Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly (1380 Views)

My KIA RIO Is Giving My Sleepless Night / My Kia Soreto Consumes To Much Fuel / Help My Kia Cerato Is Making Unusual Noise When I Shift The Gear Stick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly by noskcid(m): 4:38pm On Sep 19, 2017
good afternoon house
I bought my KIA Rio 03 last month but the car smokes badly (black smoke) but the engine is very very OK and another thing I noticed is the fuel consumption, ah very high 1k fuel cannot take me to the island to and fro.
we have tried so many ways to stop but it still brings out black smoke. pls help and I will really appreciate it thanks.

Re: Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly by abolore80(m): 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
check your catalytic conveter, 02 sensor, or run a scan. you will surely get it resolved. it's a minor issue.

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly by Nemesis1: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
If your car is addicted to smoking then you must be a smoker grin

Just kidding if it's black smoke I heard it's the injector or catalyst converter as the FTC said

1 Like

Re: Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly by Nemesis1: 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
My own pathfinder brings black smoke sometimes and white sometimes

I have the oil gauge is still at normal level so it's not shortening / shorting oil

Any advise will be appreciated too

And I can't bring the hazard / security to turn off whole driving it confuses bikers and drivers as well

Autojosh abeg show
Re: Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly by autologic: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
noskcid:
good afternoon house
I bought my KIA Rio 03 last month but the car smokes badly (black smoke) but the engine is very very OK and another thing I noticed is the fuel consumption, ah very high 1k fuel cannot take me to the island to and fro.
we have tried so many ways to stop but it still brings out black smoke. pls help and I will really appreciate it thanks.
Re: Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly by autologic: 7:08pm On Sep 19, 2017
noskcid:
good afternoon house
Black smoke is an indication of very excessively fuel consumption due to ecu response getting faulty input signal from any of its sensors .
This can range from extremely lean mixture
due to faulty sensors or lean signal due short to ground issue.
Go for diagnosis in a recommended techie that can nail down the cause with modern tool and right skill

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Help, My Kia Rio 2003 Smokes Badly by Nemesis1: 7:19am On Sep 20, 2017
autologic:

Black smoke is an indication of very excessively fuel consumption due to ecu response due to getting faulty input signal from any of its sensors .
This can range from extremely lean signal due to faulty sensors or short to ground issue.
Go for diagnosis in a recommended techie that can nail down the cause with modern tool !!!

Speak English abeg

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The VIP ₦155m KLASSEN Mercedes-benz Viano Limousine Luxury Office / Spoilers, Splitters And Wings: What They Do To Your Car / HELP!!! My Honda City 2012 Goes Off On Motion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.