Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Must You Fight In Your Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must You Fight In Your Marriage? (704 Views)

“If You Fight My Side Chick, I Will Upgrade Her To Wife” - Nigerian Man. / Baby Dies While Couple Engage In A Fight In Ondo / Disgrace! Husband & Wife Fight In Public, Exchange Blows. Wife Wins? (Pix Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must You Fight In Your Marriage? by askseunoladele: 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2017
MUST YOU FIGHT IN YOUR MARRIAGE?

After reading my article on YOU WILL NOT GET BORED in marriage yesterday, some said I was not being real. I seem to be living in cloud 9 and no good marriage exists without fighting and hullabaloo. One even claimed to be a marriage preacher/counsellor and he's been in the business of telling his mentees the "truth" about marriage for a long time.

The world's standard of marriage is none of my business, God's standard is my business. My neighbour's marriage is not my yardstick, God's word is my yardstick!

God originated marriage so I get instructions from Him. You can't be carnal and have a good marriage. It takes being holy, fully obeying the word to have a good marriage.

Must you fight your spouse? Must you keep malice? Must you cheat on your wife/husband? Must you have an affair? Must you steal and tell lies? Must you drink and smoke? These are what destroy marriages! Sin should be ABNORMAL to a born again Christian, holiness should be NORMAL to you. Fighting, abusing, criticizing, condemning your spouse, hatred and lust shouldn't be found in your life as a child of God talk less of unleashing all these vices on your spouse, these are what kill marriages!

The problem is people don't want to obey the word. They want to enjoy sin and still have a great marriage, how is that possible?

The Bible says "husband, love your wife like Christ loves the church...." Does Jesus abuse the church? Does he criticize, judge, condemn, fight, beat us and cheat on us? What else is the problem?
When you submit to the lordship of Jesus, does your relationship with him become bitter? Nay, it becomes sweeter. When a wife lovingly submits and a husband selflessly loves, the result is bliss. All fights are unnecessary, they are the result of selfishness and ungodliness!

Of course there is no perfect marriage, no perfect wife or husband exist, I've said that countless times. Everyone has weaknesses and we should work on on our weaknesses daily.

There are challenges in life, that is normal. You have misunderstanding with people including your boss at the office. I've written about that. (I don't know why some people enjoy listening to problems and tales of woe than focusing on bliss as God intended it in His word), all these shouldn't make us misbehave and treat our spouse wrongly. I used to wander why more marriages are breaking despite more marriage preachers springing here and there. The reason is simple. More people are climbing the pulpit to teach people the wrong principles that put their own marriage at jeopardy. No matter how anointed anyone sounds or looks, if what they preach is not in agreement with the word, you have every right to throw it away.

Whenever I talk about my husband, some feel I praise him too much. Praise? I'm simply stating facts about him. You can't hide the truth for a long time especially when writing, you will eventually spill it out.

My husband loves me like Christ loves the church and makes marriage heaven on earth for me. He is a God-man, a Bible-man, a man with an active conscience who obeys the word and hates sin. He doesn't keep malice, doesn't tell lies, doesn't lust after women, doesn't have a single female friend and is a role model to me and our children. He is a great giver, forgiver and lover. When a man loves his wife genuinely, she has no choice than to submit to him.

The devil will test your love. Challenges will come but in Christ and obedience to the word, you will overcome.

I am not a messenger of woe! I am a messenger of love, joy, peace, bliss, hope and deliverance. That is my business, that is what the good Lord asks me to do. May the Lord grant all of us more understanding of the word and how he wants our marriage to be in Jesus' name. Feel free to share . God bless you. Cheers!
© Seun Oladele, September19, 2017.
www.askseunoladele..com

2 Likes

Re: Must You Fight In Your Marriage? by ImaIma1(f): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2017
Marriage is meant to enjoyed. Misunderstandings are normal but it doesn't have to become a fight. When there is love, both parties will make life easy for each other and not try to dominate each other to show supremacy of power

1 Like

Re: Must You Fight In Your Marriage? by Tinalex(f): 12:57pm On Sep 20, 2017
I just wish people can listen and stop being selfish because everything that is going wrong in this our world as human is based on selfishness. To have the best of marriage let us stop satisfying the flesh, love with your whole heart I don't even need to say too much the Op has finished it all. May God bless your marriage and make you overcome every temptation that your family might come across.

1 Like

Re: Must You Fight In Your Marriage? by lordsapphire(m): 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
woow...God bless you for this article
Re: Must You Fight In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 12:17am On Sep 21, 2017
One thing is for sure, fight is inevitable, siblings fight and quarell talkmore of couple from different backgrounds having different ideology.
Re: Must You Fight In Your Marriage? by KanwuliaExtra: 1:06am On Sep 21, 2017
This your "God" wey you dey mention get wife?

So which "word yardstick" you dey use? undecided

My own "God" nor get wife o, so does not interfere in my matters of matrimony. I really appreciate it. kiss

Make im try to find im own wife first before im begin lecture abeg.

Thank you! kiss

Anyway. . . Fight makes "sex sweeter"!
Nothing like sleeping with/phocking the h-enemy right? wink

(1) (Reply)

Man Deceives Barren Wife, Impregnates Divorcee / Strawberry Farming: The New Goldmine In Agriculture. / Good Bye Familylanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.