Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,978 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy (28279 Views)

Tecno’s New Camon X Is Launching On April 5th / Iphone X, Is It Worth The Price Or Just An Overrated Piece Of Metal / Funniest Meme Reactions To The Iphone X And Iphone 8 Launch Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by benosky(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2017
Crap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by DavidEsq(m): 7:22am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Source - http://www.naijatechguy.com/2017/09/reasons-why-i-think-iphone-x-is.html
Edakun, hepp me o. How I go take fix my BB ID password problem? Dem say make I put security kweshon. Dem dey ask me my favourite food and I no sure again Wetin I put. Wen type Egusi soup, wey be my fav food, e no work embarassed. Na so I still suffer for my yahoo id, I com leave am open Gmail. Edakun epp me embarassed
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nattylad(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2017
The only reason people (Nigerians) use an iPhone is to prove that they can afford it

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by iamchybs(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2017
No let all these girls wey don dey blow miscellaneous rich boys for the sake of iPhone X here am.

Well, as long as it's the reigning Overrated piece of metal, them don't give a damn.... lol
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by 50shadesofme: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Alright a couple of days ago, Apple launched the new iPhone X alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus cleverly skipping the iPhone 9.

Like most Apple devices, the iPhone X broke the bank, costing over £999 (that's basically almost N400,000 in my currency)

Me right now.. Trying to figure out how N400k can change someone's life

I'll be quite honest I can't see any ground breaking feature on the iPhone X.

Is it the Design?

The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 obviously does better.

No Physical Home Button?
Yeah.. Probably because Samsung ditched theirs

Yeah they dumped the head phone jacks for Airpods?

I'm not trying to be a cheapskate but why should anyone get wireless headphones that cost $159 (N60,000). I'd rather get a quality headset (Beats By Dr Dre). And what happens if one gets missing?

It has secure Face ID that can only be wrong one in a million times?

Did you watch the iPhone X launch at the Apple Headquarters in Cupertino. Face ID couldn't unlock the phone. I guess that was the one in a million times they meant. Apple didn't tell us what happens if identical twins try to unlock one phone.I guess the passcode is just a secure way to bypass the whole debacle.
Samsung comes with Iris Scanning and Fingerprint Scanning.

Dual Camera Setup and Wireless Charging ?
I shouldn't be saying this but you and I know they're not the first to do this. There's totally nothing new here.

A lot of us expected Apple to add the touch ID beneath the screen but they never did. Vivo actually beat them to that feature.

With all the smartphones available in the world, I'd say it's really unwise for anyone waste $1,000 for stolen, exaggerated, reused and almost useless features.

Apple has always been trying to sabotage Samsung and the entire Android OS. The iPhone X’s screen is quite inferior to that of the S8 in terms of pixel density and brightness and they had the nerve to market it as "the future of smartphones".

Seriously "$1000" for a smartphone is daylight robbery. You can even get any affordable smartphone with similar features for less than that price.

Apple definitely has a very strong marketing scheme that causes people to go crazy over them. I don't know how they do it, but congrats to them but I'd rather not fork out $1000 for a new smartphone.

You'd think Apple would listen to people and fix a lot of things on their Anniversary device to mark the end of a decade since the existence of the iPhone but "No" , they're try to take our eyes off what they've not done.

1.You still can't install Apps outside the Apple Store

2. It's still difficult transferring files between Computers (Not Macs) and iPhones without iTunes

3. The Accessories Are Still Expensive

4. Users still don't have total control of customization

Apple makes massive profits from their devices due to the monopoly they enjoy from their O.S and its actually becoming something else.

You might think because it's because I'm a huge fan of Android phones that's why I'm saying their phone is overrated, well don't judge me yet until you hear what Daniel fromTechKnowNG has to say. :

The iPhone X features an edge-to-edge OLED display and comes with a $999 price tag. I don't know how the price tag will affect other Apple iPhone products but just as usual the iPhone is probably going to get a lot of sales based on surveys. The IPhone X has received a number of criticisms from smartphone users and the fact that it malfunctioned on the launch date sparked a number of hilarious criticisms on social media and we shouldn't ignore that.

The question now is

"Is The IPhone X An Overrated Smartphone "

Let's take a look at some of the features

1. The edge-to-edge OLED screen

The feature that makes the IPhone X stand out is it's edge-to-edge OLED screen display. Apple was quite excited about the edge-to-edge OLED display during it's launch, but this feature has obviously been on Android phones for quite a while. It's been available on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Xiaomi Mi Mix and a couple of other Android devices so there's no reasonable way I'm spending a thousand dollars on a feature I can get for less on other devices.

2. Facial Recognition Software

This is like the most annoying part of the IPhone X, the facial recognition system. I'm okay with the fact Apple tried to come up with something new but the question now is will the IPhone X facial recognition system be able to recognize ladies when they're on makeups, fixed eyelashes or users in general when they have an injury anywhere on their face. Probably not, so you will be left with a device that only recognize you when you have a straight face, I'd advice you not to buy something like that.

3. The iPhone X is expensive. very expensive

One of the noticeable aspects of the iPhone X perhaps more noticeable than its display is its price tag. Apple has set the starting cost for its flagship product at $1,000 If you include taxes and the 256GB storage configuration. The device is even more expensive outside the US — customers in Italy, Russia, and Poland, for instance, will all have to pay around $1,600 for a 256GB version of the iPhone X

Generally, I feel the IPhone X is an overrated phone, it shouldn't be this expensive because all the features that Apple has claimed is new are not new, they all have been on Android phones, I mean affordable ones. But the IPhone X comes with an Apple logo at the back of it so I expect the logo alone to be worth more than $400.

That's what Daniel thinks but what do you think about the iPhone X.Overrated, Overpriced, Over Hyped.. I'd love to know your thoughts on this. Drop your opinion in the comments.
All the missing things you highlighted are missing due to the the bite on the apple logo, people are just blinded because of the name but on a serious note there is nothing special about the iPhone /range instead you are limited and controlled sadly many people don't realize that there are so many good fones out there, I refuse to be controlled hence my refusal to own such a brand I can't pay to be owned and limited to constantly buying that app and blah blah Android is about freedom of choice and flexibility

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Officialzoe: 7:36am On Sep 21, 2017
I know some NL will say it's poverty mind, its totally not poverty mindset. its just preference.. I can get the Xaiomi Mi Mix 2 for about €550 .. instead of wasting a whole $1000 on a phone that doesn't give me total access to personal customization.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:37am On Sep 21, 2017
9japrof:
Bros when you have 1000 dollars to spare on gadgets, you would know better.

Niggas criticizing what they don't understand or afford to own

Once someone criticizes iPhone you fanboys will automatically translate it to the person not being able to afford it. Pathetic!

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 21, 2017
2 types of cars ---Mercedes and others
2 types of phones---IPhone and others

If only you can tell me what makes Mercedes stand out and we can't find in other cars!!!When you are large,Guy forget am,You stand on your lane!!!

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:38am On Sep 21, 2017
Nattylad:
The only reason people (Nigerians) use an iPhone is to prove that they can afford it

Gbam!...all for the gram. Most of them can't even use it. They use it just for pictures and "I have an iPhone".
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 21, 2017
Apple is for rich that's all
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 21, 2017
[s]
Yelutide:

OP: Poverty na bastard. when you are wealthy, you'll understand what iPhone X is all about. No matter how Tim cook, explain it to you now, you won't understand.
[/s]not everyone that criticises iphone is poor you turd.

Rich people don't spend carelessly or show off unnecessarily.
Only ghetto kids from very poor background with poverty mentality, who suddenly jam little change and think buying iphone you don't even know how it works is best way of showing you have arrived.

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:41am On Sep 21, 2017
iambabaG:
This is a poverty skewed analysis..
Just see the way you are ranting and repeating yourself!
If my use of iPhones is anything to go buy; it is a gadget that works seemlessly and almost perfectly fine.
And I really can't remember they forcing you to purchase it!

If your idea of wealth is spending money on irrelevant items, you'll go bankrupt soon. Trust me

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:41am On Sep 21, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Some people are naturally lipsrsealed
Criticizing a phone that you have never and will probably never use in your life as a worthless piece of metal
Those of us blessed enough to buy it.
Did we complain to you?

Better go and open an account with LinkedIn.
Perhaps you will be able to find a well paying job and stop hating on something simply because you can't afford it.

LOL grin grin... I'm not hating bruh.. I'm just stating facts.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by riyanxeally(f): 7:42am On Sep 21, 2017
puff puff pass make ur own so it ll be d next hyped thang after game of thrones...rabbish ..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by 9japrof(m): 7:44am On Sep 21, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Once someone criticizes iPhone you fanboys will automatically translate it to the person not being able to afford it. Pathetic!

Having 1000 dollars is different, what i mean is do you have it to spare on the gadget, bros as you don buy case wey no concern you, that question na for you
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:44am On Sep 21, 2017
50shadesofme:

All the missing things you highlighted are missing due to the the bite on the apple logo, people are just blinded because of the name but on a serious note there is nothing special about the iPhone /range instead you are limited and controlled sadly many people don't realize that there are so many good fones out there, I refuse to be controlled hence my refusal to own such a brand I can't pay to be owned and limited to constantly buying that app and blah blah Android is about freedom of choice and flexibility

You're very correct bro.. It's really appalling that most Nigerians who even get the phone take it as a status quo that depicts wealth. Very pathetic.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by junnaiskye(f): 7:47am On Sep 21, 2017
I don't get what the fuss is about this phone.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:47am On Sep 21, 2017
9japrof:

Having 1000 dollars is different, what i mean is do you have it to spare on the gadget, bros as you don buy case wey no concern you, that question na for you

And if I do and still hate the iPhone, doesn't still mean I can't afford it?
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:49am On Sep 21, 2017
DavidEsq:

Edakun, hepp me o. How I go take fix my BB ID password problem? Dem say make I put security kweshon. Dem dey ask me my favourite food and I no sure again Wetin I put. Wen type Egusi soup, wey be my fav food, e no work embarassed. Na so I still suffer for my yahoo id, I com leave am open Gmail. Edakun epp me embarassed

Use this link - https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword/
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:49am On Sep 21, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Apple is for rich that's all
Correction,Apple in Nigeria is for people who want to "look" rich.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 21, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

So it's cheap in the USA right?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by kennyslim1(m): 7:56am On Sep 21, 2017
Most of the comments here from the Apple fans didn't counter what the OP posted. All you guys resorted to was he's poor hence his critics. That's a shallow way to air your opinion against someone's else!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Dexema(m): 8:00am On Sep 21, 2017
Nattylad:
most comments on this thread just goes to confirm that Nigerians lack an analytical mindset and are always rushing with the crowd even when they don't know where they are headed. Good job op, in my opinion the iPhone 8, 8plus and X are mainly status symbols in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Sike(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2017
ok oooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by sarutobie(m): 8:07am On Sep 21, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

This, I wonder why Nigerians associate wealth with phone..I'm your normal hustling guy, I use an iPhone but I will never be deluded into thinking I am rich because where my wealth stop na where another person own start..majority of Americans are of the opinion that the iPhone X is overpriced..

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 21, 2017
They have come, the shitfinix and shecno marketers
ahahhahahahhaaa
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
Alright a couple of days ago, Apple launched the new iPhone X alongside the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus cleverly skipping the iPhone 9.

Like most Apple devices, the iPhone X broke the bank, costing over £999 (that's basically almost N400,000 in my currency)

Is it the Design?

No Physical Home Button?

I'm not trying to be a cheapskate but why should anyone get wireless headphones that cost $159 (N60,000). I'd rather get a quality headset (Beats By Dr Dre). And what happens if one gets missing?

Did you watch the iPhone X launch at the Apple Headquarters in Cupertino. Face ID couldn't unlock the phone. I guess that was the one in a million times they meant. Apple didn't tell us what happens if identical twins try to unlock one phone.I guess the passcode is just a secure way to bypass the whole debacle.

I shouldn't be saying this but you and I know they're not the first to do this. There's totally nothing new here.

A lot of us expected Apple to add the touch ID beneath the screen but they never did. Vivo actually beat them to that feature.

With all the smartphones available in the world, I'd say it's really unwise for anyone waste $1,000 for stolen, exaggerated, reused and almost useless features.

Apple has always been trying to sabotage Samsung and the entire Android OS. The iPhone X’s screen is quite inferior to that of the S8 in terms of pixel density and brightness and they had the nerve to market it as "the future of smartphones".

Seriously "$1000" for a smartphone is daylight robbery. You can even get any affordable smartphone with similar features for less than that price.

Apple definitely has a very strong marketing scheme that causes people to go crazy over them. I don't know how they do it, but congrats to them but I'd rather not fork out $1000 for a new smartphone.

You'd think Apple would listen to people and fix a lot of things on their Anniversary device to mark the end of a decade since the existence of the iPhone but "No" , they're try to take our eyes off what they've not done.

2. It's still difficult transferring files between Computers (Not Macs) and iPhones without iTunes

Apple makes massive profits from their devices due to the monopoly they enjoy from their O.S and its actually becoming something else.

You might think because it's because I'm a huge fan of Android phones that's why I'm saying their phone is overrated, well don't judge me yet until you hear what Daniel fromTechKnowNG has to say. :

The iPhone X features an edge-to-edge OLED display and comes with a $999 price tag. I don't know how the price tag will affect other Apple iPhone products but just as usual the iPhone is probably going to get a lot of sales based on surveys. The IPhone X has received a number of criticisms from smartphone users and the fact that it malfunctioned on the launch date sparked a number of hilarious criticisms on social media and we shouldn't ignore that.

The question now is

The feature that makes the IPhone X stand out is it's edge-to-edge OLED screen display. Apple was quite excited about the edge-to-edge OLED display during it's launch, but this feature has obviously been on Android phones for quite a while. It's been available on the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Xiaomi Mi Mix and a couple of other Android devices so there's no reasonable way I'm spending a thousand dollars on a feature I can get for less on other devices.

This is like the most annoying part of the IPhone X, the facial recognition system. I'm okay with the fact Apple tried to come up with something new but the question now is will the IPhone X facial recognition system be able to recognize ladies when they're on makeups, fixed eyelashes or users in general when they have an injury anywhere on their face. Probably not, so you will be left with a device that only recognize you when you have a straight face, I'd advice you not to buy something like that.

One of the noticeable aspects of the iPhone X perhaps more noticeable than its display is its price tag. Apple has set the starting cost for its flagship product at $1,000 If you include taxes and the 256GB storage configuration. The device is even more expensive outside the US — customers in Italy, Russia, and Poland, for instance, will all have to pay around $1,600 for a 256GB version of the iPhone X

Generally, I feel the IPhone X is an overrated phone, it shouldn't be this expensive because all the features that Apple has claimed is new are not new, they all have been on Android phones, I mean affordable ones. But the IPhone X comes with an Apple logo at the back of it so I expect the logo alone to be worth more than $400.

That's what Daniel thinks but what do you think about the iPhone X.Overrated, Overpriced, Over Hyped.. I'd love to know your thoughts on this. Drop your opinion in the comments.

They want to tell us how the Shitfinix Hot note 4 or 5 or 6 is better than iphone 8 that has sold out world wide

GTFO
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 21, 2017
@op

let me guess, you are about to suggest getting an Andriod device right? And i know you dont mean the Smsung S8 you mean either Shitfinix or Shecno right?
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by JuicyStar: 8:11am On Sep 21, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:

Is it the Design?

No Physical Home Button?

The question now is

Guy na either of these 3 things dey do u: 1. You no get money, 2. U get the money but ur liver no fit imagine say u go drop that the money for iphone.. 3. U don't like apple devices the same way I hate android phones.

All these ur analysis na rubbish to the one that has the money and liver to buy the phone.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 21, 2017
[s]
lestat:
@op

let me guess, you are about to suggest getting an Andriod device right? And i know you dont mean the Smsung S8 you mean either Shitfinix or Shecno right?
[/s]

Learn to read before you make comment.

If you don't understand a post, just fhuck off and move to the other thread.

Poor thing.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:13am On Sep 21, 2017
lestat:

They want to tell us how the Shitfinix Hot note 4 or 5 or 6 is better than iphone 8 that has sold out world wide

GTFO

You should know by now that I don't write biased articles neither am I a marketer for Tecno or Infinix. You've not read the post on my blog where I pointed out Tecno phones people should avoid buying.
Re: Reasons Why I Think The Iphone X Is An Overrated Piece Of Metal - Naijatechguy by NaijaTechGuy(m): 8:15am On Sep 21, 2017
JuicyStar:

Guy na either of these 3 things dey do u: 1. You no get money, 2. U get the money but ur liver no fit imagine say u go drop that the money for iphone.. 3. U don't like apple devices the same way I hate android phones.

All these ur analysis na rubbish to the one that has the money and liver to buy the phone.

Lol..what happens to the liver when your screen breaks or your charging port spoils. Or even still when your wireless headphones get missing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

TECNO Unveils Dynamic One Ai-Powered Robotic Dog At World Mobile Congress 2024 / Let's Peek Into A Smartphone's Brain / Fix Your Phone Without Leaving Your Comfort

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.