Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober (2564 Views)

See What A Slay Queen Posted On Facebook That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober by domexydomen1: 10:36pm On Sep 19, 2017
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 7:19 PM
To:
Subject: FW: THE EXIT OF AN ICON.

Dear Colleagues,

The journey which started precisely on the 2nd of October, 2010 about 7 years ago has ended today. Like the wise will always say, ‘that ten children can’t play together for ten years’ so, I think now is the perfect time for me to opt out for a new challenge and a better phase of life. Each time a colleague is living the system, i do hear statement like, ‘I found it difficult to say good-bye and i begin to wonder or smile because for me, i was actually praying for the day i will say good-bye to corporate slavery or better put as ‘suffering and smiling life style’. Before i was employed by UBA, i had my HND (upper credit) in Mechanical Engineering but was asked to drop at the point of writing the test and re-apply with OND result. For a young man who just came back from NYSC with the zeal of looking for what to do, i had to obey with the intention that such a big organization would have good structure for carrier growth not knowing that that was the greatest error i had ever made in life.

I have worked with several units in UBA like, account opening, maintenance unit, treasury operations, trade operations and finally deployed to the branch as a teller and at times work as CSO. I have scored role model, middle model and first class model if there is any, but all these didn’t metamorphose to promotion for good seven years. The worst came when the goat and the sheep were divided along different carrier parts, some to run and some to crawl.

The most annoying part is after spending good six years in school including NYSC, someone will tell you that you didn’t go to school. They will employ small children that graduated yesterday for you to train and after training them they become your supervisor and the respect varnishes.

What actually motivates a man? Is it the good working environment or the big name of the organization that you work? People do say that money is not everything, agreed but they also forget that money is the only reason why we wake up every day by 5pm, birth and dress to work. UBA as a bank is not a charity organization, so, input should determine output. For some of us who had spend years in the system, just ask yourself a question, am i making progress in life or am just working for working sake? But the truth is, is not UBAs fault because you can choose to stay or leave. Like the Oga’s will always say, ‘If you are tired you can resign’ meaning there is no hope for you.

I would say i have achieved one thing while working with UBA-Knowing wonderful people like you, my professional certificate and MBA. For some of us who are still in the system also try and advance yourself academically as this will make a better way for you tomorrow.

However, i thank UBA for given me the opportunity to learn the lesson of my life, otherwise, i wouldn’t have been wise. I pray for some of us who are still sleeping to wake up, and for some of us who are looking forward to a memorable day like this where they could say good-bye. May God who answered me, answer you speedily in Jesus name Amen.

On this note, i say a very big thank you to all of us and good-bye.

United Bank for Africa Plc
53 Marina, Lagos, Nigeria
DL: +234-1- Ext:
Mobile: +234-
E-mail: @ubagroup.com

Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Google+ | YouTube | UBA Blog

...Africa's Global Bank

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober by sablaluv(m): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
hope it's not a fluke.
Re: Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober by domexydomen1: 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2017
So sad...
Re: Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober by PastorandMentor(m): 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
Rubbish. Who forced you to work? Many jobless people are out there. They need that job.
Re: Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober by Cuddlebugie(f): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
It's no news the banking sector is a corporate slave camp. The employees are subjected to many unfavourable labour conditions by their slave masters.
Re: Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober by lastbornbetter: 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
PastorandMentor:
Rubbish. Who forced you to work? Many jobless people are out there. They need that job.
You call yourself a Pastor and mentor but listen to the Rubbish you just said. So because people are out there searching for job you now encourage corporate slavery right? I don't think this your person will win you members to your church or even learn under you for mentorship.

2 Likes

Re: Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober by domexydomen1: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
PastorandMentor:
Mercy and deliverance fall on you...
Re: Letter of a UBA staff that got me sober by PastorandMentor(m): 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2017
Ape
domexydomen1:

Mercy and deliverance fall on you...

(1) (Reply)

Hmm: Imagine This! / Brand New Heavy Duty Honda 8.5kva Generators For Sale At Low Prices / Opportunity Comes But Once.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.