compared to a devotional like Open Heavens and its app version?? People pleeasee!! These are informative and edifying "pamphlets" and booklets. They must have a way of producing it cheaply, maybe a sponsor even handles the publishing for them for free. But can you honestly expect the same from a whole book that is the Open Heavens?? Let's start being real and realistic here. Too much awoof, they say. . . well, don't let me finish.
Re: Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd by TCD: 10:51am On Mar 09, 2010
maedan:

Will you guys quit mentioning the Witnesses? I mean let's face it, I love their free literature (though they always do ask for a "token"wink, but can it honestly be compared to a devotional like Open Heavens and its app version?? People pleeasee!! These are informative and edifying "pamphlets" and booklets. They must have a way of producing it cheaply, maybe a sponsor even handles the publishing for them for free. But can you honestly expect the same from a whole book that is the Open Heavens?? Let's start being real and realistic here.
My dear, literature = literature.

The Awake! and watchtower magazines are given FREE EVERY MONTH! That is an average joe receives 24 of these free magazines throughout the year. And better they come in full colour too unlike the Open heavens.

Now bind the 24 issues of these magazines you recieve in a year and compare it to the open heavens Adeboye is merchandising all over then tell us your observation. Lets stop with these silly excuses please.
Too much awoof, they say. . . well, don't let me finish.
Is salvation not awoof too? Why don't you go tell Jesus say e dey run your belle.

Is the Grace of God not awoof? Please forward your adage to the Almighty God so he can learn.
Re: Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd by maedan(f): 11:16am On Mar 09, 2010
TCD:

My dear, literature = literature.

The Awake! and watchtower magazines are given FREE EVERY MONTH! That is an average joe receives 24 of these free magazines throughout the year. And better they come in full colour too unlike the Open heavens.

Now bind the 24 issues of these magazines you recieve in a year and compare it to the open heavens Adeboye is merchandising all over then tell us your observation. Lets stop with these silly excuses please.Is salvation not awoof too? Why don't you go tell Jesus say e dey run your belle.

Is the Grace of God not awoof? Please forward your adage to the Almighty God so he can learn.

What are you saying and what am I saying? Colourful informative magazines being compared to Open Heavens, a book. Do you know your literature at all??

And what is a silly excuse about calling it awoof to want to get all your Christian literature for free?? I love J. Witnesses' publications, I remember buying one of their BOOKS - "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived". I remember it wasn't cheap. It was a hardbound BOOK about Jesus Christ and his life on earth. Why didn't they dash it out to me eh?? Maybe as an incentive to join their fold, hmm?? For where!! I bought it once, it was borrowed (permanently) and I had to buy it again.

So what I'm saying, madam, is that in the Church, some things come with a price tag. Deal with it.

Comparing free/not free literature to the Grace and Salvation of God. Are you for real??
Re: Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd by Kx: 11:22am On Mar 09, 2010
maedan:

What are you saying and what am I saying? Colourful informative magazines being compared to Open Heavens, a book. Do you know your literature at all??

And what is a silly excuse about calling it awoof to want to get all your Christian literature for free?? I love J. Witnesses' publications, I remember buying one of their BOOKS - "The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived". I remember it wasn't cheap. It was a hardbound BOOK about Jesus Christ and his life on earth. Why didn't they dash it out to me eh?? Maybe as an incentive to join their fold, hmm?? For where!! I bought it once, it was borrowed (permanently) and I had to buy it again.

So what I'm saying, madam, is that in the Church, some things come with a price tag. Deal with it.

Comparing free/not free literature to the Grace and Salvation of God. Are you for real??

Truth be told,if the publishers and contributors to he Awake,watchtower and similar magazines
were Nigerian men of God,i bet we 'd be paying compulsorily for Awake by now.
Re: Adeboye Blackberry Open Heaven $4.99 Usd by maedan(f): 11:35am On Mar 09, 2010
Kx:

Truth be told,if the publishers and contributors to he Awake,watchtower and similar magazines
were Nigerian men of God,i bet we 'd be paying compulsorily for Awake by now.

LOL. Nigerian men of God don suffer!!
So that's the next thing to say eh, that Nigerian Churches/men of God are greedy/money-crazy??
I don't want to name any names, but please go to the United States and see how they are running things. Ok, I will mention names. T.D. Jakes produces books, audio and video CDs, podcasts, programmes. Dude, you pay for everything. Try asking T.D. Jakes to start giving one of his bestselling literature out free. You'll get the reply you deserve grin grin. (I love TDJ by the way).

So you see, we got this materialistic view from outside. It's not a Nigerian thing. You need to understand: things cost money. Salvation is not a thing. The Grace of God is not a "thing". So can we please stop the comparisons right here and now. Peace wink.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Tries To Fly Like Angel To Jerusalem, Breaks Legs Before His Congregation / Muslims Leave Islam After Reading The Qur’an / Why Does The Bible 'God' Love Killing So Much, Yet Says ''Thou Shall Not Kill''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.