Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Deported - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deported (6607 Views)

Man Deported After Confessing His Immigration Status To UK Catholic Priest / Edo Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids, Cries In Lagos (Photos) / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deported by Starmish: 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hello,

I need advice. I was recently deported from the US and I need your advice on what to do.

I have travelled to so many countries because of my profession and have been to the US before on a professional exchange visit visa. I have also always returned at the stipulated time and have no criminal records.

Things got a little bit harder for me here in Nigeria and I decided to apply for a US B1/B2 visa masking that I wanted to visit even though I planned to work. The visa was easy to get having had a sort of relationship with the US guys in Nigeria.

I arrived at the POE and through hardluck and very stubborn immigration officials, it was discovered I had another mission. The incriminating messages on my phone and social media accounts were searched (which clearly suggested I was in the US to work) made it easier for them and they recorded this against my prints, name and I was deported.

I was equally not prepared for the questions because I assumed I won't face any scrutiny having been to the US before so I was a little bit honest especially after discovering I was caught. This made the immigration lady to offer me two options:

1. Withdraw my visa willingly and reapply anytime I want or

2. Be banned from the US for 5years and be forcefully removed.

I of course choose the former and returned to Nigeria quietly and still facing the challenges I thought visiting to work in the US will solve. Infact, I'm now in deeper debts.

Now my questions.

1. What should I do with my passport especially if I want to travel to another country? The US immigration officer cancelled and really destroyed the Visa on my passport with ink. Would this not raise a red flag if I present it elsewhere?

2. I have professional engagements in the US early next year. What will nairalanders advise me to do? Write the US embassy to apologise or how can I atone for my sins?

3. Is it ever possible to enter the US again given my story?

PS: I owned up to my mistake and have come clean. Kindly just advise and don't insult me please. I made a terrible mistake and I know it. I just want your advise.

Regards.
Re: Deported by 40kobo77: 4:59pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hmmm.

Was your Visa cancelled with prejudice or not?since you volunteered to leave yourself.

It is usually written on it. Let's get that answer before we proceed.

3 Likes

Re: Deported by Starmish: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2017
What I have on it is "REVOKED" and "application for admission withdrawn" stamped on it twice.
Re: Deported by dannytoe(m): 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
So you wanted to run leave us in this fvckedup country.........meanwhile dont even think of apologizing as ur apology may fall on deaf ears, i will advise you to, first try to visit other countries like UK, SouthAfrica or Dubai first. to test the efficiency of that ur visa before reapplying for the US again, though it may be harder now, cos trust me those guys have already registered ur crime in their system with ur identity, which make's the process more narrow and deficult for them to forget or grant u another visa..........just pray to God, he will help u.

8 Likes

Re: Deported by Starmish: 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
Thank you. Funny enough, I just wanted to spend few months in the US. I was never going to run. Thanks anyway.
Re: Deported by megastu(m): 1:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
I will suggest you write a long letter of explanation of what happened and how the situation has now changed.

Mind you, you have to show, with very clear evidence, how your circumstances have changed from the previous position.

Good luck!
Starmish:
Hello,

I need advice. I was recently deported from the US and I need your advice on what to do.

I have travelled to so many countries because of my profession and have been to the US before on a professional exchange visit visa. I have also always returned at the stipulated time and have no criminal records.

Things got a little bit harder for me here in Nigeria and I decided to apply for a US B1/B2 visa masking that I wanted to visit even though I planned to work. The visa was easy to get having had a sort of relationship with the US guys in Nigeria.

I arrived at the POE and through hardluck and very stubborn immigration officials, it was discovered I had another mission. The incriminating messages on my phone and social media accounts were searched (which clearly suggested I was in the US to work) made it easier for them and they recorded this against my prints, name and I was deported.

I was equally not prepared for the questions because I assumed I won't face any scrutiny having been to the US before so I was a little bit honest especially after discovering I was caught. This made the immigration lady to offer me two options:

1. Withdraw my visa willingly and reapply anytime I want or

2. Be banned from the US for 5years and be forcefully removed.

I of course choose the former and returned to Nigeria quietly and still facing the challenges I thought visiting to work in the US will solve. Infact, I'm now in deeper debts.

Now my questions.

1. What should I do with my passport especially if I want to travel to another country? The US immigration officer cancelled and really destroyed the Visa on my passport with ink. Would this not raise a red flag if I present it elsewhere?

2. I have professional engagements in the US early next year. What will nairalanders advise me to do? Write the US embassy to apologise or how can I atone for my sins?

3. Is it ever possible to enter the US again given my story?

PS: I owned up to my mistake and have come clean. Kindly just advise and don't insult me please. I made a terrible mistake and I know it. I just want your advise.

Regards.
Re: Deported by Starmish: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
Thank you. I have refreshed this page several times and I have been waiting for responses having had close to 250 views. Shows my situation is peculiar and unique.

I do hope the situation changes and by then I can have things to prove.

Thank you.
Re: Deported by Lexusgs430: 2:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Starmish:
Thank you. I have refreshed this page several times and I have been waiting for responses having had close to 250 views. Shows my situation is peculiar and unique.

Thank you.

Your situation is not peculiar nor unique. A deportation is still a deportation, regardless of form.......

I would personally advice you do not think about your professional engagement in the USA, not unless you can use technology for the engagement and not physical representation....

Give yourself enough time to stew over this incident, before you reapply......

Applying through another country either, would not ease the pain. Simply because, they all share immigration databases.

Use this unfortunate experience as a leverage for future dealings.......

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deported by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Mynd44 day don break for this section oh

Justwise abeg show face...this needs guidance and can we have a thread created dedicated to similar challenges.

1 Like

Re: Deported by Godson201333(m): 6:45am On Sep 24, 2017
In my own opinion.I would advice you to give future Visa Applications a break and work on your personality.One thing every VO do not like to see in you or your documents is desperation.´They always want you to go back home after visiting the country as long as you are not applying for immigrant Visa.With your current situation,your Visa application again to US,Germany or any other Western country might be seen as no goal trip.They will off course consider you as someone who is desperate and this automatically leads to Visa denial

The issue is this,when applying for Visas all Embassies have interest in your past trip and also if you have ever been deported and why were you deported..If you cannot wait a little bit longer before re applying for visa ,How do you intend to perfectly answer these questions? Lie?That will probably be figure out through Database?I know USA,The USCIS Database stores everything and your finger print is also with them already.

like someone said,Applying from another country makes no difference.You need to have the country residence permit be it Ghana or anywhere,and still the same procedure.You must be able to Demonstrate your ties to the country,assurance that you gonna go back home.However,its still the same Database.So Sorry because I can understand what you are going through right now...

Just think of it and don't jeopardise your chances.

Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?
(YES/NO):
EXPLAIN:

Has your U.S. Visa ever been cancelled or revoked?
(YES/NO): .
EXPLAIN:

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?
(YES/NO):
EXPLAIN:
Re: Deported by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Starmish:

Thank you.

You underestimated the people at the POE. Do you think they want you to use a visit visa for work? Being honest doesn't change anything for them.Use their visa for what it's meant for

If you can allow a period of at least five years before applying again, this is the best solution

1 Like

Re: Deported by Afam4eva(m): 10:34am On Sep 24, 2017
I just need to point out that you dug your own grave (sorry for using this metaphor). I don't understand how people will not just delete any incriminating information on their phone no matter the situation.

The truth is that it's gonna be difficult for you to be readmitted into the US but i think because you have visited previously and returned, there's still hope for you. What you need to do is to get a decent job in Nigeria and use it as a basis of your returning to Nigeria. If you are another married, you could also get married and should it as a bargaining chip.

As far as going to another country. if you're talking about Canada or even the UK, be aware that these countries share information and these countries won't take a chance with you because of your red flag.

I wish you the best but please don't apologize to the US consulate because it will complicate issues. They hate apologies.

4 Likes

Re: Deported by SabrinaTravel: 3:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
Thanks @moderator for rubbing off my long written revelation. I know it would be removed, and that's why I returned here to check. I believe my message has been passed across already, and absorbed by the nairalanders who are smart enough to read and grab it's worthy content.
By the way, I see no bad in saying the truth. Only truth can settle the mind of a man.
Re: Deported by justwise(m): 3:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
SabrinaTravel:
Thanks @moderator for rubbing off my long written revelation. I know it would be removed, and that's why I returned here to check. I believe my message has been passed across already, and absorbed by the nairalanders who are smart enough to read and grab it's worthy content.
By the way, I see no bad in saying the truth. Only truth can settle the mind of a man.
[b][/b]

Read the attachment

Keep deceiving the gullible ones, not me.

You knew that this section is not for questionable post like the one you posted earlier

Re: Deported by SabrinaTravel: 3:59pm On Sep 25, 2017
justwise:

[/b][b][/b]

Read the attachment

Dear justwise,

To you it may be a lie, but to most people it's the only way out.

Not everyone will have an opportunity as you. We are here for one single purpose: to be our brothers' keepers. Don't be too wise bro.
Re: Deported by justwise(m): 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
SabrinaTravel:

Dear justwise,

To you it may be a lie, but to most people it's the only way out.

Not everyone will have an opportunity as you. We are here for one single purpose: to be our brothers' keepers. Don't be too wise bro.

I will not be one of the fools neither

2 Likes

Re: Deported by Starmish: 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Hello,

I didn't see what was deleted because I have been offline. No matter how harsh it may be, I can live with it. What I am currently facing is worse anyway.

Please repost if you want to.
Re: Deported by Starmish: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
Very painful.

Having admitted my mistakes p, I'll take my case to my Saviour.

Thank you.
Re: Deported by Starmish: 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=Pidgin2 post=60771195]

It wouldn't be that long. I'll tell you the concluding part of the story soon.

Regards
Re: Deported by Starmish: 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
Sad. Very sad.

I won't lie through this yet I'll overcome very very soon.
Re: Deported by Starmish: 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
It is not over Bro. It's not.
Re: Deported by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2018
I hope for the best for you bro, I also have a similar situation but on my case I have no intention of working but the incriminating messages on my phone and the interrogation I faced makes me to surrendered and I was instantly got a five years ban with no option of withdrawn my application it was very painful!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deported by Kenekingisback: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2018
But where is lalasticlala sef undecided
Re: Deported by Ademola121(m): 1:14am On Jan 11, 2019
Uhmmmmm. I’m short of words. I am just recovering from my own shock too.

I was also deported about the same time as you were last year September 2017.

You story is very very similar. I came to Nairaland to see if there is a thread for us and how we can gain our confidence to travel elsewhere again.

I know a lot of Nairaland who have not been through this situation may not understand how this feels. I’m my case, I wasn’t trying to run from Nigeria.

My business was doing well. I teach internet marketing and I had just resigned from a very good post in the bank just to go to the US to study more on how I can train more of my brothers and sisters back home.

The mistake I made was that, my return ticket was about 4 months interval so they concluded I wanted to stay permanently.

I have blessed a lot of lives here in Nigeria before I resigned, I still teach internet marketing and I guess that is why I’ve not really felt the deportation.

Bro please try and reach me via email let’s put head together to get out of this. I can also teach you businesses you can do in the meantime to raise money for this battle.

I was detained for hours which is most painful part . I no longer want to go back to the US, I just want to clear this mess so I will be admitted in other countries. I was offered asylum but nah! I chose to come back home. I was hurt that America could do that to me.
Re: Deported by Starmish: 9:30am On Sep 20, 2019
UPDATE!

I told you guys its not over and that my God - the one I serve will not only forgive me but will also restore me! He has even confirmed that He will bring me out of the bondage I put myself in!

Anyway, since the unfortunate event that happened to me, I have travelled to the following countries:

a France (twice)
b Germany
c Turkey
d Greece
e South Africa
f - I'm preparing to go to morocco and Singapore before year end

I just thought to update the naysayers and those who think it is over for me

I will be back and be better because my God will surely restore me!

Shalom!

7 Likes

Re: Deported by justwise(m): 10:02am On Sep 20, 2019
Starmish:
UPDATE!

I told you guys its not over and that my God - the one I serve will not only forgive me but will also restore me! He has even confirmed that He will bring me out of the bondage I put myself in!

Anyway, since the unfortunate event that happened to me, I have travelled to the following countries:

a France (twice)
b Germany
c Turkey
d Greece
e South Africa

f - I'm preparing to go to morocco and Singapore before year end

I just thought to update the naysayers and those who think it is over for me

I will be back and be better because my God will surely restore me!

Shalom!

1.Did you disclose your deportation during your visa application?

2. Did you apply with the same passport?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are There Opportunity For Nigerian Migrant Wishing To Enter The Island Of Malta? / REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? / Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.