Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. (25809 Views)

Who Dey Play Chess For Chess.com? / Nairaland Chess Players (Play a Nairalander) / Thread For Scrabble And Chess Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
Rick9:

Ahahahahahahahaha this one touch me, the one that pains me most is when I lose my Queen to a mere pawn.
one of my friend will say have u seen a mere citizen killing a soldier in a war in that pawn and queen situation.

2 Likes

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2017
Rick9:
Chai guys this game suffer me eh I no fit check mate I had to use my King to continue with the chase, until after 15 Minutes before I could check mate the king, I suffer sha
download Real Chess set the level to 7 if you beat that level u are good indeed. It also has online mode.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 3:56pm On Nov 09, 2017
Sherifastro:

The most annoying thing in chess is when you are checkmated by a pawn. You will feel like you have failed your final exam.
Very annoying! Or when the queen is lost to a mere pawn. I will just undo the whole thing fast fast, its an embarrassment to the queen itself now cheesy

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2017
Collinz2:
is like u need more than a move.

Nope, all i need is move my queen 2 boxes forward and checkmate
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2017
Chai menh I deserve better flogging, imagine this game I had 4 Queens and 1 Rook I still ended up in STALEMATE.

ABEG NO YAB ME OH

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 4:32pm On Nov 09, 2017
vivie01:

Very annoying! Or when the queen is lost to a mere pawn. I will just undo the whole thing fast fast, its an embarrassment to the queen itself now cheesy

Very embarrassing

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2017
Guys have u seen this before, I was reading about the earliest origin of chess I saw this what do u think

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaturanga
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2017
Rick9:
Chai menh I deserve better flogging, imagine this game I had 4 Queens and 1 Rook I still ended up in STALEMATE.

ABEG NO YAB ME OH
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2017
Rick9:

ABEG NO YAB ME OH
that is one mistake i try to avoid when having many queens.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
Sherifastro:

where is ur queen f4 or f5?
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2017
Sherifastro:

Wait oh, I dont understand this your game oooo. Bishop standing in between the queen and the rook on same straight line, how can you checkmate without the king out-thrown the rook? Is the queen going to jump over the bishop or what? shocked

What you stated in your above mention cant hold at all except .....maybe I'm not seeing what you are seeing
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2017
Rick9:
ABEG NO YAB ME OH

You don judge the matter yourself na, no need to yab you again, lol. grin

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2017
vivie01:

You don judge the matter yourself na, no need to yab you again, lol. grin
Its painful oh

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
Rick9:

Its painful oh
lol. grin . You didnt make good use of them na, how can you have 4 queens and still end at stalemate?
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2017
Sometimes if computer castle against me, they just crated problems for themselves, I will just concentrate all my attacks to where the king is, by launching my nights and bishops to clear the defenders. King would be running helter skelter
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 7:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
vivie01:

lol. grin . You didnt make good use of them na, how can you have 4 queens and still end at stalemate?
I wanted to take out their bishop instead of going for the decisive blow.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Rick9(m): 7:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
Collinz2:
one of my friend will say have u seen a mere citizen killing a soldier in a war in that pawn and queen situation.
Ahahahahahahahaha
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2017
Rick9:
Sometimes if computer castle against me, they just crated problems for themselves, I will just concentrate all my attacks to where the king is, by launching my nights and bishops to clear the defenders. King would be running helter skelter

But in the process that you are concentrating on the king alone, you will neglect some important moves which could come back and backfire you know. Between it used to be interesting and thrilling at the same time seeing the king running helter-skelter grin

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2017
vivie01:

Wait oh, I dont understand this your game oooo. Bishop standing in between the queen and the rook on same straight line, how can you checkmate without the king out-thrown the rook? Is the queen going to jump over the bishop or what? shocked

What you stated in your above mention cant hold at all except .....maybe I'm not seeing what you are seeing
am as confuse as u are, His rook will be captured by the king king if he move the queen wrongly.

1 Like

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 10:00pm On Nov 09, 2017
vivie01:

But in the process that you are concentrating on the king alone, you will neglect some important moves which could come back and backfire you know. Between it used to be interesting and thrilling at the same time seeing the king running helter-skelter grin

and annoying when the table turns around, computer will just murder u.

2 Likes

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2017
Rick9:
hahaha but risky, u cant do that without sacrifies.

2 Likes

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 6:55am On Nov 10, 2017
vivie01:

Definitely we are seeing different things. Or did i upload wrong pic, and am seeing the right one?
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 7:03am On Nov 10, 2017
Collinz2:
am as confuse as u are, His rook will be captured by the king king if he move the queen wrongly.
now i think we are seeing something else, is this picture below different from what you are seeing?

The first pic is the correct one while the second pic is the mate

Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 8:33am On Nov 10, 2017
Sherifastro:
now i think we are seeing something else, is this picture below different from what you are seeing?

now i see it clearly u have no bishop just a queen. The one under is ur king. U are right then.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by vivie01(f): 8:36am On Nov 10, 2017
Sherifastro:

Are you saying those two whites beside each other are both queens? Thought its the bishop that stood before the queen na.
But check them well again, aren't they different? angry
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 8:43am On Nov 10, 2017
vivie01:

Are you saying those two whites beside each other are both queens? Thought its the bishop that stood before the queen na.
i have seen it now he has no bishop that piece is queen and the other is king so moving two steps up checkmate the king. But the queen looks like bishop.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 8:49am On Nov 10, 2017
vivie01:

The white piece close to computer king is my queen. While the other white is my king.

Check the shape of their head,
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Sherifastro(m): 8:50am On Nov 10, 2017
Collinz2:
i have seen it now he has no bishop that piece is queen and the other is king so moving two steps up checkmate the king. But the queen looks like bishop.

Lols. Its 3D chess. Download it or whatsapp me if you need it.
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 9:10am On Nov 10, 2017
Sherifastro:

Lols. Its 3D chess. Download it or whatsapp me if you need it.
i play Real Chess also 3D but to beat level 7 no be beans oh even with cheat not to talk of 8,9,10. How hard is that one?
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by Collinz2(m): 9:11am On Nov 10, 2017
Sherifastro:

The white piece close to computer king is my queen. While the other white is my king.

Check the shape of their head,
why is it that in chess queen wear shower cap? Lol
Re: CHESS - For Beginners & Pro's. by isaiah9(m): 10:23am On Nov 10, 2017
Sherifastro:

The most annoying thing in chess is when you are checkmated by a pawn. You will feel like you have failed your final exam.
There's this thing computer does sometimes i don't understand. When i've killed all but the king,blocked all his route, it'd end the game as draw cos there's no safe place for the king to go. How true is that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? / Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each. / Dox Ose, Guinness World Record Attempt: Longest FIFA Live Stream Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.